Kenny Jackett (4 Viewers)

martcov

Why would Jackett having left Rotherham, who despite heading for League 1( sadly) have a great Chairman and CEO, are supported by a great commercial team, own their own ground and have a couple of million quid to spend in the January transfer window and was on a great two and a half year Championship Manager package join Coventry City who have probably the worst owners in football history, apart from Blackpool.

Why does Venus want to stay here?

Nick

Administrator
Why would Jackett having left Rotherham, who despite heading for League 1( sadly) have a great Chairman and CEO, are supported by a great commercial team, own their own ground and have a couple of million quid to spend in the January transfer window and was on a great two and a half year Championship Manager package join Coventry City who have probably the worst owners in football history, apart from Blackpool.

Surely they have bad owners if they are heading for league 1?

skybluebeduff

2 managers and it's November is why they're heading here, the owner injects money into the club, something ours doesn't. Also at least they're looking for a manager, are we?

Nick

Administrator
2 managers and it's November is why they're heading here, the owner injects money into the club, something ours doesn't. Also at least they're looking for a manager, are we?

Doesn't alter the fact they have the lowest amount of points in the football league does it?

I thought we always blamed the number of managers we have on the owners? Strange.

Nick

Administrator
Tell you what, they had a dispute with their landlords, had to move out of their home town as a result... but actually built a ground to go back to.

Something for us to aspire to, eh.

But still only on 7 points and probably getting relegated.

JimmyHillsbeard

I've no idea. Neither do you

NorthernWisdom

Ot to put another way, they've gone from this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rotherham_utd/7528420.stm

to being in a position to be relegated from the division above us, whilst also having a shiny new stadium to play in.

Hardly surprising a club of Rotherham's size struggles to stay in the division above us. If I were a fan I'd be concerned at their turnover of managers and would be asking why but... their chairman's in credit by quite a long way, really.

Nick

Administrator
Ot to put another way, they've gone from this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rotherham_utd/7528420.stm

to being in a position to be relegated from the division above us, whilst also having a shiny new stadium to play in.

Hardly surprising a club of Rotherham's size struggles to stay in the division above us. If I were a fan I'd be concerned at their turnover of managers and would be asking why but... their chairman's in credit by quite a long way, really.

It was more tongue in cheek ;)

I know they have sorted their ground and climbed the leagues etc.

Nick

Administrator
So does that mean you actually think we have bad owners as we appear to be heading for League 2...just for clarification :)

Yep, even though we are hardly sitting there with the lowest points in the FL.

Along with shite managers.

martcov

Because he's a businessman who enjoys money and only money, hence fronting the sale of Ryton. Does he even seem interested in any interviews?

Ryton hasn't been sold - yet - and there has to be a replacement- of sorts.

If I enjoyed only money, I wouldn't be in a loss making company such as CCFC.

I don't know myself why he wants to be here, but people do seem to want to give it a go at CCFC.

See what happens in the New Year.......

skybluebeduff

But still only on 7 points and probably getting relegated.
It's November ffs, maybe in Feb/March teams near the bottom can be written off. Our owners are fucking dogshit compared to Rotherhams., you have no argument to remotely deny that.

skybluebeduff

Ryton hasn't been sold - yet - and there has to be a replacement- of sorts.

If I enjoyed only money, I wouldn't be in a loss making company such as CCFC.

I don't know myself why he wants to be here, but people do seem to want to give it a go at CCFC.

See what happens in the New Year.......
It's like giving a Warehouse Operative a job in Nuclear science with no experience and letting him run the whole operation.

Nick

Administrator
It's November ffs, maybe in Feb/March teams near the bottom can be written off. Our owners are fucking dogshit compared to Rotherhams., you have no argument to remotely deny that.

All I said was they can't be that good if they are heading for relegation.

They have sacked 1 manager and the other walked within weeks.

I was just going by Sky Blues Talk logic.

skybluebeduff

I was just going by Sky Blues Talk logic.
Yet our owners can't even be arsed to replace the manager that walked away, that should say it all.

hopesprings

I was just going by Sky Blues Talk logic.[/Q

Ah Nick I think you are going to struggle with that......

ceetee

Venus and Fisher are Otium, who are owned by SISU... so on that note...
Just because they work for a company owned by SISU doesn't make them SISU
SISU delegates the running of the club to them, and refuses to give them any more money, so they have to manage.
As I said somewhere else, i doubt that Joy Sepalla is sitting at her desk plotting the appointment of our next manager.

Sky Blue Harry H

Would love to comment but you only get rediculed, so happy to keep my information to myself these days.
"We want information"
"Well you're not going to get it"

....from The Prisoner, wasn't it?

P.S, If you get rediculed, I know a good doctor who can get you some ointment

skybluebeduff

Just because they work for a company owned by SISU doesn't make them SISU
SISU delegates the running of the club to them, and refuses to give them any more money, so they have to manage.
As I said somewhere else, i doubt that Joy Sepalla is sitting at her desk plotting the appointment of our next manager.
Sorry I didn't realize the reason why Fisher and Venus are directors of Otium is because they have CCFC as their main interests... must of missed that one!

Nick

Administrator
Sorry I didn't realize the reason why Fisher and Venus are directors of Otium is because they have CCFC as their main interests... must of missed that one!
How many people go to work for their employers interests and not their own, ie to pay the bills and get money?

Maybe we can also abuse the ticket office staff?

I like where I work, but first things first I have to pay the mortgage.

Last edited:

bawtryneal

Bad investment in players last Summer and punching above their weight in the Championship. The owner and board are 100% committed and the fans understand their place in the pecking order.

Users who are viewing this thread