League one - who would you like to come up? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

If they come down and have to sell him for any money. Wonder if we still get a cut.

I would think they would have to give him away or a loan and hope to get back up obviously they haven’t been relegated yet

lifeskyblue

In an ideal world wouldn’t like to see any of the supposedly ‘big’ clubs come up purely on basis that their budgets would give them a chance of survival.
As for those coming down with parachute payments it is going to be West Brom and sheff Utd and one of 3...ideally Newcastle...just to see if they implode.

As for those currently in relegation battle in championship...do we think derby might get a points deduction next season (if so hope they stay up...if not hope they lose every game tween now and next season). But o think it will be brum joining sheff Wednesday and Wycombe. I fear for the future of brum if that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

Ref in the Pompey game is absolute wank, looks scared of giving cards to Sunderland or fouls against them.

One for grendell, Jacket could be on his way, do you still want the prat here?

Sky Blue Harry H

Ref in the Pompey game is absolute wank, looks scared of giving cards to Sunderland or fouls against them.

To be fair Sunderland were easily the better team, although that wasn't difficult - Pompey with the worst team I have ever seen them have.

Sky Blue Harry H

That division is shocking this season. I actually think Sunderland are probably the best team at the moment along with Posh. Think Posh are at home to them in the near future and if Sunderland avoid defeat in that I think they will get one of the autos. They have lost 5 games so far and the next best have lost 9 or 10, I think. If Sunderland come up, they are likely to have funds to spend, but the other two coming up are likely to be near certainties to go back down.

higgs

That division is shocking this season. I actually think Sunderland are probably the best team at the moment along with Posh. Think Posh are at home to them in the near future and if Sunderland avoid defeat in that I think they will get one of the autos. They have lost 5 games so far and the next best have lost 9 or 10, I think. If Sunderland come up, they are likely to have funds to spend, but the other two coming up are likely to be near certainties to go back down.
He's a good manager Johnson

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Barnsley

Lincoln City, Donkey Rovers, Peterborough United. All realistic chances of being promoted.

And all 3 will Stink the place up.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sunderland have 2 players who I think could do ok in The Championship. McGeady (if he can be arsed, has ability) and Wyke can head a ball if you get crosses in to him. They also have Jones (on loan from Rangers) who is tricky and has a great cross on him, and Sanderson (Centre back on loan from Wolves) who looks decent. They will need to spend lots, as the rest (O'Niens ok, but that's about it) will need upgrading. FFP rules re: spend will be interesting re: Billionaires son Kyrill.

CanadianCCFC

Even if we stay up and get an increased budget and are aiming at mid table it doesn’t hurt to have a few teams that you can just gain a load of points against. 3 weak teams and 18 points in the bank puts you towards mid-table already.
They won’t just play us though

SkyblueTexan

Assuming we survive this season, I'd be disappointed if we weren't aiming for mid table and above next season.
Agree. Would be wonderful to replicate what Barnsley has done this season.

Grendel

Hes arrived Robbie it was on the last match thread - didn’t you see it?

Cov kid 55

Bloody hell, this thread smacks of overconfidence? I wouldn’t wish to name 3 teams to come up, I would then be thinking that they’re bound to be swapping places with us! If the thread’s still going when we’re safe, I’ll give it some thought.....

The Reverend Skyblue

I’m watching the pizza cup final, and Portsmouth are being totally outplayed by a very average Salford, so I definitely want Pompey to come up.
They are absolutely dreadful

Grendel

With a 45% win record I doubt he will be out of work for long

Evo1883

He's done poorly with a decent budget at pompey this season... They look like they are gradually going backwards... He's took them as far as he can tbh and their form is woeful at this stage of the season it's not what you want.

He's been at some big clubs, and he's won only 1 more FL trophy than Robins who has always worked under more precarious situations

Robins is a better manager and has his teams playing better football

I wonder Wether they could tempt Wilder, doubtful but a club and challenge I'm sure he'd love to take on..

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Not fussed who comes up or who drops down, just as long as we still play in the Championship!

Magwitch1

I think Hull will win that league then it’s a toss up for runners up Peterborough are annual bottlers so I reckon Lincoln or Sunderland as for the other spot Ipswich have come back in the mix now Paul Cook is their new boss I rate him might be a bit too far off for automatics but play-offs yes, and I wouldn’t want to play them.

ccfcchris

Apart from Hull and Sunderland no team around the top look particulary good at the moment. Sunderland does have a habit of screwing things up so it'll be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread