Keeper (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

He's a liability , I think we would have scraped into the top 6 without his bloopers. Must be better out there, even for our wages.

SkyBlueCRJ

Westwood is by far the best keeper we’ve had since dropping out the prem.

How we let his contract run down I'll never know. Fair enough him moving onto a Premier League club (at the time) but to let him leave for nothing was the biggest travesty. Joins the likes of Gunnarsson, Fleck, King and Christie in players we should've tied down sooner. Sometimes that's football but in that 2-3 year period the club had a horrible habit of letting contracts run out. Westwood has been immense since his return back into the Wednesday side though and still one of the best goalkeepers in that division in my opinion, which says a lot about his pedigree. One of the few ex-Coventry players in recent years I can genuinely say I'd love to have back at the club (if wages weren't an issue obviously).

kg82

How we let his contract run down I'll never know. Fair enough him moving onto a Premier League club (at the time) but to let him leave for nothing was the biggest travesty. Joins the likes of Gunnarsson, Fleck, King and Christie in players we should've tied down sooner. Sometimes that's football but in that 2-3 year period the club had a horrible habit of letting contracts run out. Westwood has been immense since his return back into the Wednesday side though and still one of the best goalkeepers in that division in my opinion, which says a lot about his pedigree. One of the few ex-Coventry players in recent years I can genuinely say I'd love to have back at the club (if wages weren't an issue obviously).

Absolutely agreed with everything there.

Terry Gibson's perm

Let some decent players contracts and Fleck run out but extended David Bell’s

better days

Don't know about other players mentioned but Fleck was made the best offer the club could afford and we really tried to keep him
Unfortunately he got a much bigger offer from Sheffield United

Gazolba

The player I wish we still had the most is David McGoldrick.

Adge

The player I wish we still had the most is David McGoldrick.
Can’t believe that Ipswich let him go to Sheff Utd and now because of the lack of goal scoring amongst other things have gone down.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think had he had more competition behind him, he’d have lost his place long before now. Addai wasn’t going to offer that and imo was purely stepped up to make up the numbers on the bench and very last resort

Like last season, we had keepers rotating after each made a balls up or two. We’ve not had that option this year

Would be interesting to know why obrien has been unavailable for so much of the season? Don’t think that’s ever been shared has it? And on that subject I do think he would have been crucified if he’d made the same errors Burge has, but then again he’s not got the protective ‘Cov kid’ status

I didn’t agree with the mid game ironic cheers towards Burge but I can’t defend that he’s not had the best of seasons

Said last year he’d found his level

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It’s madness I tell you yep. So is blaming Burge for the first goal on Saturday. Second yep and the punch. That’s all I mean. I’m happy his confidence is shot and he is very unlikely to be retained. However with the same budget I wonder what level of keeper will replace him. I like to stand up for the person who’s being badly treated and I am overly supportive but I’m not blind to his limitations

I’d say if we’d treated him badly we wouldn’t have kept him on past his 16th birthday? I think we’ve been quite generous as a Club, overly generous of anything, by keeping him as log as we have!

We’ve seen it with too many academy graduates keeping them on the books hoping one day they will come good.

Sky Blue Pete

I think had he had more competition behind him, he’d have lost his place long before now. Addai wasn’t going to offer that and imo was purely stepped up to make up the numbers on the bench and very last resort

Like last season, we had keepers rotating after each made a balls up or two. We’ve not had that option this year

Would be interesting to know why obrien has been unavailable for so much of the season? Don’t think that’s ever been shared has it? And on that subject I do think he would have been crucified if he’d made the same errors Burge has, but then again he’s not got the protective ‘Cov kid’ status

I didn’t agree with the mid game ironic cheers towards Burge but I can’t defend that he’s not had the best of seasons

Said last year he’d found his level
He had an excellent start to the season. Went down hill after Walsall

Sky Blue Pete

I’d say if we’d treated him badly we wouldn’t have kept him on past his 16th birthday? I think we’ve been quite generous as a Club, overly generous of anything, by keeping him as log as we have!

We’ve seen it with too many academy graduates keeping them on the books hoping one day they will come good.
He was league 2 keeper of the season. Did you see de gea the last few games

larry_david

Tbf to Pete here, burge was turning the corner and the consensus on here was that finally, people's hearts weren't in their mouths every time the ball went near him. Unfortunately that lasted about 7 games

Nick

Administrator
Tbf to Pete here, burge was turning the corner and the consensus on here was that finally, people's hearts weren't in their mouths every time the ball went near him. Unfortunately that lasted about 7 games
His kicking improved but his handling was about the same.

Grendel

Burge set the bar so low for himself any sign of remotely looking like a goalkeeper elevated him to international class in some people’s eyes.

Pete was the same with that other dire excuse for a footballer Haynes - now a bench warmer at a club lower than us

skybluebeast

Burge set the bar so low for himself any sign of remotely looking like a goalkeeper elevated him to international class in some people’s eyes.

Pete was the same with that other dire excuse for a footballer Haynes - now a bench warmer at a club lower than us
Pete knows a footballer when he sees one.

Sky Blue Pete

Max did ok despite being denigrated by you

Buster

As a shot stopper ,dont think Burge overall is a bad keeper. When it comes to commanding the box he gets sussed out every week . Its an art that comes with confidence and a certain amount of timber

Users who are viewing this thread