Kyle Rittenhouse (2 Viewers)

oakey

Didn't take long. How old does he have to be to run for elected office?
Future Republican 'lawmaker'.
The horror, the horror

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-155738_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-155738_Twitter.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 36

PVA

Wasn't there something about the judge's phone going off during the trial and his ringtone was some Trump rally music or something?

I don't know enough about US laws to say whether he was guilty or innocent, but I am pretty confident in saying there was only ever going to be one outcome regardless.

shmmeee

Wasn't there something about the judge's phone going off during the trial and his ringtone was some Trump rally music or something?

I don't know enough about US laws to say whether he was guilty or innocent, but I am pretty confident in saying there was only ever going to be one outcome regardless.

He’s had that ringtone for years apparently. And Rittenhouse was innocent according to US law. You can argue the gun laws are ridiculous or the self defence laws are ridiculous, but that doesn’t mean you can lock someone up if they haven’t broken any laws.

PVA

He’s had that ringtone for years apparently. And Rittenhouse was innocent according to US law. You can argue the gun laws are ridiculous or the self defence laws are ridiculous, but that doesn’t mean you can lock someone up if they haven’t broken any laws.

Of course. I'm not saying he, or anyone, should be locked up if they haven't broken the law.

I'm just saying that with what (admittedly little) I've seen of the trial and the judge it seemed inevitable that he'd walk away regardless of what the laws are.

Otis

Screenshot_2021-12-06-08-49-11-15_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg

I saw this and the first thought that came to mind was spoof or satire. Then I thought maybe there is a new Purge film out.

It's a US congressman's Christmas card photo.

I find it all very surreal.

Johnnythespider

View attachment 22988

I saw this and the first thought that came to mind was spoof or satire. Then I thought maybe there is a new Purge film out.

It's a US congressman's Christmas card photo.

I find it all very surreal.
It just needs a small child pointing a pistol at Santa's head.
The worship of guns is mind boggling.

Como

I remember walking to the ground in the early 60's from Cheylesmore, we walked past a shop that sold guns, forget exactly where? I recollect going it it and the layout.

You could watch the trial on You Tube, I think the main problem was that there was a lot of misinformation spouted in the early days about what happened, it was not an automatic rifle, he lived about 20 minutes away, had friends and family and worked in the area. It was all over when the Assistant DA face palmed when the third guy stated he was carrying a Glock concealed without a permit and did not shoot him until he pointed at at his head.

None of this denies that he was stupid getting involved.

But then Coventry has changed a lot, just read the CET headlines.

One thing to remember is that a lot of this is very specific to locations and most people do not see it.

The only time I have had a gun pointed at me was in London when somebody tried to steal my car.

Sick Boy

I remember walking to the ground in the early 60's from Cheylesmore, we walked past a shop that sold guns, forget exactly where? I recollect going it it and the layout.

You could watch the trial on You Tube, I think the main problem was that there was a lot of misinformation spouted in the early days about what happened, it was not an automatic rifle, he lived about 20 minutes away, had friends and family and worked in the area. It was all over when the Assistant DA face palmed when the third guy stated he was carrying a Glock concealed without a permit and did not shoot him until he pointed at at his head.

None of this denies that he was stupid getting involved.

But then Coventry has changed a lot, just read the CET headlines.

One thing to remember is that a lot of this is very specific to locations and most people do not see it.

The only time I have had a gun pointed at me was in London when somebody tried to steal my car.
The country is a weird backwater full of extremists.

Users who are viewing this thread