Leeds away - £45 (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

I don't think so. This 'gesture' is a poorly-disguised attempt to get more money out of fans who will already be forking out £45 for a ticket because of the greed of the club. No voucher would have been preferable
Use of the voucher is not compulsory

shmmeee

TBH I’m not sure either. The fact there is so much of a backlash suggest that the proposal has been counter productive, but all those complaining should remember that the club didn’t have to offer anything. Leeds are basically bullying other clubs and a better response than capitulation would be for fans to boycott that scummy club. CCFC have offered something to fans which will cost the club very little, but could have some value to some people.
As an aside, I have never liked Leeds, mainly due to Billy Bremner and Garry Sprake. I’m trying to remember whether it was the latter that Ernie Hunt lobbed a goal past at HR.

Same. Ex wife was a Leeds fan too.

I’m just thinking from a sum total PR perspective the offer seems to have done more harm than good, that might be irrational but public opinion often is.

It’s become practice to send out these “compensations” that come with so many caveats they’re virtually useless to most. And I think the club needs a rethink on how it comes across. This kind of “offer to the fans” comes up every now and again and it would be good to be ahead of it next time.

CCFCSteve

That makes zero difference - the club effectively is just a seller of other peoples merchandise- a 25% margin is significant

Yeah, the club won’t make massive margin but the conditions with the voucher appear OTT. Should’ve just had a min spend of say £30, if at all, and just swallowed the loss with expectation that they’ll make it back from Leeds fans when they come to town. Mayve bought some goodwill from fans

fernandopartridge

I don't think so. This 'gesture' is a poorly-disguised attempt to get more money out of fans who will already be forking out £45 for a ticket because of the greed of the club. No voucher would have been preferable.

It really isn't unless you are an idiot who believes spending to get money off is a good idea

Grendel

My pea brain doesn't understand - surely the club are working directly with cheap manufacturers and can charge whatever mark-up they like?

Er no

Tommo1993

@pusbccfc I get you go to very game and have an understandable vested interest in not wanting to pay £45 to go to Leeds, but the hard economic reality is that CCFC don't make a penny from your supporting us there. Leeds is one of the games that is likely to provide one of our bigger crowds at home, so it really makes no sense for the club to reduce prices for Leeds fans and lose money in the process. The reason Leeds are able to charge so much is all connected to the laws of supply and demand, which we are simply applying to their fans in return.

Unless they’ve scrapped the regulations CCFC will make a whopping £2.25 of each adult ticket sold. Splitting hairs, but we will make a penny as you say.

Seeing that PNE have accepted the same deal that we’ve just rejected, we’d look stupid now to turn around and accept.

MalcSB

Unless they’ve scrapped the regulations CCFC will make a whopping £2.25 of each adult ticket sold. Splitting hairs, but we will make a penny as you say.

Seeing that PNE have accepted the same deal that we’ve just rejected, we’d look stupid now to turn around and accept.
Splitting hairs, PNE have knocked £2 off a ticket. Is that the same deal?

alexccfc99

Ridiculous situation, but can’t quite believe that LUFC charge their own fans £47/£45 a head for a home match and they are happy to suck it up

letsallsingtogether

Fuck Leeds so they believe they can blackmail clubs to get cheaper prices for their fans.
Should be banned from all away games if that is their game.
Never had a problem with Leeds but this has changed things.
As they say Dirty Leeds!

chiefdave

Ridiculous situation, but can’t quite believe that LUFC charge their own fans £47/£45 a head for a home match and they are happy to suck it up
It’s amazing how many of our fans think Leeds are blameless here. Obvious solution then for Doug, put our standard match day tickets up to the same price they pay next season and nobody will complain

SkyBlueMatt

What actually are the rules for charging home/away fans? Couldn't we just raise the prices to £60 that game for away fans? It would get media coverage and show how ridiculous it all is.

If home fans have to pay the same, do it but offer a '2 games for £61' one off match package.

Grendel

EalingSB

I was at uni in Leeds and remember paying 7.50 to watch us there in ‘92. The following season it was 15 quid.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Football shirts are normally commission based and clubs make about 7%
The club get at the very least 7% commission for each one sold. The seller gets at least about 20% most city shirts are sold by the club shop which I believe we own you will correct me if I'm wrong, so they get a decent wedge.

Grendel

The club get at the very least 7% commission for each one sold. The seller gets at least about 20% most city shirts are sold by the club shop which I believe we own you will correct me if I'm wrong, so they get a decent wedge.

Yeah you are wrong the return from these are generally small for the football club and the shop revenue is counted as part of the clubs accounts revenue I would assume and is not separate

alexccfc99

My two cents is that the clubs are trying to save face and thrash out a deal with eachother to bring the price down as just over two weeks till the match and not even an on-sale date announced yet

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Yeah you are wrong the return from these are generally small for the football club and the shop revenue is counted as part of the clubs accounts revenue I would assume and is not separate
I have noticed when Man.Utd. were selling their shirts for £80 in their shop got £23.47 for selling them. Now their selling them for cheaper than ours don't know. On top of the £4.80 license fee.Plus £90 mill.sponsorship.I know were not in their league for shirt selling but if we are only getting about £7 or £8 total Doug will be chasing a better deal

pusbccfc

Only 2018 tickets for Leeds. Thought the allocation would be more

Hopefully we hold off and give them 2000. Give them more when it's clear we don't have the demand for 28k.

Users who are viewing this thread