Kelly (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Another bit of rotation last night and still no appearance. Down to the bare bones, especially in midfield.

We were 4-1 up against Wednesday in the cup and it took him until the 85th minute to bring him on.

Robins really doesn't think he's at the level anymore, does he?

slowpoke

He's there if needed.
Another bit of rotation last night and still no appearance. Down to the bare bones, especially in midfield.

We were 4-1 up against Wednesday in the cup and it took him until the 85th minute to bring him on.

Robins really doesn't think he's at the level anymore, does he?
Why bring that up ? He is part of the squad not first eleven or even twelve or thirteen, but when he is picked or brought on he never lets us down, his last couple of games he was arguably m-o.m.

rob9872

I think it's more that Lati will be here next season and Robins trying to keep squad happy. Difficult one really as Lati was signed to be RCB of a 3 and in a 2 I think he's 4th choice behind Kitching, Thomas and Binks so trying to find a place for him.

skybluegod

Based on what?

Probably the fact that he has played 400+ games as a midfielder. Not the 20 that Lats has as a utility player there...

Also based on the end of last season, where he was key to a team that finished in the play offs. He'll be gone in summer, either way but we should defo be utilising him more.

skybluegod

I think it's more that Lati will be here next season and Robins trying to keep squad happy. Difficult one really as Lati was signed to be RCB of a 3 and in a 2 I think he's 4th choice behind Kitching, Thomas and Binks so trying to find a place for him.

Think you are spot on. Lati wasn't signed to sit on the bench waiting for injuries so it feels like we are trying to pigeonhole him in at times when the games may not suit it. He's competent in multiple positions which is great for the team but not necessarily him.

As much as some will disagree, he's not a midfielder and you can see the awkwardness when he gets it in certain spaces, although he can do a job. But he's also not going to get ahead of Milan at RB and not sure he gets ahead of the other 3 CB's consistently either.

Sky Blue Pete

Probably the fact that he has played 400+ games as a midfielder. Not the 20 that Lats has as a utility player there...

Also based on the end of last season, where he was key to a team that finished in the play offs. He'll be gone in summer, either way but we should defo be utilising him more.
You think robins cares about his performances last season?

Offhegoes

Strange regarding Kelly. He was terrible against Wrexham last season, but then when he came back into the team at the tail end of the season he was excellent. When he played earlier this season he was also decent. Surprised he hasn't had some minutes recently, espeically with Sheaf and then Allen getting injured. Still not convinced Lati offers more in CM than Kelly would.

larry_david

Strange regarding Kelly. He was terrible against Wrexham last season, but then when he came back into the team at the tail end of the season he was excellent. When he played earlier this season he was also decent. Surprised he hasn't had some minutes recently, espeically with Sheaf and then Allen getting injured. Still not convinced Lati offers more in CM than Kelly would.
Everyone was terrible against Wrexham.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

The thing he does offer is mobility. Kelly is a much better option as a holding midfielder, but he looks like he's running through treacle half the time

larry_david

Lati does a job, but he shouldn't be doing a job for more than 1-2 games in that role. There was a moment in the game on Wednesday he was trying to play a 45 yard split defence through ball...which of course went straight out of play.

Legia Sky Blue

We're a footballing side and Latibeaudiere is a better footballer than Kelly - I think it's that simple

I disagree completely. Kelly's age might be against him and his lack of pace too, but he is a decent footballer. As an example I would refer you to the 'unseen' video from a few games back where his finishing skills put all our current forwards to shame.

Hobo

I disagree completely. Kelly's age might be against him and his lack of pace too, but he is a decent footballer. As an example I would refer you to the 'unseen' video from a few games back where his finishing skills put all our current forwards to shame.

I am a big Kelly fan but you are deluded about his finishing ability. He has scored twice for us in about 57 league appearances. In fact he has only played 18 games at Championship level. Alright he is a DM but if his finishing was as good as you make out he would be the penalty taker.

Haji Wright 30 appearances and 10 goals in Championship, that is 1 in 3, that is decent by any standard.

skybluegod

I am a big Kelly fan but you are deluded about his finishing ability. He has scored twice for us in about 57 league appearances. In fact he has only played 18 games at Championship level. Alright he is a DM but if his finishing was as good as you make out he would be the penalty taker.

Haji Wright 30 appearances and 10 goals in Championship, that is 1 in 3, that is decent by any standard.

Sorry what? He's made 60 ish appearances in the champ for us.

Legia Sky Blue

You do know that I wasn't suggesting he play up front? I was simply responding to the post that Kelly is not a good footballer!

btw Kelly's penalty in the play off final suggests he would easily be up to taking penalties for us if ever needed.

Hobo

Sorry what? He's made 60 ish appearances in the champ for us.

Yes I stand corrected. They placed Championship in the middle of his appearances and I only counted the ones below, my mistake.

In my book he was responsible for getting us two promotions. I have always been a big Kelly fan. But we need to build for the future now and accept his appearances will be limited. If he was still the best option at the club, he would start every week.

Users who are viewing this thread