Keepers in championship (1 Viewer)

stupot07

My concern is that these records come about because the team plays more defensively and when you need to take the shackles off the keepers weaknesses are exposed.
To me it’s coming from getting the rub of the green from the woodwork while also working bloody hard to protect the goalkeeper. They’re busting a gut for each other to keep the goal out of trouble and so really the whole team should be getting credit for it rather than just Wilson. Who has done what he’s needed to do just fine, except kick with vague accuracy
The concern for me is a bit of both. Amazing record with his cleansheets but out of those how many have we as a team had the rub of the green (hitting wood work, etc) and how many actual match winning saves has he made? The cleansheets are very much down to the team being far more defensive and stopping teams having many clear cut shots rather than Wilsons performance. Hes done well, but has rarely been tested.

As we bring O'Hare back in and transition back to a more attacking team that will expose our deficiencies at the back, which means Wilson will be under more pressure.

You need a bit of luck, but we have made it with being as defensively sound as we can be.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

The concern for me is a bit of both. Amazing record with his cleansheets but out of those how many have we as a team had the rub of the green (hitting wood work, etc) and how many actual match winning saves has he made? The cleansheets are very much down to the team being far more defensive and stopping teams having many clear cut shots rather than Wilsons performance. Hes done well, but has rarely been tested.

As we bring O'Hare back in and transition back to a more attacking team that will expose our deficiencies at the back, which means Wilson will be under more pressure.

You need a bit of luck, but we have made it with being as defensively sound as we can be.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think for away games we should carry on using this kind of setup but without the sloppiness on the ball. At home I don't know-we'd probably find ourselves getting sucker punched if we went more attacking, which happened a lot last season. Rotherham will certainly look to keep it tight and hit on the break, which I'm wary of walking into.

Evo1883

Fair play to him, took his opportunity and proving me wrong over the last couple of games.

It is worth noting though Reice Charles Cooks trajectory after breaking clean sheet records!

You're quite good with stats , how many shots has he faced ? Can't be too many

Sky Blue Harry H

Testimony to the team's ethic. This has been achieved by a team out of form, missing some of its better players and cut adrift at the bottom of the table. To manage such a run in those circumstances is even more remarkable. True grit (John Wayne style)

Sky Blue Pete

Think somebody posted the xG for the shots he's faced in the last 3 games is 0.35, so that's hardly any in high likelihood of scoring range

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Shots have all been wide or straight at him
At some point he may make a mistake but the longer it lasts without one the better for us as a team

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Shots have all been wide or straight at him
At some point he may make a mistake but the longer it lasts without one the better for us as a team
Oh, without question. Long may it continue. No one wants to see him make a mistake, but I think people are getting carried away with how good he has been based on his clean sheets which is a bit misleading to performance as he has had very, very little to do (a credit to the team with how well we have defended). No doubt, there will be 'Wilson out!' threads the moment he puts a foot wrong.

Fergusons_Beard

Think somebody posted the xG for the shots he's faced in the last 3 games is 0.35, so that's hardly any in high likelihood of scoring range

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Down to the set up Fernando.

We’re playing with a flat back 5 and unlike last season, the wing backs don’t go much further than the halfway line.

A very defensive set up considering we’ve been playing with 2 up front for most of our games.

We don’t take risks in playing out of defence from goal kicks and we have every player back at corners too.

Stats wise what’s interesting is compared to last year where we were near the top of the table for creating chances and XG but had a poor XGa (chances Against). This season our XG is nowhere near as good but as we are very defensive our XGa is very low. Getting men behind the ball means teams having to take high percentage shots.

If you look at Stoke’s chances in the first half even the header that hit the bar although in the box there it was hit within a melee of players. Same for Tariqu Fosu’s shots all outside the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread