Knee Jerk Reaction.... (1 Viewer)

wingy

If the current model is not sustainable in the Championship as Fisher says, then Pressley is probably getting a pat on the back and crate of bubbly every game at the moment.

Saw some Stats last year that show the drop off In support is very negligible In percentage terms, between this and the league below ,wages obviously would reduce further .

However we are Unique and the Probability Is we'd fall to Nuneaton levels of support.

Warwickhunt

The longer we stay in this division will put Wasps under financial distress, 120k in div 1. , 400k championship I think the contract is for two years + 2 year option

Otis

The longer we stay in this division will put Wasps under financial distress, 120k in div 1. , 400k championship I think the contract is for two years + 2 year option
Maybe now we have Wasps here Pressley will play the long ball game.

stupot07

Maybe now we have Wasps here Pressley will play the long ball game.

Tbf our midfield would look at home on a rugby field the amount of sideways and backwards passes they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Tbf our midfield would look at home on a rugby field the amount of sideways and backwards passes they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Was thinking more in terms of a rugby ball being a long ball to be honest. ;-)

ccfcway

He has to have until the end of 2014 to turn round the situation.

If the same issues persist its time to wave goodbye.

no sure he does.

Fisher adn Waggot have been talking about a promotion challenge this season. Drop into the bottom 4 in next few weeks and the pressure will be really on them to make a decision. SP seems to be helping them with that by persisting with 5-3-2

nicksig

Yes a knee jerk reaction. We haven't played a single decent game since last Xmas. Let's wait another couple of years until we are in the conference before making a change

Hincha

Waggott said that we have the 8th/9th biggest budget in league 1. While this should not be an indicator on where we finish due to other factors such as amount of signings (having a very different first 11 takes time to adjust) and squad depth (which i feel we have a lack of), it tells us that we should be doing a lot better than we currently are.

This is down to a) the signings and b) the system. These integrate because although i regard some players as good signings, they just don't fit into the system e.g Pugh who is never a wingback and O'Brien who shouldn't be playing central (maybe if he had the protection of a ball winning midfielder). This all comes down to Pressley, he either signed shite or is playing players in positions they cannot play... making them look shite, and he has clearly underestimated the importance of wingbacks.

Despite this, I'm not calling for his head, yet. I think he'll learn from this, realising that buying a player with "championship" experience, like Pugh and O'Brien, is pointless if they do not fit the system you're trying to play. He needs proper wingbacks, someone exactly like Christie, massive engine, pace, able to be a focal point of attack, not Jordan Clarke. Also, he needs a stronger midfield (we've been saying this for years haven't we?), there is very little there defensively at the moment. Biggest problem is, he won't be able to change this until next summer (can't see any major movement in January), by which point he may well be sacked.

ccfcway

we are missing

1) a decent Goalkeeper
2) a decent CD (Reda has only played half our games)
3) a decent CM
4) 2 decent wingers
5) a decent striker
6) and to play a formation that suits them

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes except we have a higher wage budget than 16 of the 24 teams ...according to waggot and fishface.

Wonder if that includes TF and cronies own salaries as well, as I can't see Haynes, Finch, Willis and Co being paid a king's ransom?

skybluefred

Definitely. Not even looking at the threads suggesting it. I'm not saying he's above criticism, the formation is pants for instance but you need to look at the bigger picture. He's only ever done this job with one hand tied behind his back by SISU and for more than one reason. If he lasts until next season hopefully we will have had the longest period of stability for a long time and funds will be available to strengthen the squad in numbers and quality next season. If we're still in the same on the field situation then this time next season people will probably have a point. But for now people need to ask themselves if he goes are we really going to attract a better manager? I doubt it.

Tony, I agree with most of that but funds will be available---are sisu leaving then.?

skybluefred

I took the great grandson to watch Morecambe v Wycombe yesterday just to see what next season's opposition was like.
It was dire, we need a miracle to happen and we start winning games, because you will be lucky to get 1500 fans at
the Ricoh to watch that rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread