Last 17 games (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’ve been saying for weeks that Robins is fuckng clueless, but I keep getting dogs abuse for it, How long before people start to wake the fuck up and see the fucking obvious?

Getting promoted by the skin of your teeth from the worse league in pro football is NOT an achievement for a club from a city of our size. In short, we’re going nowhere with this muppet in charge, the sooner he fucks off the better!

Before you criticise, remember this, It’s only a matter of time before YOU come to the same, inevitable conclusion.

Honestly, shut the fuck up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

I’ve been saying for weeks that Robins is fuckng clueless, but I keep getting dogs abuse for it, How long before people start to wake the fuck up and see the fucking obvious?

Getting promoted by the skin of your teeth from the worse league in pro football is NOT an achievement for a club from a city of our size. In short, we’re going nowhere with this muppet in charge, the sooner he fucks off the better!

Before you criticise, remember this, It’s only a matter of time before YOU come to the same, inevitable conclusion.

Calm your tits Mystic Meg

Gint11

These stats reveal plenty. I don’t agree with Robins line ups, 1 up top and his no subs or late subs but I think he deserves more time after what he has achieved with us.
I’m not happy with things either at the minute but we could have won the last 3 too. We didn’t but as always with football, it’s fine margins.

Grendel

Our fixtures coming up are not great either - April and the last game in May look very difficult as well

Captain Dart

Reality check needed! We're competing with Fleetwood fucking town, and Burton fucking Albion. ffs wake up
A) it isn't good enough
B) it isn't a crisis just disappointing
C) the momentum of last season is gone now the priority is to find form to hold or improve league position

sylus

For me safety is our first priority, and assuming 50pts is required to stay up then i am more than confident of us reaching that target,we have 15 games left,7 of which are at home and 8 away,home games are. Walsall,Burton Albion,Fleetwood Town,Oxford United,Bristol Rovers,Bradford City,and Shrewsbury Town.easily should pick up enough points just at home to stay up so i am not overly concerned at the present,but Robin's does need to change this one up top formation,whatever he is trying to achieve is clearly not working, i also don't believe it is a striker problem,yes! we are struggling to score i agree but that is down to slow build up play, isolated forward, and one up top,a 4-4-2 would give us balance and more of a goal threat,be more direct and quicken up the pace and we will be ok, the goals will come. my opinion of course.

you almost know how we are going to play and what the game is going to be like before we have even kicked a ball.

Otis

I saw somebody who's kids were mascots mention bakayoko was late
That is concerning if true and I don't think you can just change the team sheet once it is submitted unless you have acceptance from the opposition can you? Usually only happens if someone pulls up injured in the warm-up etc.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The table shown is set on our last 15 games played and Otis I fancied our chances in the last 2 games 2 sides that are not setting the world alight both at home and we managed 1 point get a return like that from the next 2 and most of us won't be looking upwards

Adge

That is concerning if true and I don't think you can just change the team sheet once it is submitted unless you have acceptance from the opposition can you? Usually only happens if someone pulls up injured in the warm-up etc.
Yes you can.

SkyBlueDom26

Painful to think where we would be in the table now if robins actually brought strikers who knew how to finish, easily out of the last 17 games we could of got points out of most.
Not good enough.

Otis

Yes you can.
Until what stage?

Surely you can't just hand in a team sheet, or inform of a team sheet change at 3 mins to 3 o'clock can you?

I thought team sheets had to be handed in by a certain time.

ccfcricoh

Last time we were in this league we finished on a mighty 39 points.

With 15 games to go (almost a third of a season) we already have more points.

Some people have a very short memory, this is not as much of a catastrophe as a lot are making out!

Nick

Administrator
Last time we were in this league we finished on a mighty 39 points.

With 15 games to go (almost a third of a season) we already have more points.

Some people have a very short memory, this is not as much of a catastrophe as a lot are making out!

It could well be if our form doesn't improve.

I pointed this out after the Walsall / Cheltenham games that it was the start of something because we hadn't gone out to try and win the games and got slated because we had just won a few on the bounce.

ccfcricoh

It could well be if our form doesn't improve.

I pointed this out after the Walsall / Cheltenham games that it was the start of something because we hadn't gone out to try and win the games and got slated because we had just won a few on the bounce.

I agree this season "could" still be a catastrophe... but i think we are quite a way off that, last time i checked we're still in the top half of the table even with our bad run!

I'm just suggesting that some on here appear to think if we miss the playoffs/don't get promoted/don't finish top half Robins must go!

Our form suggests we'll finish on 59 points on a points per game basis which is bang mid-table. No catastrophe at all...

Nick

Administrator
I agree this season "could" still be a catastrophe... but i think we are quite a way off that, last time i checked we're still in the top half of the table even with our bad run!

I'm just suggesting that some on here appear to think if we miss the playoffs/don't get promoted/don't finish top half Robins must go!

Our form suggests we'll finish on 59 points on a points per game basis which is bang mid-table. No catastrophe at all...

For me it's not about promotion it's about signs of progression.

Yeah he might have signed some players with a view for next season but the stubbornness really is still there.

ccfcricoh

I see what you mean re: stubbornness. It is frustrating to see he appears to have "favourites" or tactics/substitutes he wants to make and won't adapt them based on the game, that is frustrating...

I do think the squad and performances have progressed though over the last 2 seasons.

We've got to remember that we only just got promoted, we hardly tore the league 2 apart

Nick

Administrator
I see what you mean re: stubbornness. It is frustrating to see he appears to have "favourites" or tactics/substitutes he wants to make and won't adapt them based on the game, that is frustrating...

I do think the squad and performances have progressed though over the last 2 seasons.

We've got to remember that we only just got promoted, we hardly tore the league 2 apart

No but I doubt many would have expected the opposition to be so awful in League 1.

There is a difference in being outclassed and just not being able to do the basics (or even see a progression in the basics). It's all well and good going on about the nice passing football but Blackpool opened us up with a simple route 1 along with how many others? Gillingham, Walsall etc.

We need to get the basics of football right (shoot on target, clear a long ball) before we start trying to be like Brazil.

Warwickhunt

No but I doubt many would have expected the opposition to be so awful in League 1.

There is a difference in being outclassed and just not being able to do the basics (or even see a progression in the basics). It's all well and good going on about the nice passing football but Blackpool opened us up with a simple route 1 along with how many others? Gillingham, Walsall etc.

We need to get the basics of football right (shoot on target, clear a long ball) before we start trying to be like Brazil.
You are right Nick! we are trying to be like Brazil or Man City etc trying to do intricate passing inside the oppositions area the only problem is the opposition have 10 players inside the area as soon as we go past the half way line! we need to bang the ball over their heads into the Channels and get Hiwula and Thomas or the new guy from Chelsea to run them and square the ball into the edge of the box for Eonbakhari & Bayliss to run onto and shooting

clint van damme

You know what I want? I want a passionate, loud, and angry manager who won’t let our forwards leave training until they’ve scored X amount of goals in a row and who won’t let players get away with consistent screw ups and go on about confidence all season

You've just described the profile of those pair of roasters Evans and Nolan.

luwalla

I heard that Bakayoko arrived late for the team talk yesterday,so late in fact, that Robin's had more or less finished,heard Robin's was furious with him,and fined him,might explain his blatant misses,i think his attitude might be in question if true.
If that’s correct he would t have got near the pitch Saturday surely ?

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s worth noting that Portsmouth lost twenty (yes, 20) games last season.

We’re a newly-promoted team and we’re not at risk of getting relegated. So there is no real justification for sacking Robins.

If we were to start off badly next season, there could be a decent case to sack the manager. Right now, however, it smacks of short-termism and lacking a long-term view, in my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
It’s worth noting that Portsmouth lost twenty (yes, 20) games last season.

We’re a newly-promoted team and we’re not at risk of getting relegated. So there is no real justification for sacking Robins.

If we were to start off badly next season, there could be a decent case to sack the manager. Right now, however, it smacks of short-termism and lacking a long-term view, in my opinion.

We aren't statistically safe from Relegation yet are we?

Mucca Mad Boys

We aren't statistically safe from Relegation yet are we?

It’s February, so mathematically, automatic promotions is still a possibility, despite being virtually impossible.

I’m just as frustrated as the next person about our recent run, but if we step back, we’ve had the chances to win games we’ve lost/drawn. To me, that’s a positive in the sense we’ve got something to build on going into next season as we’re not too far away from being a playoff contender. Therefore, sticking with Robins for a season or two makes sense. Let him build this young squad and see where he can take us. If it becomes clear we’re regressing badly next season (after decent investment) and we’re in the bottom 8 or so, then we can comfortably say it was the right decision to sack him. Right now, what’s the point? We’re mid table as a promoted team and frankly, we’re roughly where most fans thought we’d be at this point of the season. We’re 3 points off of 8th!

It’s a strange one that a lot of people on here venerate John Coleman from Accrington Stanley, yet they’re lying below us in 15th. They were head and shoulders better than us last season too.

Robins needs time to develop his young squad and another summer to build on that young foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread