Kelly (1 Viewer)

Mr Panda

I disagree completely. Kelly's age might be against him and his lack of pace too, but he is a decent footballer. As an example I would refer you to the 'unseen' video from a few games back where his finishing skills put all our current forwards to shame.

The video is impressive, sure. But in real game situations, particularly when we’re in possession is where you see his short comings. Sometimes when you’re under pressure you need someone who is going to be able to maintain possession against a press, Kelly isn’t that. There’s countless times where the ball would drop to Kelly and he’d opt for a first time lofted pass straight back to the opposing team - he doesn’t want to take a touch under pressure. You’ll see when he plays that our CBs, particularly last season would bypass him because there’s a recognition that in possession at this level he’s not that good.

On the other hand I do appreciate his off the ball abilities, which is why I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back against the better teams in this division where we won’t be expecting much of the ball.

Lati can look a little square peg in round hole sometimes in the middle of the park, but he’s entirely comfortable with the ball at his feet and you can trust him to recycle possession which I think is overlooked.

stupot07

Kelly in the Championship league games only.

2020/21 - 23 appearances
2021/22 - 16 appearances
2022/23 - 13 appearance (inc. play offs)
2023/24 - 8 appearances

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread