Leaving for Yeovil (1 Viewer)

Astute

Leaving for Yeovil in 30 mins. Am I going to be the first one to get there?:laugh:

So the Div3 tour begins. Will see about checking out a couple of pubs later :p Looking forward to meeting up with a few of you. The Arrow is looking favourite to start in. I can remember the name of that one :D

One last request.....if a spare ticket comes up can you let me know please. Will travel anywhere near Yeovil from now til kickoff. Will be able to reply to PM's. Worth beer tokens for anyone that can help get my lad in. He wants to see Jennings play for us :pimp:

brinner

see you down there, may know someone with a spare but will not know for deffo till am down there!!

hoffmanhater

Just buy one in the home end and chance getting into the away end with a home ticket, same colour ticket, and it's a stub rather then a barcode, can't imagine them checking I'd just imagine they'd rip and send every1 throw as quickly as they can

ccfcdan

Have a safe journey. Make sure you remember to take enough water and straw for the donkey along the way!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Have a good night lads,a bit wet in the west country at the moment,i shall be in Yeovil by 10 am tomorrow

skybluelee

Stopped raining in Dorchester (20 miles away from Yeovil). Forecast reasonably ok for the rest of today and tomorrow. Bring on the beer and 3 points! :guitar2:

Skyblueloyal

Last week when I came down to Devon for holiday the M5 was worse than the M6 has ever been. Hope all that are coming down Saturday are leaving extra time, you may need it. Took me 6 hours from Kenilworth to Exmouth ....no fun

withnail

Anybody got any idea on how long it's going to take to get down there?
The web is saying 3 hours; sounds optimistic.

For anyone already down there...how long did it take and what were the roads looking like?
ta

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

For anyone already down there...how long did it take and what were the roads looking like?
ta

A bit tarmaccy! :)

DazzleTommyDazzle

Used to live in Bristol. The M5 is a nightmare on Saturdays in the school holidays. I'd leave a couple of hours extra at least. If it's clear, you can always spend the extra time I'm the pub (drivers excepted of course!!!).
Give them a shout for me - I'm at Lords tomorrow (birthday present from the wife).

SkyBlueCraigo

Hi all... Completely new to all this but been following posts for a while now so decided to join in the fun :) Anyway just to say, i'm a City fan who lives in the lovely Yeovil haha :whistle: so if theres any questions on the area you need answering, ask away! Otherwise see you all tomrrow bright and early for a beer!

Coventry La La La

Hi all... Completely new to all this but been following posts for a while now so decided to join in the fun :) Anyway just to say, i'm a City fan who lives in the lovely Yeovil haha :whistle: so if theres any questions on the area you need answering, ask away! Otherwise see you all tomrrow bright and early for a beer!

:welcome: To SBT. :)

:wave:

Hello welcome to Sky Blues Talk :cool: enjoy your stay!

skybluelee

ta

Going the other way (but from 30 miles further afield) never takes more than three hours but that is usually outside of school holidays. Make sure you come off the motorway at Taunton and not Bristol, regardless of what the sat nav says as it is much quicker.

Myself and three mates are stopping down overnight in Yeovil and out on the town. Any recommendations on places to go would be really gratefully received.

skybluelee

Recommend The Arrow for a few pre-match pints mate?

SkyBlueCraigo

Myself and three mates are stopping down overnight in Yeovil and out on the town. Any recommendations on places to go would be really gratefully received.

Theres 3 decent sized pubs all within 10 mins walk of the ground.. But ground itself is right out of centre of town, but a taxi in ask to go top of town, maybe 'the armoury' or 'the beach' or just the 'weatherspoons' these are 3 main places people tend to go to start the night! If your looking for clubbing, only 1 club haha 'Club Neo' where everybody heads around 12 ish :guitar2: and i will see you in there lol ;)

SkyBlueCraigo

Arrow, Airfield Tavern and The Bell... Arrow is the one which will be busiest as all Yeovil fans tend to go there as well, if your looking for not waiting as long i would say The Bell or Airfield for sure.

Astute

Took 7 hours from arse end of lake district. Having chinese buffet at moment only a fiver. back later when phone has charge

Sold. As soon as I lose the designated driver status, I shall be getting on it there before a big three points, second away win of the new season, clean sheet and three goals scored.

Astute

What a day. 3 yr old threw up all over the back of the car on way here. Made it in good time considering.

Brinber, please let me know when you find out. Would love to buy you a beer whatever. Of you could get him a ticket I would love to buy you a few :D

This has been a reality check for me already. Picked my lad up from Yeovil Junction. It is like going back in time. Whilst I was waiting outside the station a bloke pulled up alongside me with long permed hair and asked me if I was going to Woodentop farm. What an accent he had. Tried my best not to laugh :)

Lots of pubs about. Wetherspoons next to the bus station. Well I think it is the bus station at least. Not found the Arrow yet. Out shopping for beer then going for a drink. My wife is my taxi. Will be in the pubs at opening time tomorrow. Hope to see you all there.

Astute

If i was in my car it would have been 4 hrs. We are touring so much slower. Towed a 1.7t van behing us..330 miles so good time

Astute

Good news. Lad has a ticket. Told him he has to wear a Motherwell top so you should be able to spot us :D

Users who are viewing this thread