Kevin Thomson (3 Viewers)

TomRad85

Not a good look for the club, albeit quite a while ago.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ccfctommy

This has resurfaced because of a tweet by Mark Magennis who took the piss out of Thomson. Mentioned something about a hoover and him crying to his mum and dad where Magennis was almost sacked by Richard Money. Magennis received loads of stick about this from Rangers supporters and seems to have deleted his twitter.

Not a good luck for us.

pastythegreat

Reading the article it seems as though it was just a bit of banter gone too far.
Its not nice, and like he says you feel down and alone at the time, but it makes you much stronger going forward. Its part of learning and growing up. As shit as it seems, I can garuntee hes much stronger for it now and in the the same situation now would handle himself much better and likewise if he seen someone in a similar situation he would know what to do/say.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Reading the article it seems as though it was just a bit of banter gone too far.
Its not nice, and like he says you feel down and alone at the time, but it makes you much stronger going forward. Its part of learning and growing up. As shit as it seems, I can garuntee hes much stronger for it now and in the the same situation now would handle himself much better and likewise if he seen someone in a similar situation he would know what to do/say.

Piss off.

There is no evidence that abusing children toughens them up. It’s far more likely to do the opposite.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'm sorry but that's absolute garbage. With those who have suffered hazing or 'banter gone too far' as you've termed it, a great number have suffered severe mental health problems.

If you have that attitude you are very much part of the problem.

Last edited:

pastythegreat

Piss off.

There is no evidence that abusing children toughens them up. It’s far more likely to do the opposite.
Yeah, thats why I'm a soft shit and a quivering wreck that sits in a corner whenever I'm in a social situation. Im not just stabbing in the dark at how the guy was feeling at the time and how he came put of it. Im speaking from experience. But cheers for the "piss off" anyway xx

mr_monkey

Yeah, thats why I'm a soft shit and a quivering wreck that sits in a corner whenever I'm in a social situation. Im not just stabbing in the dark at how the guy was feeling at the time and how he came put of it. Im speaking from experience. But cheers for the "piss off" anyway xx

Fucking hell, I hope you don't have kids

shmmeee

OK mate. I’ll tel my best mate who was battered by her Dad her mental health issues are all made up shall I? Or the multitudes of kids o saw through the system as a teacher?

Or shall we stop trading anecdotes and accept that the research is pretty clear child abuse doesn’t work.

TomRad85

I'm glad Thomson had the last laugh by having a decent professional career, whereas Magennis, well....

pastythegreat

OK mate. I’ll tel my best mate who was battered by her Dad her mental health issues are all made up shall I? Or the multitudes of kids o saw through the system as a teacher?

Or shall we stop trading anecdotes and accept that the research is pretty clear child abuse doesn’t work.
We're not talking about child abuse here though. Were talking about a young man starting out in life, bullied by people around him. Let's not make this in to something its not. Its somebody getting bullied at work not child abuse.

Ccfcisparks

We're not talking about child abuse here though. Were talking about a young man starting out in life, bullied by people around him. Let's not make this in to something its not. Its somebody getting bullied at work not child abuse.

He was sexually harassed at a bare minimum

Greggs

the best bit about football was what went on it the changing rooms, i miss those day. I got tormented - loved every minute!

kg82

Total bantz... little bit of ball tickling. Nowt wrong with that. I mean little bit too far. I wonder how you get from “ya mum” jokes to putting boot polish on someone’s balls?

Greggs

Getting pissed on in the showers, deep heat in boxers, hair removal cream in shower gel, shoe laces chopped and fish in boot bags. The world is too soft nowadays.

Greggs

I'm glad Thomson had the last laugh by having a decent professional career, whereas Magennis, well....

exactly! I look back at a school bully, looks like a 7 stone crackhead. Life isn't nice, it's how you recover from the 'difficult' times

pastythegreat

Ah okay that's perfectly fine then isn't it.
Where have I said its okay? Listen, sit and judge me all you like. As somebody who has been in a very similar situation to Thompson I know how he must've felt at the time, I also know how I felt coming out the other end and how it changed me in life. Not that I have to justify myself to a you or anyone else on this shitty little forum.
Read my post IN FULL before picking out lines out of context and realise what it is exactly that im saying.
NOWHERE have I said it was okay to bully or "abuse" him, nowhere have I said that its fine to do it to anyone. I'm giving my side of things from somebody who has been bullied, but hey, ypu must have a better idea how I felt and how Thompson must've felt, so please, let me know exactly how I should be now after being bullied? I'd love to hear your view on MY outlook on life now.

Greggs

And the world wonders why there is a male mental health Pandemic at the moment
yeah because society is fucked rotten. Not want went on in a football changing room with your team mates

mr_monkey

was standard behaviour on a saturday and sunday, buzzing if there was a midweek game thrown in there too ;)

And if you enjoyed it then that's on you but what about the people who didn't and they couldn't speak up for fear of it getting worse and it's then fucked them up for life

pastythegreat

So what would you do if that happened to your own kids?
I'd like to think I'd do the same as my mum did for me when I was being bullied. But like Kenilworth, you seem to know more about me, my past and my feelings than I do so please, you should know me better than I do. You tell me what I'd do?!

Greggs

But it adds to it and if it's ok in the changing room why isn't it ok outside in the wider world
Character buliding and practical jokes are standard behaviour among team 'mates'. Where do we draw the line then? No human can ever interact with another in fear of causing a breakdown? I'm all for politness and respect - but not everything is bullying an abuse.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Where have I said its okay? Listen, sit and judge me all you like. As somebody who has been in a very similar situation to Thompson I know how he must've felt at the time, I also know how I felt coming out the other end and how it changed me in life. Not that I have to justify myself to a you or anyone else on this shitty little forum.
Read my post IN FULL before picking out lines out of context and realise what it is exactly that im saying.
NOWHERE have I said it was okay to bully or "abuse" him, nowhere have I said that its fine to do it to anyone. I'm giving my side of things from somebody who has been bullied, but hey, ypu must have a better idea how I felt and how Thompson must've felt, so please, let me know exactly how I should be now after being bullied? I'd love to hear your view on MY outlook on life now.

"But it makes you much stronger going forward".

You've made a huge sweeping statement here. I'm unsure why you're labelling other people as morons when your comment in itself was the only thing moronic posted in this thread.

Your penultimate sentence is highly ironic because what you've accused me of is exactly what you've done yourself. Just because you came out of the other side doesn't mean others have.

Think before you speak.

mr_monkey

[/QUOTE]
Character buliding and practical jokes are standard behaviour among team 'mates'. Where do we draw the line then? No human can ever interact with another in fear of causing a breakdown? I'm all for politness and respect - but not everything is bullying an abuse.

It all depends on if it is in the view of the person that's my whole point, it obviously wasnt for Kevin Thomson hence why he has spoken out, just because you think something is "banter" doesn't mean everyone does

Users who are viewing this thread