Just got outside (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Deary me...

We just dont want to push forward..

We had a decent 10 min spell midway through the 2nd half.

Neither team really deserved to win it, but overall. we were poor.

Havent seen the other results today yet, but that must put us in the mix.

Dont know why, but I get a funny feeling that will be the last we see of Thorn in the dugout.

Off for a beer, NEED IT !

guicey15

I have to disagree with you on Thorn getting sacked. We'll give him till Christmas at the very least

ccfcway

dont think he SHOULD, just think he WILL.

SISU will be subject to protested b4 the Millwall game, and Thorn will be made scapegoat

Disorganised1

No - they can't afford to replace Thorn, and it's too early anyway.

Still maybe a win can bring us some confidence and Millwall is a good place to start

ccfcway

is this Millwall that won 3-0 away to Leicester and have beat Ipswich by a bucket load today ?

We just dont look like scoring more than 1 each game, and thats optimistic

SBA were great again today !

MatthewWallis

i honestly cannot see us getting any points from November, and i dont know who to blame, SISU for no money and players maybe, but the players who are there should try a little bit harder, but then again AT should be making them players work hard

Waycov

What annoys me the most is the effort we put in when we play a good side like Leeds and yet when we play a side as poor as us, the effort disappears. Why? We've always been the same regardless of what division we're in :mad:

operationprem

Sad to say but think we going down we had a few chances second half but there keeper never had a save to make. We just watched two teams destined for league one....hope I'm wrong PUSB

Lord_Nampil

Thorn just isnt the man! Tactically naive and doesn't see a problem untill it's to late!!! Today we shud have won, and we didn't as a result I feel if Thorn remaines as manager we will be relegated!

Nonleagueherewecome

There is no "dislike" button, but if there was, I'd dislike the above! Thorn has the worst resources in the division, that's plain to see. I really don't think any manager would make a difference, and I really don't think Thorn is tactically naive.

Snozzer

They can replace him. Lowest paid manager in the championship with only 7 months of his contract remaining.

Lord_Nampil

Steve that's how I see it!!! Remember he was appointed last season as the fans came bk as the football was good!!! They haven't stayed long have they??

Nonleagueherewecome

We had better players last season-and more of them, too.

operationprem

Don't understand people calling for thorn to go, what are you watching he's got absolutely no options....we need every to get behind the team an stop moaning and we might stay up

stupot07

how many ccfc mangers have had to regularly play three teenagers in their starting line up just to get 11 fit players on the pitch? 4 of the 5 teenagers that have played this season are in their first proper season of first team football.

Wallace

More people are saying get rid of Thorn but few are saying who should to replace him. I personally don't think we will go down as this usd to happen time after time, year after year back in the 90s. I believe that around Christmas we will start to pick up and fortunately there are other crap teams in this league. No one is taking the league by storm and on any given day one team can beat another.. We do seperately need a midfield general like Carsley and if they can get him fit for December it would be like signing a new player. He doesn't need to play every game, just 'chosen' ones, and for half an hour or so. Get the kids to run around the first halfthen bring on more experienced players.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Seriously what do people expect from this team? The writing has been on the wall since before the season kicked off with lack of signings and players leaving. This is not down to Thorn, people always need somebody to point a finger at though. Fickle.

brinner

far too many of our fans cannot see the bigger picture.

tis a shame tho they have always been a fickle bunch tbf.

Thorn has proved with decent players he will do a decent job, take best 4 players away and not replace them we will always struggle regardless of who the gaffer is.

am sure if barca released iniesta, messi, villa and xavi without bothering to replace them they would struggle to win the league and champs lge.

would their fans then want pep sacked or would they vent thier frustration at their president?? the latter i think.

skybluesteve76

Steve that's how I see it!!! Remember he was appointed last season as the fans came bk as the football was good!!! They haven't stayed long have they??

I totally agree mate. I think thorn is showing week after week that he's tactically naive! I can't understand how people can keep blaming the lack of resources. Yes he's had no money, but I've said it before, that doesn't excuse tactical naivety and not knowing his best side. Also, it's obvious these tactics aren't working, why don't we try a different formation and maybe get the strikers to make some runs? Even maybe play a bit ugly now and then? I'm not saying go to hoofroyd style but just mix it up a bit. A few balls down the channels, get the opposition on the back foot. Get the ball forward a bit earlier? I don't know what I'm talking about, basically because I'm not a manager, but neither is Thorn. As for replacing him, I don't care who with, just someone with a bit of managerial pedigree.:-0

Grendel

I totally agree mate. I think thorn is showing week after week that he's tactically naive! I can't understand how people can keep blaming the lack of resources. Yes he's had no money, but I've said it before, that doesn't excuse tactical naivety and not knowing his best side. Also, it's obvious these tactics aren't working, why don't we try a different formation and maybe get the strikers to make some runs? Even maybe play a bit ugly now and then? I'm not saying go to hoofroyd style but just mix it up a bit. A few balls down the channels, get the opposition on the back foot. Get the ball forward a bit earlier? I don't know what I'm talking about, basically because I'm not a manager, but neither is Thorn. As for replacing him, I don't care who with, just someone with a bit of managerial pedigree.:-0

I agree with you 100%. I thought I was alone. Thorn fans remind me of King Canute. They will sit there thinking the situation is irreversible until the tide of relegation hits them hard. By then it is too late.

skybluesteve76

I agree with you 100%. I thought I was alone. Thorn fans remind me of King Canute. They will sit there thinking the situation is irreversible until the tide of relegation hits them hard. By then it is too late.

One things for sure. If we carry on like this we are gone, no doubt.

Grendel

I cannot see us getting more than 1 point from the next 4 matches we are in real trouble yet people keep saying we need to see the big picture.

Big picture to me is we are heading for relegation with no hope of recovery.

sky_blue_up_north

Both sides were dire today, you can see why we both in trouble. We now have the Millwall away the top 2 and Cardiff away, be honest can anyone see us getting any points from those games on current form.

brinner

since the season kicked off ive been expecting relegation after the summer weve had.

werer actually playing and performing far better than i thought, thorn is doing a good job.

if we had aidy or coleman we would be rock bottom without a win.

Grendel

Why would an experienced manager achieve less than Thorn in your opinion? What does he have that experienced managers do not?

Well what the feck is thorn supposed to do. The bloke hasnt had a penny to replace the quality that left in the summer had to play kids all season so far nearly had parkin signed above his head while jukebox nearly went the same way and had to have players on the bench who are more injured than extras on casualty. Yes he has made mistakes but he is learning still and yet some people on here still want a more expensive manager to work with the same tools. Get a grip people and force sisu out.

Tonylinc

kyduffy....The question is....what will Sisu finance? Can you really see an experienced Manager coming to Cov. given the lack of funds available?

Bloodnut1964

If we change the manager we will still have the same players, let's face it we have no real quality in the side, no leaders, no experience and a handful of youngsters who are still learning their trade.
AT might not be the best manager around but he is all we got and at least he is Coventry thru n thru not like some managers we have had in the past, why sack him? Tell me this when he took over and he used the diamond formation we are using now were we not playing the best football we had seen at the City for years? I would say yes and if you remember everyone was raving about it, so ask yourself why that was? Answer we had better players, we have had the spine of the team ripped out of us, no replacements, no loans, no money, nothing. So please tell me what you expect?

Tonylinc

Well said Bloodnut. I really don't know what some people expect. AT is an inexperienced Manager still learning his trade which we ALL knew when he became Manager. In spite of that we all thought that he was a geius to begin with. Yes, maybe he has been found out a little but it is now down to him to get to the next level. Let's see if he can do this. Most people would have predicted a defeat today and no matter how badly we played....we did not lose. I for one am prepared to give him more time.

TheOldFive

Yes, today really demonstrated that all the tippy tappy keep ball stuff in our half of the pitch needs to be picked up further up the pitch with some guile and gumption that our midfield sadly lacks (no plan B), and defensively our back line is let down badly by the midfield, less of a diamond and more like Swiss Cheese. Lack of cover/support is ruining our kids, Thomas has his hands full every game and Christie having to play LB is unfair on him. Root Cause? Lack of squad depth through lack of funds for purchases or loans. Sorry that all roads lead to the same door - SISU, shortsighted underinvestment will cost you and us dear this season, it will be too late to rescue the situation sooner than you think.

Paxman II

Hang on folks. Look we got a point away from home and that's always a good result even if it's an unfashionable name like Doncaster. It was an early season 6 pointer and they had the upper hand. Tbh we have not been turned over away for a few games so think positive! 3 Home games and lets just suppose we win all three? Stranger things have happened and lets face it we play better when the better teams play us. That would be 21 points and that my friends would be just outside the top 6 somewhere. I know, I know silly thinking but is it?
For the negative side I will say that harrison is having too much influence, Thorn has the grasp the metal more by himself in my opinion. Having said that I would like to see service provided for a front two working off each other. Cody is a goal scorer and maybe just maybe we need to try Platt to be his provider, bring in witdth and play McSheffrey out wide and bell out wide with 5 in midfield. 3 at the back with Clingan the holding player. Think we may get more success that way.

skybluesteve76

If we change the manager we will still have the same players, let's face it we have no real quality in the side, no leaders, no experience and a handful of youngsters who are still learning their trade.
AT might not be the best manager around but he is all we got and at least he is Coventry thru n thru not like some managers we have had in the past, why sack him? Tell me this when he took over and he used the diamond formation we are using now were we not playing the best football we had seen at the City for years? I would say yes and if you remember everyone was raving about it, so ask yourself why that was? Answer we had better players, we have had the spine of the team ripped out of us, no replacements, no loans, no money, nothing. So please tell me what you expect?

Exactly! You've just pointed out thorns naivety. He no longer has those players. So why persist with that formation when it blatantly doesn't work with what we've got. Let's look at the last game of last last season at norwich, when in my opinion I witnessed one of the best performances under thorn. No westwood, no turner, Gunnar was awesome that day, Marlon was completely ineffectual. Everyone says Gunnar was no loss (I disagree), and obviously Marlon is the biggest loss. Let's look what we've got now, the keeper shouldn't play a big role in the diamond, turner never played so that's him out the equation, everyone says Gunnar was no loss, obviously losing our goal scorer is a massive issue. But something has changed since that last game, those players leaving has obviously had a massive effect on the current squad, part of thorns job is to lift them and get them playin agai. He ain't doing it!

Users who are viewing this thread