Keep mcgoldrick at all costs! (1 Viewer)

Astute

Plus Fisher apparantly told a load of fans after the forum a few months back that Goldie isn't staying longer than January, not sure though if he gave a concret reason for why they wont try to keep him other than the aformentioned money issues etc

'Relegation was our fault. We will give AT a chance of getting us promoted'

'Whoever is appointed as our next manager will have to work with the present backroom staff and will not be able to bring any more players in'

What they say and what they do are not always the same. Are they ever the same?

psgm1

Banned
Not the remotest of remote chances McGoldrick will sign for Cov. Assuming he is surplus to requirements at Forest, they are NOT going to do a cov and get nothing for him. So he WILL be sold come Jan. Now considering he has only a few months left on his current deal, its almost a given there will be a bidding war - and when was the last time SISU won in one of those! So he WILL be gone come Jan.

That means we are relying on Robins ability to find a proven goalscorer available in jan for free - I suspect an impossible task. Which only leaves the current strike force until May.

McGoldrick through his goals has given cov half their current points tally.

League 2 here we come :(

Oh nearly forgot, just to add to the frustration - Coventry City are 17points off top place on League 1 - Coventry City have dropped 16 points from winning positions! In other words, had they done their jobs properly, cov would be 1 point off top!

psgm1

Banned
'Relegation was our fault. We will give AT a chance of getting us promoted'

'Whoever is appointed as our next manager will have to work with the present backroom staff and will not be able to bring any more players in'

What they say and what they do are not always the same. Are they ever the same?

You really haven't a clue have you! AT WAS given more than a fair crack of the whip. He was allowed the opportunity to sign effectively an entire first team in the summer!

NOT ONE of AT's signings was good enough. He bought a team based around long ball, not thinking that the target man was not exactly the tallest player in the world!

He turned up drunk to training, and when he couldn't be bothered, or a senior player didn't turn up - he would call off training! Fine for sunday league / kids football, scandalous for a pro!

The only thing that frustrates me about his sacking, was that they didn't do it earlier!

I cannot believe there are people so thick, with so little a clue of how football works that after all the evidence - they STILL back Thorn!

I have to take my hat off to you. You are so blinkered and clueless, life must be brilliant - as they say ignorance is bliss!

1nilandwe...

You really haven't a clue have you! AT WAS given more than a fair crack of the whip. He was allowed the opportunity to sign effectively an entire first team in the summer!

NOT ONE of AT's signings was good enough. He bought a team based around long ball, not thinking that the target man was not exactly the tallest player in the world!

He turned up drunk to training, and when he couldn't be bothered, or a senior player didn't turn up - he would call off training! Fine for sunday league / kids football, scandalous for a pro!

The only thing that frustrates me about his sacking, was that they didn't do it earlier!

I cannot believe there are people so thick, with so little a clue of how football works that after all the evidence - they STILL back Thorn!

I have to take my hat off to you. You are so blinkered and clueless, life must be brilliant - as they say ignorance is bliss!

I'm pretty sure you're jumping on his back without actually listening to what he is saying. The point is that SISU aren't known for keeping their word, whether you like Thorn or not.

Actually, before I go on, is this a wind-up, or have you actually got some sort of disorder where the mere mention of Thorn sets you off on an angry tantrum? Because, like it or not, it's difficult to tell the difference.

RichieGunns

I have to echo what others have said...

Astute wasn't backing Thorn...he was using geniun quotes by Fisher and Waggott to show that what they say and what they do are two different things.

A fair crack at the whip in my view means 6 months and deciding whether that person stays based on what has happened over that period of time. They gave Thorn 3 games so really that isn't a fair crack at the whip is it.

So next time PSGM1 read the post (plus the previous few) before posting. It might save you making a fool of yourself ;)

Astute

Not the remotest of remote chances McGoldrick will sign for Cov. Assuming he is surplus to requirements at Forest, they are NOT going to do a cov and get nothing for him. So he WILL be sold come Jan. Now considering he has only a few months left on his current deal, its almost a given there will be a bidding war - and when was the last time SISU won in one of those! So he WILL be gone come Jan.

That means we are relying on Robins ability to find a proven goalscorer available in jan for free - I suspect an impossible task. Which only leaves the current strike force until May.

McGoldrick through his goals has given cov half their current points tally.

League 2 here we come :(

Oh nearly forgot, just to add to the frustration - Coventry City are 17points off top place on League 1 - Coventry City have dropped 16 points from winning positions! In other words, had they done their jobs properly, cov would be 1 point off top!

You are worse than SISU with your lies. You said you were dunping CCFC and never coming on here because I never agree with what you say. You said I had cost our club a season ticket holder whilst complaining how much it cost you to buy a ticket for a game.

Thanks everyone else for having the ability to read and understand ;)

Steve.B50

Forget signing McGoldrick, we cannot afford him and low teams in the Championship will offer more. Lets just enjoy him till January, he is enjoying playing for us and am sure he wants to stay but its not going to happen
SISU are full of crap and they do not care about Coventry.

Astute

Nobody knows what will happen with McGoldrick other than himself. If he wants to stay and we can afford a wage he is happy with then he will be our player.....but maybe not from Jan until the end of the season. Forest can't sell him if he don't want to be sold to a club that puts an offer in. He can sign a pre contract agreement in Jan. If he did would Forest be happy to continue paying him to do nothing, send him on loan again to help with his wages or just let him join? We could even offer a token amount to keep him.

If we continue to be near the bottom of the table would he want to join us? If his goals send us up the table would he want to leave?

Covstu

Well he has said he wants to stay and enjoying his time here but it will all come down to cash, if county or another club maybe in the chamionship come I for him, there will be nothing we can do even if we could match his wages.

I think the only thing is that he is a big fish in a small pond at the moment but that will only last a month or so more before he looks for greener pastures

stupot07

At the very least we will be at forest from Jan 2nd until the first week of Feb, Forest will want to give themselves every opportunity to sell him.

Out of interest how many players sign pre contract agreements in Jan? I can't remember any of our out of contract player doing it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Forget signing McGoldrick, we cannot afford him and low teams in the Championship will offer more. Lets just enjoy him till January, he is enjoying playing for us and am sure he wants to stay but its not going to happen
SISU are full of crap and they do not care about Coventry.

IF (and it is a big if, i realise) we do pull this one off, would that mean SISU arent crap and do care about the club?

WillieStanley

IF (and it is a big if, i realise) we do pull this one off, would that mean SISU arent crap and do care about the club?

We'll ask Jan if it happens. He'll be able to tell us the REAL reason we signed him.

I'm resigned to just enjoying his goals whilst they're here. As much as I'd like to think he'll stay, I keep thinking of the last fan favourite who loved it here... Mr Keogh!!

Sutty

At the very least we will be at forest from Jan 2nd until the first week of Feb, Forest will want to give themselves every opportunity to sell him.

Out of interest how many players sign pre contract agreements in Jan? I can't remember any of our out of contract player doing it.

I think the Bosman rule only applies if you're moving to another country, so we wouldn't be able to agree a deal with McGoldrick, for example.

wingy

What utter Tripe ,The notion that AT cancelled training,was a Pisshead ,was running a team without a fitness coach for half a season all this from one post from a stranger on the Internet on here.Where was Harrison while this was going on,the very same AT that froze out an unfit Fat Freddy.:facepalm:

wingy

I think the Bosman rule only applies if you're moving to another country, so we wouldn't be able to agree a deal with McGoldrick, for example.
Was Clingan going to this with Leeds or was Grayson just looking to sign him in Jan?

Sutty

Was Clingan going to this with Leeds or was Grayson just looking to sign him in Jan?

Must have been to sign him in January.

Pretty sure you can only sign a pre-contract with another domestic team in the last month of your existing contract.

Users who are viewing this thread