Kastaneer (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Can anyone work out the reason behind his signing ?

“A bit of a coup”
“Shouldn’t be in league 1”

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Looks a right player in that kit lol would love to see him just start ripping teams open maybe it’s gonna take a while with him to settle

Well we have to find a way or else it’s a monstrous waste of time and money.

CCFC54321

Totally out of shape for a pro sport. Doesn’t look he buys in to what robins is doing. Just a poor bit of recruitment.

Be gone end of season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Totally out of shape for a pro sport. Doesn’t look he buys in to what robins is doing. Just a poor bit of recruitment.

Be gone end of season.

Not if there are 2 years left on his contract, and no-one wants him. Some players need a kick up the arse, others need a cuddle. let's hope our staff can unlock his potential.

I was eleven in 87

I watched him last night and I probably saw him do one good thing in the first half down the left where he showed a tremendous turn of pace.
But that was it.
Having said that, due to his size and the power he must possess to go with it there is something telling me to give him a chance.
We tend to write off players too early at city.

Plus not to forget that outstanding goal he scored in the first team, I can’t remember who it was against and I was flamin there!!

Marty

Don't subscribe to the out of shape line. He's a unit, but he's muscular rather than being the same shape as Neville Southall or Micky Quinn.

I agree, he's more of a bodybuilder physique. Apart from one goal he looks a complete waste of money though.

Magwitch

He’s work in progress, he’s shown little bits of potential, i’ll judge him at the end of the season.

SkyBlueDom26

We should have gone for proven league 1/2 wingers.....Should have signed someone like Jorge Grant instead of unproven players

no_loyalty

Can anyone work out the reason behind his signing ?

“A bit of a coup”
“Shouldn’t be in league 1”

Its the gamble you take when signing unknown overseas players, for every Gunnarsson there is a Kanstanner.

SlowerThanPlatt

Its the gamble you take when signing unknown overseas players, for every Gunnarsson there is a Kanstanner.

Yeah he was the last successful one and Mifsud for a short period before that. I posted a list about a week of the overseas signings we’ve made since then.

As a League One club with limited funds and little room to manoeuvre it was high risk and one which unfortunately doesn’t looking to be paying off. Robins hasn’t signed an overseas player in his previous two seasons so it looks to be led by the HOR on the premise that this was better than what we could attract from the UK in that position.

SlowerThanPlatt

One thing I will say though on the contract length is that Kastaneer has had to move country, find somewhere to stay, possibly move his family, new language, get used to the standard and intensity of English football amongst lots of other stuff so it wouldn’t make sense for him to move over for a one year contract. The club have to make it a worthwhile and attractive option for him

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

One thing I will say though on the contract length is that Kastaneer has had to move country, find somewhere to stay, possibly move his family, new language, get used to the standard and intensity of English football amongst lots of other stuff so it wouldn’t make sense for him to move over for a one year contract. The club have to make it a worthwhile and attractive option for him

Agree with everything you have said (bar the language piece, he already spoke good English as many Dutch do). It will take time for him to get used to everything, and Robins has said as much in interviews recently.

higgs

Could he be our beast like Wycombe s one. If we just played him down the middle as a target man the type that doesn't have to run around much?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

larry_david

Hence why I'm giving him a chance. I'm likening it to horse trainer purchasing a rough diamond, putting them away for winter, working on them training and then unleashing the beast. Of course most of them are flops

cc84cov

Problem is I think with most players struggling you can see it in them and it’s one of them where you say he will come good,with Kastaneer I haven’t seen anything to suggest that the goal he scored he struck it well 9 times out of ten they miss the target he got lucky what had he done since then ? Struggled at under 21 & 23 level & again last night against non league,hopefully he proves us all wrong but like Baka I don’t see him becoming a main stay in the team bar ay injuries etc...one thing for me is he doesn’t seem to want to get fit I know robins will not tolerate this and rightly so.

better days

Problem is I think with most players struggling you can see it in them and it’s one of them where you say he will come good,with Kastaneer I haven’t seen anything to suggest that the goal he scored he struck it well 9 times out of ten they miss the target he got lucky what had he done since then ? Struggled at under 21 & 23 level & again last night against non league,hopefully he proves us all wrong but like Baka I don’t see him becoming a main stay in the team bar ay injuries etc...one thing for me is he doesn’t seem to want to get fit I know robins will not tolerate this and rightly so.
The difference is Baka has a good attitude and wants to improve and do better so listens to advice.............

SlowerThanPlatt

Have to say, sounds like our scouting's ballsed up in not checking him out fully.

And I think that’s why Robins has tended to stay in the UK when bringing players to the club over his two seasons as he can ring up a manager or a former player of his for a more conclusive opinion

NorthernWisdom

And I think that’s why Robins has tended to stay in the UK as he can ring up a manager or a former player of his for a more conclusive opinion
tbf Kasteneer's had enough clubs that you'd think we could have asked enough to get an idea about him. I assume, given his previous, he was a fairly cheap punt on the offchance it worked, and I suppose given our position I don't have much issue with that if it's true. The issue is if we beat off scores of clubs to sign him, paying an exhorbitant signing on fee!

cc84cov

The difference is Baka has a good attitude and wants to improve and do better so listens to advice.............
I don’t get how robins a former striker played under Sir Alex doesn’t get pissed of wirh Baka’s movement or lack of ? Constantly the ball is with a full back the diagonal is on but it gets played inside and he just stands there surely the run across the defensive line is a must leaving gaps for the midfield etc to bomb on ? It’s so amateur to see I don’t get how robins is happy with this his comments about Baka performance on Saturday were worrying surely he needs to be working the defenders with constantly working the line & channels ?

Users who are viewing this thread