King To Stay (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Over the entire season, we have had better results without Marlon King. He has been a disruptive influence and an expensive flop.QUOTE]

As noted above, over the season we've had better results with Turner and Carsley - so the stats can be viewed in a number of ways.

I'm not aware of any evidence of him being disruptive within the club, in fact his work rate on the pitch has been first class (Freddy Eastwood please take note).

As for expensive flop - his scoring record has been excellent since Xmas.

Agree 100% if we are looking at expensive flops there is only one that cost a million or over, that hasn't produced the goods in the current squad... but it's ok i'm sure he will come good next year ;)

Covstu

An expensive flop, get real! King the one of very few quality players we actually have at the club. The issue was as soon as we started playing him we changed tactics and started pumping balls through to King rather than the other forward, it was predictable. This wasnt helped by injuries at the time but anyone at the games can see the King is a cut above the rest.

skyblu3sk

An expensive flop, get real! King the one of very few quality players we actually have at the club. The issue was as soon as we started playing him we changed tactics and started pumping balls through to King rather than the other forward, it was predictable. This wasnt helped by injuries at the time but anyone at the games can see the King is a cut above the rest.

That and he doesn't keep himself on the pitch enough. Agreed when he's on it he is our best outfield player.

LarryGrayson

king sings again and me wont stay no more again

skyblu3sk

Strange morals.
I'm sure we discussed this on GMK to death from every single angle possible, My viewpoint is if he keeps his nose clean fine the second he doesn't then get rid. So far he has kept his nose clean and grabbed his last chance with both hands. He has looked committed and always tried for CCFC. I wasn't happy when he joined as I thought he would possibly get himself back in trouble, he hasn't so far and long may it continue. If a fan doesn't want to support his club because of a player it's up to him but it's not something I would particularly support.

rob9872

I was against for a while until I started to think rationally about it. I'm glad that I did and I 'm pleased he came. Goodness only knows where we would now be situated if we had not taken the chance. HE is the true shining light of quality along wioth Westy and I fear we would have been almost sunk by now without eitehr of them.

Dinyull

So far he has kept his nose clean and grabbed his last chance with both hands. He has looked committed and always tried for CCFC. I wasn't happy when he joined as I thought he would possibly get himself back in trouble, he hasn't so far and long may it continue.

Like you say it's been done to death.......but didn't he raise his hands to an opposition player recently, which is pretty similar to what landed him in prison?!?!

Hardly keeping his nose clean no matter how good he's been for us.

skyblu3sk

Like you say it's been done to death.......but didn't he raise his hands to an opposition player recently, which is pretty similar to what landed him in prison?!?!

Hardly keeping his nose clean no matter how good he's been for us.

It's not illegal to raise your hands as far as I'm aware... It's against the laws of the game of football of course and I was quite pissed off with the fact he did it. however that's all he has done so far of note wrong in CCFC's employment.

fellatio_Martinez

I'm sure we discussed this on GMK to death from every single angle possible, My viewpoint is if he keeps his nose clean fine the second he doesn't then get rid. So far he has kept his nose clean and grabbed his last chance with both hands. He has looked committed and always tried for CCFC. I wasn't happy when he joined as I thought he would possibly get himself back in trouble, he hasn't so far and long may it continue. If a fan doesn't want to support his club because of a player it's up to him but it's not something I would particularly support.

I find it strange that you would pick a Sex Offender over a fellow fan. Somehow I feel a bit of respect for one another has been lost here.

I also don't think for a second that King is rehabilitated, he's been shown two straight reds recently for aggressive behavior. God only knows what he gets up to off the pitch.

rob9872

I find it strange that you would pick a Sex Offender over a fellow fan. Somehow I feel a bit of respect for one another has been lost here.

I also don't think for a second that King is rehabilitated, he's been shown two straight reds recently for aggressive behavior. God only knows what he gets up to off the pitch.

Despite FIFA's best efforts to dilute the game, football remains a contact sport and as such, incidents will occur that in other circles would be deemed aggressive, but the pitch is different to the street. I'm sure some people would jail boxers for punching each other if they could.

To call the first red aggressive is ridiculous and suggests that you have never really played the game to any standard.

The second red was wrong, but was in retalliation and unfortunately the officials only saw the second part. I imagine he was frustrated at the fact we were losing and players around him were not putting a shift in. No excuse for this one btw just facts.

And yes he is on the S/o register but the way this is banded about is as though he is some kind of nonce which is hardly fair. To make disparaging suggestions that he may have been bad off-field with no substance is lazy, thoughtless typing. He has been a decent pro for us and in the present climate we are as lucky to have him as he is that we gave him a chance.

fellatio_Martinez

He has been a decent pro for us and in the present climate we are as lucky to have him as he is that we gave him a chance.

Listen to yourself, "He's been a decent pro"?? he has been sent off with two straight reds, both for aggressive behavior (That's a professional referee's view), you can try to dress that up however you like but he's not been decent and it sure hasn't been professional.

If he was playing for any other team you would be calling him every name under the sun, take the blinkers off.

sotv1987

Despite FIFA's best efforts to dilute the game, football remains a contact sport and as such, incidents will occur that in other circles would be deemed aggressive, but the pitch is different to the street. I'm sure some people would jail boxers for punching each other if they could.

To call the first red aggressive is ridiculous and suggests that you have never really played the game to any standard.

The second red was wrong, but was in retalliation and unfortunately the officials only saw the second part. I imagine he was frustrated at the fact we were losing and players around him were not putting a shift in. No excuse for this one btw just facts.

And yes he is on the S/o register but the way this is banded about is as though he is some kind of nonce which is hardly fair. To make disparaging suggestions that he may have been bad off-field with no substance is lazy, thoughtless typing. He has been a decent pro for us and in the present climate we are as lucky to have him as he is that we gave him a chance.

Absolutely spot on rob lad!!!!

I think people are just waiting to hang him at the earliest possible moment.

I am a season ticket holder and have watched all the games king has played, he has always given 100% its a pity the rest of the shit around him don't follow suit, we wouldn't be in the position we are now, maybe it's about time we give the lad a break and stop trying to make a scapegoat of him because he's f***ed up in the past.

Only my opinion!!!!!!!

skyblu3sk

Agree 100% and I have respect for fans but as I have said on many occasions the people who use King as an excuse I have no time for. If you have real moral objections then that's your call and your right. Just like its someone else's right to do their time and go back in to employment. as I say done to death this argument for both side.

Nick

Administrator
I think the nonce comments are stupid, I mean what makes him a nonce about it? I won't get into that debate though.

Fulham are getting a nonce statue outside their ground as well, are many people moaning about that?

Rooney remains a national treasure even though he is banging prozzies off the pitch and then trying to take somebodies head off with his elbow!

skyblu3sk

Listen to yourself, "He's been a decent pro"?? he has been sent off with two straight reds, both for aggressive behavior (That's a professional referee's view), you can try to dress that up however you like but he's not been decent and it sure hasn't been professional.

If he was playing for any other team you would be calling him every name under the sun, take the blinkers off.

One was a bad challenge is that seen as aggressive behaviour? As a side not I have seen so many challenges similar that only got yellows that it becomes a bit of a joke to be honest. I have admitted he does need to rethink some of the things he does on the pitch as he will always be looked at in a harsher light.

sotv1987

professional and referee, contradiction in terms me thinks. We always get shit refs. no surprise, one ref sticking up for another!!!!

Every fan slags other teams players off, its the norm, and yes, if king played for another team we would slag him off but he doesn't, so get behind him and more importantly your team!!!!

fellatio_Martinez

King is by definition A Nonce.

The term nonce (alternately spelled "nonse") is a slang word used to refer to a sex offender and/or child sexual abuser.

Dinyull

I think the nonce comments are stupid, I mean what makes him a nonce about it? I won't get into that debate though.

Fulham are getting a nonce statue outside their ground as well, are many people moaning about that?

Rooney remains a national treasure even though he is banging prozzies off the pitch and then trying to take somebodies head off with his elbow!

Stupid argument.

Jackson wasn't a convicted sex offender AND was widely hated/derided for his actions so calling him a noce and saying Marlon isn't (I never said that or thought it) is silly!!!

Rooney isn't convicted of anything.

Perhaps people are suspicious of Marlon because his last offence wasn't his first....in fact it was his 14th run in with the law. If it was one off people might have been a little bit more simpathetic (not the correct word but...) towards him.

I wonder how welcome Lee Hughes would be made if he was scoring goals or our best player.........

fellatio_Martinez

professional and referee, contradiction in terms me thinks. We always get shit refs. no surprise, one ref sticking up for another!!!!

Every fan slags other teams players off, its the norm, and yes, if king played for another team we would slag him off but he doesn't, so get behind him and more importantly your team!!!!

I haven't stopped supporting the team because of King and in a way I want him to prove himself to everyone. But at the moment I haven't been won over and will happily debate (within the fanbase) why I haven't been.

skyblu3sk

I wonder how welcome Lee Hughes would be made if he was scoring goals or our best player.........

That argument has been done even more! I have to say I am happy with the way Lee has got on with things and has not been in the press all the time telling us of his woe and I hope he continues his charity work, of course would be a bit close to home for him to return here

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't condone anything King has done off the pitch but I am not looking at him for a bravery award or anything. Just as a player who plays for the team I support so I will support him then.

MJ had kids sleeping in his bed and didnt he give out a few pay offs to stop the convictions? I don't want to get into who is and who isn't a kiddy fiddler debate though! Either way, hitting a woman for saying no and having kids in your bed is both wrong.

I know a few people who have met him (King) and say he is actually a nice, down to earth kind of guy and when I have seen him on the pitch the effort he puts in usually amounts to the other 9 outfield players put together and you can tell he wants to win and has passion which I guess is why he is a bit fiery. The tackle he did was nothing compared to Caraghers the other week or that Rafael in the Man Utd / Liverpool game but raising your hand is stupid (did he actually hit him?) but I have said many times if I was him I would have flipped a long time ago playing alongside a load of crap at times and getting kicked all over and snapped by the other defenders with refs not doing anything.

It is his own fault he has the reputation so refs wont give him anything and will be quick to penalise him. :pimp:

skyblu3sk

I haven't stopped supporting the team because of King and in a way I want him to prove himself to everyone. But at the moment I haven't been won over and will happily debate (within the fanbase) why I haven't been.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to go for a drink with the guy just think he deserves another year contract with CCFC think of it as more punishment for him if you have to ;)

fellatio_Martinez

Stupid argument.

Jackson wasn't a convicted sex offender AND was widely hated/derided for his actions so calling him a noce and saying Marlon isn't (I never said that or thought it) is silly!!!

Rooney isn't convicted of anything.

Perhaps people are suspicious of Marlon because his last offence wasn't his first....in fact it was his 14th run in with the law. If it was one off people might have been a little bit more simpathetic (not the correct word but...) towards him.

Very well put Sir.

rob9872

Lee Hughes killed someone - so a bit of a difference there. His crime was also in Coventry so I think personal involvement or those who knew his victim may carry a little more weight to a counter argument. Add to that the fact he has already been useless here (15 goals in 40 odd games including a hat-trick against a woeful Crewe and six penalties) would suggest that the two are in no way comparable.

fellatio_Martinez

Must be torture for him not even being on the same wavelength as all the players around him I would be surprised if he even considered signing another contract let alone wanting one

Was thinking that, he just looks fed up with the players around him at times.

I'm sure if a decent offer from another club comes in then he'll be orf. Aidy isn't there to protect him anymore either.

skyblu3sk

Was thinking that, he just looks fed up with the players around him at times.

I'm sure if a decent offer from another club comes in then he'll be orf. Aidy isn't there to protect him anymore either.

More than likely, it's also whether he can stay on the straight and narrow without AB at the club. I hope he can and has turned over a new leaf...

Users who are viewing this thread