Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Definitely improved this season, though also playing at his lowest level. I’d probably lose LOB and get an experienced head in that can come in if Burges form takes a dive and that Burge can learn from.

we at least need a new number 1, left back, striker and winger

Think we need a mini Doyle as well. Got to be realistic he’s not actually the terminator and will have to ease off eventually. We only have Kelly and him and tend to play two holding midfielders. Bayliss likely to leave as well.

Bristol sky blue

He gives me the jitters because he always seems to take a fraction too long to kick the ball when a striker closes him down...

However, I think he will be our no.1 next season and rightly so. The positives in his game outweigh the minuses. I think he has improved e.g. his positioning at free kicks is better now.

That said, I would let LOB go and get a half decent keeper to compete with him for the shirt.

Hobo

He has really stepped up, commanding his area and his kicking has improved too. I don’t think a keeper is now a priority. Obviously some will disagree.

I agree, I think people have still been judging him on last season's performance which were inconsistent. A big step forward but he needs to maintain at least (if not improve) on these standards now.

I don't think there is a lot of difference in the standards between League 2 and League 1 (until maybe top 5 of League 1). So we shouldn't worry too much about keeping faith with Burge.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Think we need a mini Doyle as well. Got to be realistic he’s not actually the terminator and will have to ease off eventually. We only have Kelly and him and tend to play two holding midfielders. Bayliss likely to leave as well.

I'm sure Mini Michael Doyle played against Notts County?
Coventry-City-v-Notts-County.jpg

Joy Division

Vastly improved in this year. I can easily hold my hands up and say I didn't rate him and was certain we needed a new keeper next season, not so sure now.

Users who are viewing this thread