League one - who would you like to come up? (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

It’s looking tight at the top of league 1. Given that we survive this year, which 3 teams would you like to come up and why?

Magwitch1

I reckon Hull & Wunderland top two then the lottery of the play offs would be rooting for Peterborough

ccfc92

Pompey and Charlton from a "local game" POV.

Anyone else other than Sunderland, as I'm interested to see what happens with their parachute payments stopping.

Terry Gibson's perm

Whoever comes down from the prem will be towards the top end of the league

I would like to see

Newcastle come on down

Think it might be

Sheffield United
West Brom
Plus one other from Fulham Newcastle and Brighton

I couldn’t say on coming up as I have tried to leave that league behind.

mark82

Hull, Lincoln & Doncaster. All relatively local for me. All likely to struggle at this level.

shepardo01

Sunderland are in form, moving up the table and are 5 points off top.
New billionaire (or very loaded at least!) owner.
Would be likely to have a very decent budget if promoted - although we know that with their prior efforts in league one, it doesn't necessarily mean that they would do ok!
Big club, would be good for the league - but selfishly, would rather have the smaller clubs coming up that would very likely have small budgets and struggle!

Sky Blue Harry H

I want 3 clubs who will struggle to compete,
Therefore, Posh, Doncaster and Accrington.

I think it will be Posh, Lincoln and either Hull or Sunderland via the play offs. Do think Accrington are doing amazingly well for the size of their club

chiefdave

Ideally teams that will be in a similar budget situation to us. Could do without teams coming up that will start splashing the cash as we could well be competing with them to stay up.

Sky Blue Harry H

On a side note what the hell has happened to Pompey the last couple of games. Awful! They play Sunderland at Fratton Park in midweek.

Liquid Gold

Even if we stay up and get an increased budget and are aiming at mid table it doesn’t hurt to have a few teams that you can just gain a load of points against. 3 weak teams and 18 points in the bank puts you towards mid-table already.

pusbccfc

Sunderland at the Ricoh would be good. All the games we've played against them in recent years have been good fun.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sunderland at the Ricoh would be good. All the games we've played against them in recent years have been good fun.

It feels like attending a big family gathering, hoping that it won't kick off between the usual suspects, but knowing deep down it probably will.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wyke is just having a good season. He was detested as much as Grigg at the start and on top of that he’s not better than Godden and Walker

They've started crossing it into the 6 yard box and he keeps heading it in. general play is acknowledged to be crap, but that's not what he's there for. You're correct though, he was deemed garbage only a couple of months back.

Terry Gibson's perm

We might get to watch Callum Wilson next year as Newcastle might struggle to get him out big wages and is familiar with the physio.

Users who are viewing this thread