Latest: Fisher says 'no chance' of CCFC playing at Ricoh (1 Viewer)

James Smith

First this is a stance Tim Fisher has to take, although this Golden Share is an issue according to an expert on CWR yesterday the more important thing to get and pass the FL "fit and proper" test is a guarentee as to where you intend to play for atleast the next 10 years and that has to be backed up with a million pound upfront bond and it has to be within Coventry, whether somewhere such as Bedworth would count i don't know. He is bound by strict rules and though he maybe for whatever reason SISU's prefered appointment he still has to ensure if the business is to be viable going forward a number of issues has to be met. I'm not flapping yet i think there's plenty more to occur yet.

Secondly there are 2 sites i can think of where a ground could be built both i wouldn't mind betting have atleast outline planning permission for business use. They are the old British Celenese plant behind the Parkstone club, not far from the Ricoh and plenty big enough and also there is the old Courtaulds site further down the Foleshill Road opposite Tower Court, so lets not get too blase about there is nowhere within Cov.

The crucial issue is which company is the football club, Ltd or Holdings, listening to Paul Appleton yesterday i got the feeling the decision he would like to take, Holdings, isn;t as straight forward as he hoped. Brenden Guilfoyle when interviewed on CWR seemed to suggest that Appleton although an experianced administrator this is his first football appointment and there are huge differences in that and normal cases

And I'll believe they're going to build a new ground when I see it happening not before. I don't think that they're willing to 'invest' another £30m in a new ground after Tim said

the aim of actually getting to a point where the club is less reliant on funding from the owner has to be good for everyone

So I'd love to know how that extra £30m for this stadium isn't going to leave us reliant on funding from the owner

TheSnoz

Rupert, Samcov, as has been said elsewhere, really unlikely that the council would give permission for any building within their boundaries. The Butts revamped as a 20,000 ground is viable and much better situated, BUT it won't be allowed. The Council simply won't allow SISU to get away with it. I don't like the Ricoh much, wrong place etc, but this Fisher statement is utter madness and probably a bluff strategy. They won't get the speedway site either, even though it is technically outside city boundaries. I live in the area and I know the local opposition would sink any plans to develop there.
What I'd like to know is why is Fisher making such statements? SISU are in Admin? We got docked 10 points, it is official. Surely the Administrator is the guy calling all the shots, Fisher has no authority.
Please hurry up Preston and get us out of this nightmare.

James Smith

You mean money that will have to go straight back into the club in the form of wages and the running costs of the club?

How can money invested in SISU have to go straight back into the club, has it been there before, have funds been taken out of the club (not counting transfers between companies)?

rupert_bear

I don't think for a minute another ground will be built anywhere in Coventry, imo this is expected sabre rattling by Tim Fisher, if as he says they have secured a ground share somewhere it should be easy to find out where i would think, phone calls to various grounds within the 30 mile limit or the various local councils i would think confirm if any application has been made. If it is Walsall then the FL will know as they are compiling next seasons fixtures as we speak, same for the Northampton area who may well be in our division too next season. Perhaps our local media radio or Telegraph could try and find out.

Last edited:

Tad

Why bother going to a game when we can get this sort of entertainment for free...

Does he realize how much security he will need at these forums, the dog will not be enough! Mind you the cost of any security will only be added to SISU's fabricated "investment"

inside track

Why don't people get that Sisu are serious about this? The only way this can change is if the Council - & let's not be silly, it is the Council we're talking about, not ACL - are prepared to a deal and stick to it, and a deal that suits Sisu. People may hate the idea of that, but - like it or not, and you probably don't - Sisu own the football cub and will continue to unless someone pays them £70-million plus to buy it and no one is likely to do that.

Again, you no doubt hate the fact, but Sisu are calling the shots and there is nothing that Joe Elliott, Preston Haskell, the Sky Blues Trust or Coventry City Council can do about that, apart from buy them out.

torchomatic

Houdi

I don't think for a minute another ground will be built anywhere in Coventry, imo this is expected sabre rattling by Tim Fisher, if as he says they have secured a ground share somewhere it should be easy to find out where i would think, phone calls to various grounds within the 30 mile limit or the various local councils i would think confirm if any application has been made. If it is Walsall then the FL will know as they are compiling next seasons fixtures as we speak, same for the Northampton area who may well be in our division too next season. Perhaps our local media radio or Telegraph could try and find out.
Yes this latest development reminds me of Kim Jong's rant a few weeks back.How North Korea was going to launch a devestating nuclear attack against South Korea,the USA and Japan,did most people in the region panic,no of course not they just laughed it off,as too ridiculous for words.Nothing has really changed.We are apparently moving to a stadium which is undisclosed,building a new ground which is undisclosed,and finally arranging meetings with supporters at a time which is undisclosed,at a place/places which, you guessed it, are undisclosed.
Do people really think SISU are going to fund the club for at least 3 more years at a stadium 20-30 miles away,with gates probably of 2-3,000.While at the same time spending a further 30-40 million on a brand new stadium.Well if they did all that the fans could hardly say they weren't investing serious money into the football club,however it would hardly fit into the normal operations of a hedge fund.
It seems a last gamble to try and force ACL to come back to the negotiating table.Just look how long a massive club like Liverpool and indeed Everton,have tried to build a new stadium,it is not that simple,especially Coventry Council are likely to be too keen on the idea.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Why don't people get that Sisu are serious about this? The only way this can change is if the Council - & let's not be silly, it is the Council we're talking about, not ACL - are prepared to a deal and stick to it, and a deal that suits Sisu. People may hate the idea of that, but - like it or not, and you probably don't - Sisu own the football cub and will continue to unless someone pays them £70-million plus to buy it and no one is likely to do that.

Again, you no doubt hate the fact, but Sisu are calling the shots and there is nothing that Joe Elliott, Preston Haskell, the Sky Blues Trust or Coventry City Council can do about that, apart from buy them out.

Because sisu are not in a strong position to propose such a move. If they groundshare away from the city then they will be bust within two years.

Has anyone thought they could by the Butts? Stadium already there with planning permission for expansion that never materialised. In the city centre - with a couple of new stands cheap to build and would be finished in three years with no problem.

Quite fancy the idea although I'd be happier to stay at the ricoh and see sisu go. Might also help the rugby club get back to where they belong at the top of english rugby.

Thats true, I was approached to help CRFC expand commercially and develop the ground years ago but then their financial problems at that time came to light so it never went ahead. Would be quite a small ground in comparison and traffic access would be a major issue for big matches, yes even worse than the Ricoh, but close to the City Centre! In the 3 years whilst SISU FC is out of Coventry they will have lost all the fans by then who would be following an AFC alternative.

shy_tall_knight

Inside track - Sisu aren't calling the shots they may have outmanoeuvred ACL PH4 with this administration but they will never get the Ricoh, they have a club losing money with no assets. ACL & the Council will take this personally and will fight them whilst our club drifts.

inside track

Because sisu are not in a strong position to propose such a move. If they groundshare away from the city then they will be bust within two years.

That is simply not borne out by the facts. Sisu, or rather Sisu's investors, keep putting up the money to keep it going and will continue to. Don't ask my why or what their long-term strategy is, but it is clearly to sell it on at some point. It's what they do. Admittedly, they would usually do so within 5 years at the most, but they have got a plan of some sort to do this over a much longer period. Hate them if you want to, and I understand why you would, but the reality is they are here to stay. The only people that can change any of this is Coventry City Council.

Ripbuster

More mind games and posturing from Tim/Sisu IMO

Aimed at upsetting all interested parties......"Bid what you want,we've got the GS"

Will never pay to watch a Sisu team again.

inside track

Inside track - Sisu aren't calling the shots they may have outmanoeuvred ACL PH4 with this administration but they will never get the Ricoh, they have a club losing money with no assets. ACL & the Council will take this personally and will fight them whilst our club drifts.

They will have assets when they own land and build a stadium. And as far as the admin is concerned, remember it was ACL - specifically the man running the Higgs Charity - who forced that. Sisu would not have put CCFC Ltd into admin if that hadn't happened.

And why should Sisu care about the Ricoh? Yes, it makes sense to everyone that the club should play there. That's what we all want, but the Ricoh can't survive without the football club and anyone who thinks differently is just fooling themselves. It is also run very badly by a company that is close to going bust. The Ricoh is about to become a huge white elephant unless the Council do a deal that suits Sisu. Awful to accept for many, but that is the reality of this situation.

Chipfat

A deal that suits SISU,, FFS what about a deal that is right for the club because the rent is not the full reason we are in our current state, SISU have mismanaged and put this club in decline for the last 5 years... So inside track!! go ask your bf if they deserve anything from anyone, they have lost trust in all corners and now are backing into the one they stand in...As for you info,,, my arse you BF knows no more than anyone on here that is factual about the outcome, just one side of a situation that has many parties...Change your name to i have an opinion like every fooker else......

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
They will have assets when they own land and build a stadium. And as far as the admin is concerned, remember it was ACL - specifically the man running the Higgs Charity - who forced that. Sisu would not have put CCFC Ltd into admin if that hadn't happened.

And why should Sisu care about the Ricoh? Yes, it makes sense to everyone that the club should play there. That's what we all want, but the Ricoh can't survive without the football club and anyone who thinks differently is just fooling themselves. It is also run very badly by a company that is close to going bust. The Ricoh is about to become a huge white elephant unless the Council do a deal that suits Sisu. Awful to accept for many, but that is the reality of this situation.

in your opinion............

inside track

A deal that suits SISU,, FFS what about a deal that is right for the club because the rent is not the full reason we are in our current state, SISU have mismanaged and put this club in decline for the last 5 years... So inside track!! go ask your bf if they deserve anything from anyone, they have lost trust in all corners and now are backing into the one they stand in...As for you info,,, my arse you BF knows no more than anyone on here that is factual about the outcome, just one side of a situation that has many parties...Change your name to i have an opinion like every fooker else......

I totally understand and agree with a lot of what you say. And none of this may be "right" but it is as it is. You don't like it, I don't like it, but Sisu are running this show and the only people who can d anything about it, if it is going to change, is the Council.

inside track

in your opinion............

Based on fact. But my boyfriend is getting very cross with me now for being on here again. Thing is, I have supported the City longer than he's been following them. My Dad was a big fan. And it matters to me, but what upsets me is people not getting the reality of what's going on. None of us may like it, but that's the way it is.

Houdi

But equally a SISU run football can't last long without its customer base.No business will continue to throw good money after bad,not indefinitely anyway.You only have to remember when Ratner's boss came out with the statement that it's products were crap,how quickly the company crashed.Whether it is fair or not the SISU 'brand' is now seen by the majority of its 'customers' as toxic,and it is hard to see how SISU can ever change that perception.

valiant15

Bore off fisher you fat twat. Funny isnt it, when threads like thia pop up theres hardly ever any cheerleaders posting, apart from the odd dickhead.

James Smith

Yes this latest development reminds me of Kim Jong's rant a few weeks back.How North Korea was going to launch a devestating nuclear attack against South Korea,the USA and Japan,did most people in the region panic,no of course not they just laughed it off,as too ridiculous for words.Nothing has really changed.We are apparently moving to a stadium which is undisclosed,building a new ground which is undisclosed,and finally arranging meetings with supporters at a time which is undisclosed,at a place/places which, you guest it, are undisclosed.
Do people really think SISU are going to fund the club for at least 3 more years at a stadium 20-30 miles away,with gates probably of 2-3,000.While at the same time spending a further 30-40 million on a brand new stadium.Well if they did all that the fans could hardly say they weren't investing serious money into the football club,however it would hardly fit into the normal operations of a hedge fund.
It seems a last gamble to try and force ACL to come back to the negotiating table.Just look how long a massive club like Liverpool and indeed Everton,have tried to build a new stadium,it is not that simple,especially Coventry Council are likely to be too keen on the idea.
If this was their last gamble then Tim might want to double check as I think those Aces might actually be Jokers. When you're gambling you have to know when to stop, you just can't go on putting money on the table hoping that the other guy/gal will be fooled by your bluff. If they call it and you've only got nothing you can watch the money disappear and curse your luck. If he hasn't actually got a groundshare then if ACL decide to say bugger off he's screwed us. If he does have one sorted it's probably a safe bet that quite a few fans won't go and he's buggered up the FFP and he's screwed us. When will SISU Realise that they are unlikely to get anything like the sums we are supposed to believe they have 'invested' and bugger off?

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Based on fact. But my boyfriend is getting very cross with me now for being on here again. Thing is, I have supported the City longer than he's been following them. My Dad was a big fan. And it matters to me, but what upsets me is people not getting the reality of what's going on. None of us may like it, but that's the way it is.

then express some facts ............. so far what you have expressed is opinion stated as fact. Glad you have a healthy family life so do I but the relevance of that to this is? Believe me I know what is going on, no I do not like and am very far from foolish. What I do not know is what will happen at the Ricoh or the Club in the future

Chipfat

Inside you are givin your opinion and have full rights to do so but your name indicates you know more,, be honest your bf is giving you 2nd hand info from someone who is telling him what he wants him to write..You then come on here and write a 3rd hand conversation as well as give in depth knowledge of law and football business.

We should all wait until the GS has been confirmed until making out we have the outcome, because the only fact in this is not even SISU,COUNCIL ACL or any of the players know how this is turning out.....

Suetonius

I see TF is saying they will be building a new ground for the club in Coventry inside three years. That would require SIsu to do the following:

1) Identify and acquire a location within Coventry.
2) Obtain planning permission from Coventry City Council
3) Spend lots of money building the stadium

Perhaps TF could explain how much he thinks that would be likely to cost and where the money would come from.

bigfatronssba

Inside track, perhaps you can clear a few things up please.

Sisu are strongly opposed to councils financially helping private businesses, so would they accept a generous offer from the council?

If sisu have the money to fund the sort of losses that we will have over the next few years, why do they feel the need to move away from the Ricoh?

Also how are they going to put out a team that meets with ffp rules?

Samo

What utter rubbish! SISU are only looking for an exit with as much cash in the back pocket as possible. They own a completely fucked business which has no way forward except massive investment with no guarentees. You think they can afford to wait for ACL to go bump? I don't think so.

bigfatronssba

I see TF is saying they will be building a new ground for the club in Coventry inside three years. That would require SIsu to do the following:

1) Identify and acquire a location within Coventry.
2) Obtain planning permission from Coventry City Council
3) Spend lots of money building the stadium

Perhaps TF could explain how much he thinks that would be likely to cost and where the money would come from.

The evidence that that are capable of doing this also has to be presented to the football league within a few weeks. That would mean planning permission would have to be sort now. That would certainly have made headline news by now as it would be public knowledge.

stringyb92

Why do people think Sisu will just walk away? They have invested money, they are not just going to leave without a fight! Cmon guys!

Delboycov

When you joined this board you said you'd had a phone call from a "Journalist friend" who revealed 'facts' which painted ACL/CCC in a poor light. Now it's your "journalist boyfriend" who is feeding you these 'facts'. If you're going to come on a messageboard proclaiming you have an 'inside track' and proceed to then try and portray SISU as the injured party here, then at least get your story straight! Why doesn't your boyfriend/friend just get this story published instead of getting you to leak it on a fans forum? I smell something here...and it's either a rat or it's BS.

oakey

The evidence that that are capable of doing this also has to be presented to the football league within a few weeks. That would mean planning permission would have to be sort now. That would certainly have made headline news by now as it would be public knowledge.
Since SISU have to put their plans before the FLeague soon we all need to write or email the FLeague to make them aware that the plan should be rejected and the golden share confiscated.
Plus, we will not attend home matches outside Coventry except to form picket lines/protests. The FL might be influenced by the prospect of a public order issue where a few thousand protesters are outside a ground during a match. Think of the police bill SISU would have to fund.
I have done so already.

Samo

Why do people think Sisu will just walk away? They have invested money, they are not just going to leave without a fight! Cmon guys!

Because it's either walk away now or invest a lot more and then walk away. The fight is over how much they walk away with. If PH4 offered them 20m you wouldn't see thier arses for dust!

Users who are viewing this thread