Least favourite Opposition player this season (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

I like the way he causes panic. He is past his best but for nuisance value Akinfenwa is a great option to bring havoc. We play him a quite well but you can see fear in the way defenders climb all over him.

He hasn’t caused many if any issues in this league he reminds me of Mark Wright at Crawley there for press. He never had a best he’s always been a joke figure.

If you watch him he is always backing in and never gets his lumbering drake off the ground that’s why they seem to climb over him.

Ccfcisparks

He hasn’t caused many if any issues in this league he reminds me of Mark Wright at Crawley there for press. He never had a best he’s always been a joke figure.
Hes hit double figures all but twice in the past twelve seasons. Hardly a carthorse. If you have seen any Wycombe games this year you will know that there have been a few times he's played a big part in results for Wycombe. Their win at Birmingham being one. Comparing him to a celebrity who signed for a club as publicity is a totally stupid comment.

Terry Gibson's perm

Hes hit double figures all but twice in the past twelve seasons. Hardly a carthorse. If you have seen any Wycombe games this year you will know that there have been a few times he's played a big part in results for Wycombe. Their win at Birmingham being one. Comparing him to a celebrity who signed for a club as publicity is a totally stupid comment.

Hasn’t scored a goal all season most of those seasons he played at league two, defences at this level aren’t bothered by him they just pass it around him and watch him waddle about.

At least it’s admitted why Wright is there they try to disguise this charlatan as a footballer.

He is worse than Bakayoko

Ccfcisparks

Hasn’t scored a goal all season most of those seasons he played at league two, defences at this level aren’t bothered by him they just pass it around him and watch him waddle about.

At least it’s admitted why Wright is there they try to disguise this charlatan as a footballer.

He is worse than Bakayoko
He’s 40 ffs. He scored more goals in League 1 last year than our current starting striker hahahah

Terry Gibson's perm

He’s 40 ffs. He scored more goals in League 1 last year than our current starting striker hahahah

He got more than the 14 that Walker got?

Its not an age issue Coppinger at Doncaster is as old and he can still move he is a lump nothing more.

SkyBlueOz

The last time i got really pissed off with an opposition player, was the first game against Tranmere last season. The goalie was one of the worst time wasting pricks ever.

Skybluefaz

If you watch him he is always backing in and never gets his lumbering drake off the ground that’s why they seem to climb over him.
He's been a pro and a good pro for years. How can you compare him to Mark Wright?

mrtrench

I have not had any knowledge of this player or his stance on not wearing a poppy

I have now looked at it and from what I can see I support his right to say no.

The principal of defeated totalitarian states was to create freedom of will and not to be forced to adopt a majority opinion

His stance therefore cannot be held against him. I even accept his reasoning if that’s his opinion.

You can’t fight for freedom and then oppose the rights freedom gives you.

I would have said the same if Corbyn had won the election and said he would not swear allegiance to the Queen ( though I’m sure he would anyway) because as a life long Republican that’s his right to object and to say so

Same for taking the knee and other BLM symbolism- if you do not want to take part it’s your legitimate right in a free society

I agree. I also agree with Marcus. But I don't like this stuff on the footy forum. There are plenty of opportunities for James to discuss his religion in the off topic region, where I can avoid it most of the time.

Terry Gibson's perm

He's been a pro and a good pro for years. How can you compare him to Mark Wright?

He’s not been a good pro he’s been a pro massive difference, would you honestly say he is worth a championship contract or is he there because he brings a bit of fame and razzmatazz. He’s probably a good bloke and engages well on social media but I try to avoid him where I can.

I have spent more time on here responding about this bloke than he has spent useful time on the pitch this year.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

He’s not been a good pro he’s been a pro massive difference, would you honestly say he is worth a championship contract or is he there because he brings a bit of fame and razzmatazz. He’s probably a good bloke and engages well on social media but I try to avoid him where I can.
Who has been tuning into watch Wycombe because of him? I may be missing something but he's barely been covered even on the quest show when I've watched. You can't decide he's not been a good pro. His career defines that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Theres a lot of players that have contracts in the Championship that dont necessarily deserve it. Does Bakayoko? Does Jobello? Does Kastaneer? At least Akinfenwa actually contributed to Wycombes promotion.

But harsh on Jobello he got injured and missed a lot of the season and is still coming back, Bakayoko and Kastaneer don’t but one had time left on his contract and one was desperation but has proved to be fairly pointless.

Kastaneer contributed his goal against Bristol Rovers and his sending off at Portsmouth might have galvanised the team (a big might)

Terry Gibson's perm

Who has been tuning into watch Wycombe because of him? I may be missing something but he's barely been covered even on the quest show when I've watched. You can't decide he's not been a good pro. His career defines that.

I don’t watch quest so couldn’t comment he gets plenty of comments on sky and talksport and they will be calling for a National day of mourning when he finally ends his career.

Ccfcisparks

But harsh on Jobello he got injured and missed a lot of the season and is still coming back, Bakayoko and Kastaneer don’t but one had time left on his contract and one was desperation but has proved to be fairly pointless.

Kastaneer contributed his goal against Bristol Rovers and his sending off at Portsmouth might have galvanised the team (a big might)
And Akinfenwa scored 10 goals for Wycombe. Its clear to see who contributed more.

Terry Gibson's perm

And Akinfenwa scored 10 goals for Wycombe. Its clear to see who contributed more.

Shall we move onto this season then 23 games 0 goals we have centre halves who have got more goals than him.

I don’t like him as he constantly fouls but acts like he is being fouled and gets a lot of protection from the star struck refs, watch him against us he will back in and then not jump so it looks the defender has fouled him, we play him very well as we drop the defensive midfielder into his area and take the ball off him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is it possible nowadays for people not to give a fuck about things, it seems like younger end have got to have an opinion on every fucking thing. Even things that happened whilst they were in their dads balls still.

Any different to people in their 50/60's banging on about the war and Blitz spirit?

Terry Gibson's perm

But if it was a thread on opposition players that I enjoyed watching it would be the other Reading winger Ejaria he was really good wish we had someone like him

Although he didn’t have his best day on Saturday I think Rico Henry is an excellent footballer and I always enjoy watching him.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is top drawer, remember Walsall coming to the Ricoh with Henry, Sawyers and Bradshaw in their team. All looked good but Henry and Sawyers were a cut above.

Sawyers is a good player big and strong and good on the ball if remember correctly not sure if he plays for West Brom much?

another good one from the past was Bradley Dack absolutely splendid player

Users who are viewing this thread