Transfer Rumour Kayden Jackson (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

Watching Brentford last night, I was thinking about pace. Some of their passing was beautiful, and cut through the defence to players who were just in the right position, so pace really didn't matter. And then, towards the end when legs were tired, they played a couple of defence splitting balls just past the halfway line and the quicker players would gallop onto it. Pace gives a few extra options, and we aren't blessed with the quickest players right now.

Magwitch

One of our biggest assets is our passing all over the pitch, how many chances did Hawula miss from good well worked positions if this Jackson has blistering pace and can finish he might dovetail into our team well.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think some pace would be well needed, and I'm not sure our formation we used last season is attacking enough for The Championship. Anyway, here are his stats:

1596113877429.png

kg82

He’s a good player wouldn’t be coming here to sit on the bench. Would be an upgrade on Bakayoko and Biamou and possibly Godden too
Not sure. We’ve heard he can’t play as the lone striker, which is what we played with last season. We know Godden can do that. I’d imagine we’d at least start the season with the same formation. He sounds like he’d be an option if we then want to change it. But, I’m no Robins, so all that is just guessing!

cc84cov

Not sure. We’ve heard he can’t play as the lone striker, which is what we played with last season. We know Godden can do that. I’d imagine we’d at least start the season with the same formation. He sounds like he’d be an option if we then want to change it. But, I’m no Robins, so all that is just guessing!
We heard that with Chaplin also hopefully if we do sign him we use him correct just can’t see us going 2 up front maybe he could be good on a roll behind when needed with O’Hare behind Godden

shmmeee

If we’re going two up I’d keep Baka and Max as well as bringing someone in. Still not convinced it’s worth it as more than an option but didn’t we play that way against Brum in the cup?

mark82

It's nonsense to say anyone can't play as a lone striker. It's the system that will define that.

superskyblue

We have played two up top a little last year, mainly Max and Baka together. If your two strikers are hard workers, then you don't lose much compared to the box formation.

fernandopartridge

I find the writing off of players based on how many they scored a couple of seasons ago pretty odd, especially as we are not really in the market for an absolutely finished article. You sign attributes not historical records.

larry_david

A year ago if we'd signed him to lead our promotion charge we'd be happy. Now we're not happy with him helping our survival? Doesn't really make sense. Look at it another way we're taking better players from the big guns in the league below, we are growing in stature again!

SlowerThanPlatt

He’s better than Bakayoko and Biamou but wouldn’t pay a significant fee for him if that’s what they want. You would think there would be a similar calibre of a player available on a free

junglej13

Peterborough also interested in him and could have the sales proceeds from Ivan Toney to boost their hand.

mr_monkey

The biggest thing with him is that apparently he is rapid which is something we are desperately lacking upfront

Magwitch

A year ago if we'd signed him to lead our promotion charge we'd be happy. Now we're not happy with him helping our survival? Doesn't really make sense. Look at it another way we're taking better players from the big guns in the league below, we are growing in stature again!
What survival ?

Users who are viewing this thread