Knuckledraggers Rumour (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The final sentence is the key there. If being named was enough to scare them off, it could hardly have been very serious.
Not sure off the top of my head but from memory the story that was spun was not so much that he was scared off, more that the chap (can't remember his name) had other investments he would have to liquidate, when the name was 'accidentally' dropped out on CWR calls started going in to the companies he was currently invested in who knew nothing about it.

Probably all BS as none of Hoffmans consortiums have ever seemed close to having the sort of money a takeover would need, as well meaning as they may have been, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

oucho

Not sure off the top of my head but from memory the story that was spun was not so much that he was scared off, more that the chap (can't remember his name) had other investments he would have to liquidate, when the name was 'accidentally' dropped out on CWR calls started going in to the companies he was currently invested in who knew nothing about it.

Probably all BS as none of Hoffmans consortiums have ever seemed close to having the sort of money a takeover would need, as well meaning as they may have been, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

I was thinking the other day about the various LOL 'takeover' attempts that were just hot air. Wasn't there somethibg called The Highfield Group which turned out to be phoney? And that guy who tried to crowdfund a takeover, raised £100 and called it a success? Then that Chinese Wanda group....and of course Dale Evans with his PR advisor the mad hatter....what did we to deserve all this shite? At least SISU actually have a bit of cash....

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I saw Gordon Strachan coming out of the dun cow in Dunchurch around 3 pm this afternoon with a couple of blokes.. I bet they're planning a take over. Or a takeaway.

Users who are viewing this thread