Keepers in championship (1 Viewer)

Harry_Walker

Wilson with the best clean sheet % in the division, only Woodman (Preston) has kept more but he has also done that in more game

Calista

I was on here praising him a few weeks ago, and I still don't think he deserved the criticism he has had during his time at CCFC. But he really isn't an elite keeper in this league. During this recent run of excellent clean sheets, he's been superbly protected by the defensive formation. He also seems to have a weird knack of getting strikers to hit the ball straight at him or just wide! If he gets a few smashed past him, I'm sure there will be another negative over- reaction. btw funnily enough, I like some of his distribution.

fatso

He has the best % clean sheets in the championship. The guy absolutely deserves the shirt, he is our no1 regardless of what the bedwetters say, he's set the record for clean sheets, no one can say he hasn't earnt his place.

stevefloyd

Erratic distribution at times only weakness right now.
Its not even erratic, even when he is under no pressure he is kicking the ball straight into touch but credit where its due with his contribution to clean sheets

Skybluedownunder

He has the best % clean sheets in the championship. The guy absolutely deserves the shirt, he is our no1 regardless of what the bedwetters say, he's set the record for clean sheets, no one can say he hasn't earnt his place.

He’s played 7 games less than the guy in 1st place though, harder to keep a clean sheet percentage over more matches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

His distribution is so bad though. It's not even a one off, he genuinely cannot pick someone out.

Skybluedownunder

Makes much more sense than number of clean sheets

It’s like saying a striker who’s played 5 games and scored 4 is better than a striker that’s played 20 and scored 15

You can’t predict over a longer duration of matches the player playing less games is going to deliver in comparison to somebody who has

Johhny Blue

It’s like saying a striker who’s played 5 games and scored 4 is better than a striker that’s played 20 and scored 15

You can’t predict over a longer duration of matches the player playing less games is going to deliver in comparison to somebody who has

What’s better? 75% or 80%?

Astute

He’s played 7 games less than the guy in 1st place though, harder to keep a clean sheet percentage over more matches

So what was his clean sheet % 6 games ago?

CDK

The one thing about ben now he is performing better than Moore who has been shit this season.

Sky Blue Pete

You’re all missing the point. There was some awful keeping in the championship today on the highlights. Truly horrific attempts at saving shots

Sick Boy

I was on here praising him a few weeks ago, and I still don't think he deserved the criticism he has had during his time at CCFC. But he really isn't an elite keeper in this league. During this recent run of excellent clean sheets, he's been superbly protected by the defensive formation. He also seems to have a weird knack of getting strikers to hit the ball straight at him or just wide! If he gets a few smashed past him, I'm sure there will be another negative over- reaction. btw funnily enough, I like some of his distribution.
Robins was fuming at him just before the final whistle for this distribution.

shmmeee

Fair play to him, took his opportunity and proving me wrong over the last couple of games.

It is worth noting though Reice Charles Cooks trajectory after breaking clean sheet records!

My concern is that these records come about because the team plays more defensively and when you need to take the shackles off the keepers weaknesses are exposed.

Brighton Sky Blue

My concern is that these records come about because the team plays more defensively and when you need to take the shackles off the keepers weaknesses are exposed.

To me it’s coming from getting the rub of the green from the woodwork while also working bloody hard to protect the goalkeeper. They’re busting a gut for each other to keep the goal out of trouble and so really the whole team should be getting credit for it rather than just Wilson. Who has done what he’s needed to do just fine, except kick with vague accuracy

Users who are viewing this thread