Kastaneer (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

After Kastaneer signing I would be letting Chris Badlan go has he made any successful signings from his work ? Pointless waste of a wage if you ask me.

topcat

I don’t get how robins a former striker played under Sir Alex doesn’t get pissed of wirh Baka’s movement or lack of ? Constantly the ball is with a full back the diagonal is on but it gets played inside and he just stands there surely the run across the defensive line is a must leaving gaps for the midfield etc to bomb on ? It’s so amateur to see I don’t get how robins is happy with this his comments about Baka performance on Saturday were worrying surely he needs to be working the defenders with constantly working the line & channels ?
Maybe he does get pissed off with lack movement, poor positioning etc. He isn't going to tell us and I wouldn't expect him to. I hope he's had a word or two with Baka

cc84cov

Maybe he does get pissed off with lack movement, poor positioning etc. He isn't going to tell us and I wouldn't expect him to. I hope he's had a word or two with Baka
He was happy wth it pre Match interview on the radio mate

stevefloyd

I watched him last night and I probably saw him do one good thing in the first half down the left where he showed a tremendous turn of pace.
But that was it.
Having said that, due to his size and the power he must possess to go with it there is something telling me to give him a chance.
We tend to write off players too early at city.

Plus not to forget that outstanding goal he scored in the first team, I can’t remember who it was against and I was flamin there!!
Brizzel

mark82

Problem is I think with most players struggling you can see it in them and it’s one of them where you say he will come good,with Kastaneer I haven’t seen anything to suggest that the goal he scored he struck it well 9 times out of ten they miss the target he got lucky what had he done since then ? Struggled at under 21 & 23 level & again last night against non league,hopefully he proves us all wrong but like Baka I don’t see him becoming a main stay in the team bar ay injuries etc...one thing for me is he doesn’t seem to want to get fit I know robins will not tolerate this and rightly so.

Doncaster?

mark82

After Kastaneer signing I would be letting Chris Badlan go has he made any successful signings from his work ? Pointless waste of a wage if you ask me.

Bright was one of his. I'd say that was successful. None of this year's signings have really had enough time to write them off yet.
Rose looks pretty good.
Dabo looks good.
Jobello looked like he was developing into the team when he got injured.
Godden looked good at times before injury.
Allen has been injured.
O'Hare has looked good, he adds something.
Pask has been injured.
Walsh now looking good.
Marosi is the best keeper we've had in some time.
Wilson looks a decent backup.
Watson is just an emergency backup, and looks ok considering.
McFadzean has been undoubtedly disappointing.
Kasteneer has been disappointing (but has also been injured).

Not really been that bad. Not sure why you'd be calling for his head.

cc84cov

Bright was one of his. I'd say that was successful. None of this year's signings have really had enough time to write them off yet.
Rose looks pretty good.
Dabo looks good.
Jobello looked like he was developing into the team when he got injured.
Godden looked good at times before injury.
Allen has been injured.
O'Hare has looked good, he adds something.
Pask has been injured.
Walsh now looking good.
Marosi is the best keeper we've had in some time.
Wilson looks a decent backup.
Watson is just an emergency backup, and looks ok considering.
McFadzean has been undoubtedly disappointing.
Kasteneer has been disappointing (but has also been injured).

Not really been that bad. Not sure why you'd be calling for his head.
Thought Badlan is european scout he brought Jobello & Kastaneer not sure why you’ve posted all summer signings ?

mark82

Yes I’ve just looked it up your correct mate i must of read previous role at Norwich was European...I agree I’m happy with most signings bar Kastaneer I think we’ve done far better with summer recruiting than previous seasons

Kasteneer has definitely been disappointing because he sounded as though he'd be exciting. Still time yet, there have been (very small) glimpses against Bristol Rovers and Doncaster. I hope he comes good. I don't think the formation change has helped him, to be fair. Think it's stopped him getting a run of games that he maybe needs.

The one that disappoints me more than anything is McFadzean. He's not been a total disaster, but I thought he'd come in and be a bit of a rock at the back. He's been at fault for a lot of our conceded goals and some of his decision making in the box has been dreadful for an experienced player.

SkyBlueDom26

The one that disappoints me more than anything is McFadzean. He's not been a total disaster, but I thought he'd come in and be a bit of a rock at the back. He's been at fault for a lot of our conceded goals and some of his decision making in the box has been dreadful for an experienced player.

Hopefully he cuts the stupid mistakes out because he will be the key experienced head in our back 3, an important player

Briles

I've reserved Judgment on Kastaneer, but I do think he will be a useful weapon. He shows glimpses of raw power, quick feet and he is rapid for such a big bloke. He strikes me as a temperamental player whom may need to adapt to life in this country in general before he adapts to the football. I have faith that Robins can get the best out of him.

stevefloyd

As I have said before, Bergkamp didn't look anything special when he first came here but he certainly improved, I know Kastaneer isn't in the same league as Bergkamp before anyone mentions it! Trouble with Kastaneer is he don't seem to have the ball under control half the time and usually ends up losing it and obviously needs to get fit but Robins don't seem to be getting the minutes into him that he needs and as we seen on Saturday gives a young kid his debut rather than trust Kasta albeit in a different position

ccfcway

Agree he disappointed. MR would have bought him in to be club captain. As it stands, I’d rather drysdale or Williams in the team

hill83

As I have said before, Bergkamp didn't look anything special when he first came here but he certainly improved, I know Kastaneer isn't in the same league as Bergkamp before anyone mentions it! Trouble with Kastaneer is he don't seem to have the ball under control half the time and usually ends up losing it and obviously needs to get fit but Robins don't seem to be getting the minutes into him that he needs and as we seen on Saturday gives a young kid his debut rather than trust Kasta albeit in a different position

I've had a hell of a lot of beers since Bergkamp was about so my memory could be hazy, but I have no recollection of him playing for us.

hill83

1553780212madness.jpg

cc84cov

Just don't agree at all. Yes he's made mistakes but overall at the moment he's a much better option than either of those 2. In my opinion.
Have to agree he’s ahead of the other 2 at present but needs to cut these stupid mistakes out ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread