Kenny Jackett (1 Viewer)

Bristol sky blue

Has resigned from Rotherham
Possibly still based in midlands after spell at Wolves.
Do you think he would consider taking the (thankless) task of managing us ? We could do far worse - he has the right kind of promotion experience.
Bearing in mind that I think we'll sell Ben Stephenson soon, maybe that would give him a small slice of money to spend on the bruising, towering CB and bustling striker we desperately need (mind you, midfield is looking desperately thin too...)

covcity4life

would be my number 1 choice probably. did very well at millwall and wasnt wolves cut short by over ambitious inpatient owners?

oucho

He was my first choice when TM initially went - yes please. We can only dream!

rupert_bear

Mowbray for Rotherham then ? Was heavily linked before Jackett got the job. Should that happen Where would that leave Venus ?

skybluebeduff

Sometimes I wonder whether Sisu are just ticking us over and fighting everyone, including fans, for fun.
They've not employed a manager yet for a reason, and it's nothing to do with fans or CCFC for that matter, they're saving and squeezing every last pence until the JR. What other reason do they have for a.) taking this long? and b.) no communication as to why?

ajsccfc

True, but I'd still be more surprised if it's more part of any scheme or plan than just ineptitude.

ceetee

Do you really think that SISU, i.e. Joy Sepalla, is sitting at her desk plotting the details of when and if CCFC will appoint a manager. She's not interested, only in the P&L account.

It's Fisher and Venus who will decide as they are the only directors.
They are also conscious of the fact that they have no money and it seems as if Venus is OK with the job for now.
They are not saving money for SISU as SISU aren't spending anything.
I hope that they will decide to bring in a proper manager but SISU aren't responsible for the decision.
SISU are responsible for the overall situation of the club

Sbarcher

MV - well Mark, why do you want the managers job? (From behind the desk)
Quickly runs around the other side.
MV - well I'm doing everything else, might as well be manager too.
Quickly runs behind the desk.
MV - the job's yours. Will an additional 500k/year be ok?
Quickly runs around the other side
MV - that will do nicely. Pity Tim was busy today........

NorthernWisdom

True, but I'd still be more surprised if it's more part of any scheme or plan than just ineptitude.

Worth noting that we did start with some good results under Venus, and the tone on this board was generally positive towards him.

The decision not to rush into giving him the gig permanently looks perfectly sensible now, doesn't it ;)

shy_tall_knight

images

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

My thoughts on it are if he's resigned from Rotherham, WHY would he come here?
Exactly , The Experienced Tony Mowbray Couldn't get us promoted .

So I think any decent Manager wouldn't want anything to do with Sisu , unless there desperate for a job .

If they were interested , the first thing they would do is phone TM and ask him what's it like working for Sisu .

And we all know the answer to that . :wtf:

skybluetony176

Ahh. But you have to remember what the prize is and I think its pretty obvious it's not a well run moderately successful football club. Therefore by having their eye on the prize not the football club the ineptitude is in fact part of a bigger plan.

skybluetony176

Kenny Jacket would be a brilliant appointment for a club who's owners have an ambition to get out of this league. I.e. willing to invest. I.e. not us. For that reason I can't see it. Unless he's desperate for his next payday in which case I would suspect that he'll be here no longer than it takes for a better offer to come along. I.e. like Robbins.

Have MK Dons appointed a manager yet? That seems a far more likely option for him if not.

martcov

The fact he is still "interim Manager" tells us all we need to know.
Watch this space.

It tells us we are not replacing people who leave. But, that is not all we need to know.

Communication is at a low point. Just the occasional thank you to those who leave.

Where is Les Reid? No more 'new home' stories, no interviews. I hope someone is sniffing around as it looks like something is going on.

And what is happening with new investor rumour?

ccfchoi87

Exactly , The Experienced Tony Mowbray Couldn't get us promoted .

So I think any decent Manager wouldn't want anything to do with Sisu , unless there desperate for a job .

If they were interested , the first thing they would do is phone TM and ask him what's it like working for Sisu .

And we all know the answer to that . :wtf:

But tony Mowbray wasn't experienced, he had never managed in league one and he didn't know the type of players needed in this division.

JimmyHillsbeard

But tony Mowbray wasn't experienced, he had never managed in league one and he didn't know the type of players needed in this division.

He WAS experienced though at getting Middlesbrough to the top of the table twice and failing to make the play offs. He kept telling us this. Remarkable then that he never seemed to reflect on why this happened twice (and then a third time).

If Jackett was available (and resigning from Rotherham seems very strange) we would be stupid not to go for him.

bawtryneal

He WAS experienced though at getting Middlesbrough to the top of the table twice and failing to make the play offs. He kept telling us this. Remarkable then that he never seemed to reflect on why this happened twice (and then a third time).

If Jackett was available (and resigning from Rotherham seems very strange) we would be stupid not to go for him.

Why would Jackett having left Rotherham, who despite heading for League 1( sadly) have a great Chairman and CEO, are supported by a great commercial team, own their own ground and have a couple of million quid to spend in the January transfer window and was on a great two and a half year Championship Manager package join Coventry City who have probably the worst owners in football history, apart from Blackpool.

Users who are viewing this thread