Transfer Rumour Kasey Palmer - Confirmed (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Blisters can't be that bad, he's still training. It's just a throw away comment from Robins. And as usual some are getting their knickers in a twist.

Ignore the blister comments and focus on what MR is actually saying. Palmer isn't being rushed and may not be fully ready for the start of the season, 3 weeks away. That's perfectly acceptable, when he's had injuries and not actually played any football in 6 months. That's not because of blisters.

Not good enough. If he ain't gonna be ready then they should have given him a 2 and a half year contract, not 3. Fucking fizzing over here m8.

SkyBlueGuy

I had that last season breaking in some new boots and it was really painful for a week or so. Wouldn't expect this at professional level though with access to many different pairs and bandaging, plasters, a medical team etc.

Hopefully this isn't the start of the excuses!

I got a new pair recently and they took all the skin off the back of my heel. Normally play twice a week. Ended up having to cut it to one game, but even still, every time it healed it reopened in the next game. I played on but it was agony.

Three weeks later they contributed to a severe ankle sprain. Maybe they were just cursed boots though...

EAst ender

I really wonder how much we paid for him… telegraph today confirms it was a fee

The Sky Blues are not just looking at freebies, although it’s a market they have regularly tapped into, but paid an undisclosed fee for their one and only signing of the current window so far when they drafted in Kasey Palmer from Bristol City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We (BCFC) released him so you could sign him for free but have you taken on the remainder of his contract, supposedly.

fatso

Not sure you've seen enough to judge that yet.
I think his appearance record shows he's rarely been a regular at any club under any manager. They can't all be wrong.

I hope AV can get a tune out of him, as his career is at a crosswords now, if he fucks up here, he will be another for Shrewsbury Town's ranks.

Skybluedownunder

I think his appearance record shows he's rarely been a regular at any club under any manager. They can't all be wrong.

I hope AV can get a tune out of him, as his career is at a crosswords now, if he fucks up here, he will be another for Shrewsbury Town's ranks.

Not with the stupid lengthed contract we’ve put him on! Will be more like Hillsner

mark82

He's talented. Seems fitness is likely the issue.

robbiekeane

Callum O Hare had 16 league appearances for League Two Carlisle when we signed him on loan. Good job we didn’t just go by his appearance record

Grendel

Samo

I can't wait to see him play with COH behind a striker.

Reactions: vow

fatso

Callum O Hare had 16 league appearances for League Two Carlisle when we signed him on loan. Good job we didn’t just go by his appearance record
O'hare was never left to rot on the scrap heap like Palmer was though.
And O'hare was a young prospect, not a highest earning senior pro.

In fact when you think about it, your argument is completely pointless.

fatso

He's talented. Seems fitness is likely the issue.
Quite possibly so. Whatever the issue is, I hope we can sort it out pronto.

All these cancelled games should give him time to get upto speed, as he's only had 10 months now to sort his fitness out.

NorthernWisdom

But it said the fee was undisclosed. If there was no fee why wouldn’t it of just been a free transfer?

Could have been a whole pound they didn't disclose!

Or, say, we'd have paid him £9k pw, Bristol City valued him at, say, £750k. So therefore we paid £150k ish in transfer fee, and the rest in wages to him so Bristol City didn't have to.

fatso

Remember everyone slagging off Wilson before the season? Let’s give Palmer the benefit of the doubt and wait till the actual season starts to slag him off.
I think we all should start slagging him off now, because let's face it, if he can't get a game when O'hare is injured, then he certainly ain't getting a game when O'hare is fit.
And if we ain't careful, we will totally miss any chance to slag him off at all !!!

So BOOO BOOOO he's fuckin shittttt

That feels good 👍

slowpoke

O'hare was never left to rot on the scrap heap like Palmer was though.
And O'hare was a young prospect, not a highest earning senior pro.

In fact when you think about it, your argument is completely pointless.
I think this time last year Bristol City had something like 13 high paid midfielders on their books which I suppose included Palmer.

Users who are viewing this thread