Transfer Rumour Kayden Jackson (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

Ok, in the pub tonight and a guy I know quite well (Massive ITFC fan, ST holder, runs a social club down there or something) comes over to tell me that Coventry are in ongoing talks to sign this fella, don’t know much about him tbh but just repeating what I’ve been told.
For what it’s worth this guy thinks he’s half decent and would do well at a better ball playing team than ITFC currently are.
Maybe better days and co have heard something.

Brylowes

Was OK at Accrington but has he done much at Ipswich?
Honestly no idea Nick, the fella who told me is a good lad who does have close connections
with ITFC, he told me they were signing McGoldrick from 2 weeks before they did.
He also got me and my brother our 1987 FA Cup final tickets :D courtesy of ITFC .

skyblueelephant76

We almost signed Jackson before he went to Accrington. He wasn't great in the championship with Ipswich, think League One is more his level.

cc84cov

Couldn’t find too much recently

Attachments

• D6A178AB-03C3-4196-A4FA-5A1F47E2F2B7.png
    D6A178AB-03C3-4196-A4FA-5A1F47E2F2B7.png
    577.7 KB · Views: 119

Brylowes

Chaplin Mk2

giphy.gif

Roulette

I know it’s only going by YouTube clips and a couple of times I’ve seen him play but he looks pretty decent. A bit of a poacher - godden with pace

cc84cov

I know it’s only going by YouTube clips and a couple of times I’ve seen him play but he looks pretty decent. A bit of a poacher - godden with pace
I thought he looked like similar to Godden with pace in clips I’ve seen

Brylowes

Called him this morning and it seems there’s been an enquiry from us to find out his availability but he
doesn’t know anymore than that atm.
He definitely seemed more gung-ho about it all last night with a belly full of beer in him :unsure:funny that.

if I hear anything more I’ll post it up.

Levship20

Ok, in the pub tonight and a guy I know quite well (Massive ITFC fan, ST holder, runs a social club down there or something) comes over to tell me that Coventry are in ongoing talks to sign this fella, don’t know much about him tbh but just repeating what I’ve been told.
For what it’s worth this guy thinks he’s half decent and would do well at a better ball playing team than ITFC currently are.
I live down this way and go to see ITFC on the odd occasion with family and I can tell you he is shit!!! However, that might be lamberts set up as he is lightning... so for me 50/50

Brylowes

I live down this way and go to see ITFC on the odd occasion with family and I can tell you he is shit!!! However, that might be lamberts set up as he is lightning... so for me 50/50
Yep, that’s basically what I was told ‘Square peg in a round hole’ with his pace and eye for goal,
if Robins thinks he’d suit our style of play it could be a good signing at a bargain price.
How long does he have left on his contract ?

skyblueelephant76

Yep, that’s basically what I was told ‘Square peg in a round hole’ with his pace and eye for goal,
if Robins thinks he’d suit our style of play it could be a good signing at a bargain price.
How long does he have left on his contract ?
He's got one year plus an extra year option

cc84cov

I used to jump on these threads slagging players off I had hardly seen...

Now I have faith in robins seeing something in a player most players react to good man management.

Magwitch

I suspect he is one of Ipswich’s higher earners and with wage caps possibly on the way
I’d rephrase that it’s Ipswich, their set up and manager who are shit.

Frostie

He was a different player with 2 up front.

I am sure in one game he was effectively centre midfield and it was shocking.

Yeah, he played far too deep, not really suited to our style of play but clearly a talented player. Selling on to Barnsley for profit was a good move for all parties.

Interestingly re: Kayden Jackson, similar thing has been levelled at him in the past; that he can't play as a lone striker which again wouldn't suit our current system.
Although tbf, he's playing under Lambert at a shambles of a club currently so it could be down to their tactics.

ITFCFan123

100% some weight to this. Our Journalists are now confirming he has turned down his new contract. FWIW he is a good league one striker, he was pony in the championship, maybe a good option off the bench, can play on the wing? Lighting fast. But he shouldn't be a first choice striker for a team that wants to stay up.

mr_monkey

100% some weight to this. Our Journalists are now confirming he has turned down his new contract. FWIW he is a good league one striker, he was pony in the championship, maybe a good option off the bench, can play on the wing? Lighting fast. But he shouldn't be a first choice striker for a team that wants to stay up.

Lighting fast sounds good though, that's something our current strikers are lacking, he wouldn't be first choice if he came here but sounds like a good option to have

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, he played far too deep, not really suited to our style of play but clearly a talented player. Selling on to Barnsley for profit was a good move for all parties.

Interestingly re: Kayden Jackson, similar thing has been levelled at him in the past; that he can't play as a lone striker which again wouldn't suit our current system.
Although tbf, he's playing under Lambert at a shambles of a club currently so it could be down to their tactics.

Ipswich had that tall lanky bloke, he was fairly decent in the air. Seemed to cause us issues.

cc84cov

Man management could be a factor along with styles of play etc fully trust our Gaffer in seeing something if we do make a move for him.

cc84cov

Fits what we need has an eye for goal & is lightening quick,gives us that option we don’t have currently - pace

Users who are viewing this thread