King To Stay (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

He wants a new contract.....

Sign him up Ray...

Providing we stay in this league, he could be a MASSIVE player next year.

GaryPendrysEyes

King wants to have a backdrop option while his agent looks around for something better. His 'baggage', 6 games injured, six games banned in half a season has disrupted the team significantly. We dont need that- we need a solid team that fights each and every game.

Offload King and get some 'hungry' lower league players and build that team.

skyblu3sk

I would get him on a contract if only to sell him later down the line. He is a class above but needs to sort out his attitude on the pitch realise he will be watched more harshly by ref's and respond to that. Also when he raised his hand to get sent off I hope the manager gave him the hair-dryer treatment cause that's just daft!

SBAndy

Well I'd like to see us play on the floor, but he doesn't seem to have been able to strike up a partnership with anyone. Who knows, he may be able to grow into a partnership with Juke in time.

Finally, 10 posts, time to hit the arcade :p

ccfcway

There was plenty of comments about "the team have got more results without King in the side"

well, 1 point from 2 games without him does not really help that arguement !

craigus12

i reckon if we managed to become a 'passing side' MK would flourish. there's been plenty of times where we would hoof it down the wing and it'd be him who would bloody harass the FB to collect the ball!

GaryPendrysEyes

(It was 2 away games of course-- and v.nearly 2 points from 2 games was an improvement in form :0) ) and 1 game was a MUCH better performance than of late with King.

He may well stay because he might have made himself unemployable again after the latest sending off. No doubt we'll take all the crap then he'll be off when he gets the chance.

I repeat with no money we need to build a team which fights every game together with no distractions.

skyblu3sk

(It was 2 away games of course-- and v.nearly 2 points from 2 games was an improvement in form :0) ) and 1 game was a MUCH better performance than of late with King.

He may well stay because he might have made himself unemployable again after the latest sending off. No doubt we'll take all the crap then he'll be off when he gets the chance.

I repeat with no money we need to build a team which fights every game together with no distractions.

We know you view on him anyway GPE ;) do think is we played the ball to feet he will do well also if we did that he may get less frustrated and do less daft things. Will be interesting to see what the decision is at the end of the season

sky_blue_up_north

Sign him up our best player by far... if it goes tits up we can sell him and get a fee

musicmanskyblue

Were desperate for more goals.. our goal scoring record is appalling. MK is by far the best goal scorer at the club. If he does leave we HAVE to replace him with similar quality. Potentially could be the difference between relegation and survival, maybe this season and next..Sign him up RR...

Jimthor

Were desperate for more goals.. our goal scoring record is appalling. MK is by far the best goal scorer at the club. If he does leave we HAVE to replace him with similar quality. Potentially could be the difference between relegation and survival, maybe this season and next..Sign him up RR...

Could not agree with this more. We need goals and he's the best goalscorer we have by a mile. Letting him go could be a huge mistake.

GaryPendrysEyes

We need a team, stability and positivity-- King disrupts us and costs us more net than he gives. Part of the rebuild under a new manager next season involves getting shot of King.

skyblu3sk

We need a team, stability and positivity-- King disrupts us and costs us more net than he gives. Part of the rebuild under a new manager next season involves getting shot of King.

I Don't believe he does disrupt us. If he can get his head down and get on with it play more games than this year he will be a good player for us.

GaryPendrysEyes

Suspensions, injuries and all the negative baggage has disrupted us badly. You cant really argue he has been a positive success can you? He's been absent 50% of the time, caused rows amongst fans and above all else we dropped like a stone when he he came into the squad (not by any means all his fault but he hardly lifted us higher up the table with his brilliance did he!).

He is a problematic and flawed sub-premiership footballer who didnt make it in the top flight at all. Some people treat him as if he's a superstar.

last time I'll repeat myself-- but in our zero finance situation we need to build a hard working team with a positive spirit--that aint King-- its probably lower league young players on the up in their careers.

skybluetom

There will not be a contract offer for King, reportedly he earns around 10 grand a week which would put him massively above our general pay scale and I'm sure we'll be looking to slash costs the summer. Ranson has said he will be offered a new deal probably in the hope people will blindly renew season tickets thinking we're trying to keep our best player.

Walking Bird

I can't see King staying anyway, any new long term deal would surely be out of our price range. His agent can't admit that & is probably tapping up lower Prem or other Championship clubs that would be able to.

skyblu3sk

Suspensions, injuries and all the negative baggage has disrupted us badly. You cant really argue he has been a positive success can you? He's been absent 50% of the time, caused rows amongst fans and above all else we dropped like a stone when he he came into the squad (not by any means all his fault but he hardly lifted us higher up the table with his brilliance did he!).

He is a problematic and flawed sub-premiership footballer who didnt make it in the top flight at all. Some people treat him as if he's a superstar.

last time I'll repeat myself-- but in our zero finance situation we need to build a hard working team with a positive spirit--that aint King-- its probably lower league young players on the up in their careers.

You Say that yet he is our top scorer in his first season back in football. I have said there are negatives with him being here but he can still kick on to be a positive asset. and you have to wonder if he wasn't on the pitch would you trust our other strikers to have picked up those goals. A lot of the players have also said what a positive influence he is at the training ground. you can focus on the negatives all you like but to be honest he hasn't set the world alight but is better than all the others we have and with a bit of luck could reach his potential next season.

Lloyd

seriously? If anything King has helped players become better, since he's been there, i've seen a significant increase in Jukes ability, i can't blame him for getting sent off in our 4-1 defeat either, he was getting fouled all game and snapped because we was losing 3-1, same with a lot of people in that situation. i dont see you having a go at baker who has been sent off as well or other players getting constant yellow cards and making daft mistakes that COST us games.

Marlon King, despite his past, has been the best signing this season, followed closely by Juke. as for us having bad results, its a coincidence, nothing more, the reason we have been losing is because the board don't know how to run a good football team. With 8 injuries / suspension in December - February, any board with football knowledge would not get rid of the first team replacements and not help bring in extra cover.

it's all well and good you saying we need lower players who want to fight it out, but they are still lower league players at the end of the day and will always be a gamble. they dont always work out. IF we stay up this season, it will because King gets 5-10 goals in the next 8 games. but with the defence the way it is right now, i hope he gets a damn hatrick every game!

GaryPendrysEyes

The point was did King disrupt the team after his arrival. The answer is obviously 'yes'. Several matches hanging around getting fit on arrival- while other strikers trod water; several games injured; more than several games banned; never mind his negative baggage and all the controversy.
The fact is we slid down the table after his arrival-- and I dont think it is wholly a coincidence, given the above. (not wholly his fault either)

Given his poor scoring record there is no way he'll score 5-10 in 8 games-- but please lets not set him up as some kind of hero-- when he just got a 4 match ban, leaving us in the sh*t for some key games.

Anyhows Peace.....

skyblu3sk

The point was did King disrupt the team after his arrival. The answer is obviously 'yes'. Several matches hanging around getting fit on arrival- while other strikers trod water; several games injured; more than several games banned; never mind his negative baggage and all the controversy.
The fact is we slid down the table after his arrival-- and I dont think it is wholly a coincidence, given the above. (not wholly his fault either)

Given his poor scoring record there is no way he'll score 5-10 in 8 games-- but please lets not set him up as some kind of hero-- when he just got a 4 match ban, leaving us in the sh*t for some key games.

Anyhows Peace.....

Yet he is still our top scorer...

Nick

Administrator
I thought his scoring rate was quite good for us with a decent goals per game ratio!

skyblu3sk

I thought his scoring rate was quite good for us with a decent goals per game ratio!

Which is what you want from a striker! imagine if he had played a few more games we wouldn't be where we are at the moment I would say.

Dinyull

Doesn't mean he didn't disrupt the harmony of the squad.

He'S scored goals and probably been our best performer this season BUT he is on the sex offenders list and perhaps some in the squad aren't too happy to be working with him?!?!

Pure speculation mind but you can't argue with our form since he's been at the club!

DazzleTommyDazzle

Bit selective perhaps.

I think if you really want to put the bad run down to individuals, I'd be looking at the absence of Turner and Carsley. Ben had probably been our best player before his injury and whilst Carsley wasn't everyones' cup of tea, somehow I can't imagine our bad run being as bad with him leading the team.

Dinyull

Carsley was shocking before his injury. Turner has been a big loss but no one player missing is down our result's ofh 1 win in 18 games.

Like I said in another thread this is probably the most balanced squad we've had in this league. With Turner out we still have Cranie, Wood, Cameron and McPake (before his injury) at centre half.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Whilst I'm sure that you're far from alone in your opinion of Carsley, I still believe that our results would have been better with him in the side.

I think that we've missed his organisation of the team and his general experience.

Nick

Administrator
Whilst I'm sure that you're far from alone in your opinion of Carsley, I still believe that our results would have been better with him in the side.

I think that we've missed his organisation of the team and his general experience.

I thought Carsley was useless before he was injured when he actually got the ball but the way the results have gone since show it could be his overall presence on the pitch.

Some of his shots were awful :(

DazzleTommyDazzle

I thought Carsley was useless before he was injured when he actually got the ball but the way the results have gone since show it could be his overall presence on the pitch.

Some of his shots were awful :(

That's pretty much where I am.

While he was playing, I was often thinking that a midfield of Clingan and Gunna would be much better - but results suggest otherwise.

As Joni Mitchell (I think) sang "you don't know what you got till it's gone".

stay_up_skyblues

Probably worth mentioning when Carsley was in the team we were bypassing midfield with the constand long ball so perhaps a little unfair to call him useless as he rarely got the ball to feet, would have been interesting to see him in the side when aidy tried to mix up the style a bit, although the change in style did seem to coincide with the drop in form.

TommyAtkins

Over the entire season, we have had better results without Marlon King. He has been a disruptive influence and an expensive flop.

And there is no evidence at all that King wants to stay, even if we could afford what he wants. The chances are he will turn down any new contract whilst his agent claims he "wants to stay"

Pigeon

I don't think King can be blamed for the team being disrupted, Coventry City are so inconsistent that you never know what kind of team is going to turn up. For example Burnley and Preston games. King is a great player, I've enjoyed watching him this season. I really do think if a manager got the lads playing on the floor then King would thrive off that style of football and bag you 20+ a season. I also completely agree that he and Juke have got a good partnership going on and it has definitely improved Juke.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Over the entire season, we have had better results without Marlon King. He has been a disruptive influence and an expensive flop.QUOTE]

As noted above, over the season we've had better results with Turner and Carsley - so the stats can be viewed in a number of ways.

I'm not aware of any evidence of him being disruptive within the club, in fact his work rate on the pitch has been first class (Freddy Eastwood please take note).

As for expensive flop - his scoring record has been excellent since Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread