Kasey Palmer (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Thought Kelly put in a good shift running into spaces and breaking up
Play

Depends what you want. His passing slows us down and limits our options on the break but he’s disciplined, committed and a leader who breaks up play well.

Both fit I’d take Sheaf for his quality and range of passing as well as his mobility and height. But Kelly is on form and who knows how Sheaf has come back.

NorthernWisdom

I would feel so much more confident with Sheaf Allen and Palmer in for Kelly Eccles and Godden. That’s a lot of players returning from injury though.
Kelly's the interesting one atm, that he is giving us something. Eccles maybe needs a break, Godden's just not working, beyond the thought he could get you that goal, even if he did nothing else all game.

We can't ignore that it's unlikely Palmer could just slot in and perform after a spell out either. Best we could hope for would be an extra time cameo.

shmmeee

Kelly's the interesting one atm, that he is giving us something. Eccles maybe needs a break, Godden's just not working, beyond the thought he could get you that goal, even if he did nothing else all game.

We can't ignore that it's unlikely Palmer could just slot in and perform after a spell out either. Best we could hope for would be an extra time cameo.

That’s probably it. Kelly and Sheaf behind Hamer and Allen and Palmer to come on for Kelly if we need a goal or it’s going to pens.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

My brother in the NE said he thought Eccles was running through treacle as the game progressed. Rest him for Sheaf, with Allen in for Godden, or at least share the load with him (perhaps bring Godden on if Allen runs out of steam?)

shmmeee

Think it would be Esbrand in thatc scenario...purely fir the fact you coukdnt risk Palmer.

Dont think Palmer will be risked. He wouldnt impact the game imo. Not yet.

I think if he can take a pen he’s worth bringing on last minute. Were seriously short of penalty takers.

shmmeee

Don’t even know who you’d pick as the 5

Godden
Gyo
Hamer
?
?

Palmer if he’s at all fit, only got to run five yards. Otherwise I reckon you’re looking at Doyle maybe, he can whallop a ball, probably Fadz. Beyond that depends who is on the pitch, Kelly maybe, Bidwell maybe. Weirdly I think Eccles would take a decent placed penalty. Seems the type.

Brighton Sky Blue

Palmer if he’s at all fit, only got to run five yards. Otherwise I reckon you’re looking at Doyle maybe, he can whallop a ball, probably Fadz. Beyond that depends who is on the pitch, Kelly maybe, Bidwell maybe. Weirdly I think Eccles would take a decent placed penalty. Seems the type.

I think McF does actually have a decent shot on him. Don’t know how the Boro keeper is at penalties but Wilson does usually guess the right way at least

shmmeee

I think McF does actually have a decent shot on him. Don’t know how the Boro keeper is at penalties but Wilson does usually guess the right way at least

Panzo can probably hit one as well. Might be save Panzo Godden and Palmer for a last minute sub.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

My brother in the NE said he thought Eccles was running through treacle as the game progressed. Rest him for Sheaf, with Allen in for Godden, or at least share the load with him (perhaps bring Godden on if Allen runs out of steam?)
When Gyok played that quick free kick to Eccles to try and spring their defence and the defender caught him easily.

slowpoke

Eccles went down and immediately went off obviously with an injury has to be a doubt for Wednesday.
Palmer ? Why do the warm down ? Subs not used do 15 box to box sprints, he seemed to do the full routine I wouldn’t rule out him being at least on the bench.

The Philosopher

Godden
Gyok
Hamer
Kelly
Fadz

Kelly and Fadz are that bit older and more calm, I think, under pressure.

If it’s all square after 5

Start with Wilson taking pen 6 - might sound daft but I reckon that keepers probably take pens against each other in training and he’s the type to stay cool under pressure. Plus it’s Ben Wilson and I’d back him over a lot of our outfield players to be able to kick a dead ball. (Think about it).

Maybe then Bidwell

The young loanees I’d leave out of the top list and I think Sheaf, Allen, Dabo and Eccles are less immune to pressure.

Maguire?

I’m still unsure if Waghorn is eligible for the bench.

Unsure if (in the unlikely event he is eligible) we should give him Maguire’s inevitably unused sub option for a 119th minute penalty slot.

Offhegoes

e warm down ? Subs not used do
Could he have been the surprise that Robins was going on about?
Robins was asked about Palmer around 10 days ago, and he gave a strange answer along the lines of "I don't know". Immediately I thought he might be close to fitness. We have missed him a lot since that Sunderland game. Would be great if he could be involved on Weds

skybluestub

I'd love to see Kasey back for a short cameo, or on for pens if it came to it. The way he whips a FK, you would assume pens would be no bother. That being said, if he's not ready, don't risk it. He gives us creativity and an extra threat. Can't wait to see him and COH back.

Mcbean

I think he’s been to striker school - two shots last week with the outside of his foot and then yesterday a deft back flick into Viks path - Vik even slapped hands with him which is far more than he generally gives anyone

CDK

Like Palmer shame he picked up the injured bug along with the rest of midfield department over the season.
Don't agree he's lazy ,like a lot of quality players he makes the game look easy with the understanding of what's around him.
Lazy nah just class.

Bad Boy

Just thinking about penalties sends a shiver down my spine - Sheff United, FA Cup 1998.

A game we should have won by miles at home.
I was on holiday in Perth WA and couldn't get any news of the game for days later.
Hugely disappointed when I got to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread