League two transfers/news 2017/18 (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

Trouble "JamesCCFC, post: 1459371, member: 7302"]Of course, McNulty scoring 8 in 10 wouldn't have gone unnoticed. I can guarantee clubs would have made enquires already. Good point, IF Marriott goes which is 50/50, it's possible Hylton would be their first choice.

Hence why I speculated that their more than capable of holding onto Doige, especially as he signed a new 2 year contract in the summer. I think it would take a solid bid to part with him. But like you said clubs do get desperate in this window - anything is possible!
Trouble with it all is the players get their heads turned and if they don't get sold they play like shut for the rest of the season. So do you think Hylton might get effected by it all because all luton have got is the ability to score goals as their defending is poor from what I saw when I seen the CCFC take Em to the cleaners[/QUOTE]

Difficult to say, it's flattering for any player to receive credit for their performances. So it would be interesting to see how Hylton does perform if he's denied a move to a higher league, but it's all relative to himself as a person! If he does go it will be a massive blow for the team, but Luton have plenty of strength in depth so even if Hylton is snapped up I can't see them falling away in the second half of the season.

Otis

Bradford are in for Nottingham Forest's Jorge Grant on loan. Would be a massive loss for Notts County if they lost him.
Caused a bit of a row I believe between the two Nottingham clubs. Season long loan, but with a recall clause.

SkyBlueCRJ

Caused a bit of a row I believe between the two Nottingham clubs. Season long loan, but with a recall clause.

Understandable that they're getting in a huff, he's their best player by a country mile. But season long loans more often than not have a recall option installed don't they, so surely they must realise this could have always been a potential outcome?

steve82

Barnet have today appointed Graham Westley as there manager

Swindon have signed Northampton striker Marc Richards on a free, 18 month contract.

Apparently 2 promotion candidates were in for him.

Londonccfcfan

Barnet have today appointed Graham Westley as there manager

Swindon have signed Northampton striker Marc Richards on a free, 18 month contract.

Apparently 2 promotion candidates were in for him.

Great minds think alike I just put this up on another thread at exactly the same time.

D

Deleted member 4232

If it was, shame we couldn't compete against Swindon, but at least it means we are serious about getting someone who can score goals

Exactly. If he was indeed a target, then the position is a priority and there will no doubt be a list of candidates.

steve82

If it was, shame we couldn't compete against Swindon, but at least it means we are serious about getting someone who can score goals

Not so sure we couldn't compete, could a been a differing of length of contract as opposed to wages.

Be one for the interview Friday Morning to see what Robins says.

gspotgaz

I’d imagine the length of deal. Can’t see Swindon offering much more in wages.

It’s a tough weigh up with his age , you do wonder whether decisions like this are why we can never ever stay up the top end of leagues season after season. On the other hand he might break his leg next week for Swindon and they’re lumbered with a 35 year old on a big contract, it’s s big risk for them

larry_david

Disappointing one one hand because he is probably exactly the type of player we need. Having said that he was struggling towards the end of their title winning season hence why they brought in John marquis and... Yes James Collins. Alex revell might be the one to go for now

steve82

Notts county star loan man Jorge Grant will be remaining on loan till the end of the season despite interest from Bradford city.

eastwoodsdustman

Was talking to a cobblers fan yesterday about Richards. They think he’s on the wain. Probably right not to match an 18mth contract if there are other options.

SkyBlueCRJ

Was talking to a cobblers fan yesterday about Richards. They think he’s on the wain. Probably right not to match an 18mth contract if there are other options.

They probably said something similar about Rod McDonald yet here we are. You're right though gifting an 18 month contract to a 35 year old is a risky step whoever the player is. Manchester United didn't even offer that to Ibrahimovic when he signed at the beginning of last season and he was a year younger than Marc Richards!

steve82

Crewe Alexandra have lost winger George Cooper who has joined Peterborough for a undisclosed fee

Last edited:

steve82

Danny Rose signed a new deal at Mansfield.

I wonder what bonus he's got on that contract and incentives to sign... certainly looks happy with the deal he's bagged!

34a182ac326d59fe379017fe0ac48fe9.jpg

Hobo

Eve
That'll be the day. Joy at a player contract signing...

If it was at the High Court...she'll be there!

Even when at court she doesn't seal the deal. Her big last minute dossier of evidence was kicked out as being irrelevant.

steve82

Shaun Miller has joined Crewe on loan from Carlise who are strongly linked with Cole Stockton of Hearts.

steve82

Yeovil have signed Alex Fisher from Motherwell

Carlisle have been busy today and signed Kris Twardek on loan from Millwall and also completed the shrewd signing of Cole Stockton on a 18 month deal who was released by Hearts earlier today.

A good signing for them.

Users who are viewing this thread