Keep mcgoldrick at all costs! (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Another goal today, we cannot allow this man to slip through our hands like with did with king. Break the bank sisu to get him or else we do not have a hope in he'll of getting out of the league.

wingy

It won't be a break the bank fee Stu,but he's gonna be getting some very good offers from teams higher than us :(

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm worried at who will score the goals when he leaves, Mcgoldrick and Wood are the only two players to have scored for Robins in the league

Yorkshire SB

Be surprised if we could afford McGoldrick's wages or the transfer fee. Not to mention the fact a better club may come knocking. Only if he runs down his contract and takes a big pay cut will be stay with us!

RichieGunns

As it has already been stated (in previous threads about Goldie), Forest don't want him back.

His loan is a means to an end. They put him out there so other clubs (and the loan club) can have a look at him.

it means Forest can keep using their own strikers (which hasn't gone so well so far) and don't have to waste valuable game time on Goldie etc.

I'm sure we've already spoken to them about a perminant deal but the fact we may not be able to afford the fee + wages will probably be our downfall.

Plus Fisher apparantly told a load of fans after the forum a few months back that Goldie isn't staying longer than January, not sure though if he gave a concret reason for why they wont try to keep him other than the aformentioned money issues etc

Only thing we can hope for is that (A) The fee Forest are looking for isn't as earth shattering as many of us fear, (B) That Goldie likes it enough here that he's wiling to drop his wages to stay & (C) That other clubs aren't interested in obtaining his services and even if they were, Goldie would want to come to us rather than someone else!

Hopefully Robins has made it abundantly clear to SISU and the board that without Goldie's services, our season will not go as they would like it too (which to fair it has already gone tits up so Robin's keeping Goldie is a form of damage control in itself!)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Wasn't it the same with Norwood? Fans wanted to keep him but he had to go.:facepalm:

RichieGunns

Wasn't it the same with Norwood? Fans wanted to keep him but he had to go.:facepalm:

Very true! Though im sure i remember reading a story about Thorn wanting to get Norwood on a perminant but because of the transfer embargo (Damn you SISU and your stupid holding up of your accounts!!!) he couldn't come so he went somewhere else!

It was the same situation with Colins too. I mean he was all set to come to us and ended up at Swindon because of the embargo!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Very true! Though im sure i remember reading a story about Thorn wanting to get Norwood on a perminant but because of the transfer embargo (Damn you SISU and your stupid holding up of your accounts!!!) he couldn't come so he went somewhere else!

It was the same situation with Colins too. I mean he was all set to come to us and ended up at Swindon because of the embargo!
Norwood said Coventry didn't make an offer for him or something like that on twitter just after he had signed for Huddersfield

Paxman II

It's a bit of a conundrum tbh.

Forest say they are not very interested in having him back and offering him another contract - though the player himself is still open to the idea.
he will be out of contract next summer so he is able to sign a 'pre-contract' with us or any other club at the moment and thus making the position with Forest clear. The reason this can't happen now is Forest are paying his wage bill (or the vast majority of it, as an investment to loan him out) If he signed a pre contract they would most likely tear up or have a clause to end his current contract early and therefore leave us with a big wage on our hands.
The player could agree to tear up his current contract in January, terminating it early and sign for us and a new contracted wage and be happy to stay. However Forest would not do that while there is a chance that a fee of any sort could be got for him.
Other clubs will see his form and probably make a bid to sign him in January. Sheffield Utd must surely be favourites as they are doing well without scoring many, so he looks a perfect fit to push them on. Other clubs are less likely to be more attractive than us and hopefully we will be nearing the top 6 or there abouts in January so he would surely wish to stay where he is at a 'big club' with potentially much bigger potential to go forwward.
So we won't offer anything until January and then if he is till banging them in we will compete with the likes of Sheff Utd for a signature.
Lets not forget the fair play rules too. We can take him without any ill affects others can't.
So logically MR is quietly not panicking and there is every chance we could get his signature come January. Forest will need a fee but that can't be high with such a short length left on his Forest contract and may well be finding a wage the player will be happy with.
Shipping a couple out off our own wage bill will make it even easier.

stupot07

To be fair Norwood also turned down an offer from Barnsley.

I imagine the reason we didn't offer him a deal was because we were under the embargo, but he would have probably opted for a championship club anyway

stupot07

at the very least we MUST extend the loan until end of season

I can't see them sending him back out on loan unless they fail to sell him in January which means they won't agree any loan deal (unless a big loan fee is attached) until the loan window opens again in Feb

ccfc_Tom

Maybe we'll hit form and rise up the table and be able to lure him here with the better league position.

Gaz

I can honestly see him ending up at Notts county.

Gint11

McGoldrick has already proved he will get goals in this league. Nottm Forest manager has already said he doesnt want him back, almost mocking him saying 'well hes getting goals but it is league 1'.
I dont honestly see the fee or wages being out of our reach, the problem will be if a struggling championship side goes for him, then we have no chance. The whole Norwood thing is rubbish talk. End of the day a team in a divison higher and possibly on the up wanted him. That is all

RichieGunns

I can honestly see him ending up at Notts county.

Yeh i've been thinking this since Notts County's manager singled him out for praise...im sure he said he'd love to have him at the club.

I could see this being where he'll end up (if SISU don't pull their fingers out of their arses) as he lives in Nottingham and its only an hours drive (i believe) from where he lives to their training ground.

Still hoping we get him though!

coventry&stuff

I imagine Robins will be allowed to strengthen come January, and since Goldie is pretty much one of a few putting in a shift he'll look to at the least extend the loan.

pusbccfc

How about we go round with buckets before the game and everyone puts a tenner in and we should have a small fraction of what we need to get him! :D;)

Mucca Mad Boys

It won't be a break the bank fee Stu,but he's gonna be getting some very good offers from teams higher than us :(

I doubt that, unproven at Championship and out of contract in 6mths (in jan) so we could get him on a nominal fee (prob 150-200k max) the biggest problem is... Whether he wants to stay.

On a separate note, I think Waggott's comments have to be put to 1 side now, I don't think he or any of us, anticipated how good (so far anyway) he has been, and I think if SISU are serious (which they may be) they will sign him at all costs.

stupot07

I doubt that, unproven at Championship and out of contract in 6mths (in jan) so we could get him on a nominal fee (prob 150-200k max) the biggest problem is... Whether he wants to stay.

On a separate note, I think Waggott's comments have to be put to 1 side now, I don't think he or any of us, anticipated how good (so far anyway) he has been, and I think if SISU are serious (which they may be) they will sign him at all costs.

To be fair Austin, Cody, Le Fondre, etc were unproven ad Championship level but were still snapped up by Championship clubs. If he continues scoring at the rate he is, then at least 1 bottom half championship club will be interested in picking him up for a pittance.

Grendel

To be fair Austin, Cody, Le Fondre, etc were unproven ad Championship level but were still snapped up by Championship clubs. If he continues scoring at the rate he is, then at least 1 bottom half championship club will be interested in picking him up for a pittance.

Definately. People forget that he was a pretty promising player at Southampton. Forest could just be a blip. We paid £400k for McDonald. Someone in the championship will make an offer. We as a club have to have a relacement identified as the reserve strike force is poor.

Users who are viewing this thread