Just got outside (2 Viewers)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
So what experienced manager do you want in to replace Thorn?? McLaren? Sven? A lot of money for a load of crap. These experienced managers have failed with squads who have much more strength in depth than ours and with silly funds at his disposal in one case. Interesting to note the experienced managers are the ones losing their jobs while the relatively inexperienced McDermott, Freedman and Howe are doing ok - how Freedman has got Palace up where they are in his first managerial season is unbelievable. And it's not about seeing it before it's too late as some have mentioned, it's about waking up to the current situation that we are in that we have no money to bring in some simple loans let alone pay yet another manager for us to call for his head when he still only has the same team to play with. I really don't think calling for Thorn to go is helping our situation at all, I think some have unrealistic expectations for this season - did anyone really expect any different no matter who was in charge at the start of this season?? Really?? 15th place would be optimistic!

Grendel

Well what the feck is thorn supposed to do. The bloke hasnt had a penny to replace the quality that left in the summer had to play kids all season so far nearly had parkin signed above his head while jukebox nearly went the same way and had to have players on the bench who are more injured than extras on casualty. Yes he has made mistakes but he is learning still and yet some people on here still want a more expensive manager to work with the same tools. Get a grip people and force sisu out.

Ok well we now get to the real issue. Most fans want SISU out but by the same token they want Thorn to stay. I am amazed at the naivety of people. Common business practice is that when takeovers occur the main decision makers in an organisation that has not been previously succesful are always replaced. So I guess what you have to decide is - do you want Andy Thorn and SISU or another manager and a new owner. I can guarentee one thing - you will not get both - he is on a one year rolling contract and will be replaced very easily then.

blueflint

nonleague your spot on we need the imputus of fresh blood on the pitch give AT something to work with

edgy

3 Home games and lets just suppose we win all three? Stranger things have happened and lets face it we play better when the better teams play us. That would be 21 points and that my friends would be just outside the top 6 somewhere. I know, I know silly thinking but is it?

Yes, ludicrous. Get your bonce out of the sand.

Grendel

nonleague your spot on we need the imputus of fresh blood on the pitch give AT something to work with

No we need a real manager to give us some hope.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Ok well we now get to the real issue. Most fans want SISU out but by the same token they want Thorn to stay. I am amazed at the naivety of people. Common business practice is that when takeovers occur the main decision makers in an organisation that has not been previously succesful are always replaced. So I guess what you have to decide is - do you want Andy Thorn and SISU or another manager and a new owner. I can guarentee one thing - you will not get both - he is on a one year rolling contract and will be replaced very easily then.

Well if that happens then that would be up to the new owners, but it seems like a pretty lame reason for wanting Thorn to go.

stupot07

Exactly! You've just pointed out thorns naivety. He no longer has those players. So why persist with that formation when it blatantly doesn't work with what we've got. Let's look at the last game of last last season at norwich, when in my opinion I witnessed one of the best performances under thorn. No westwood, no turner, Gunnar was awesome that day, Marlon was completely ineffectual. Everyone says Gunnar was no loss (I disagree), and obviously Marlon is the biggest loss. Let's look what we've got now, the keeper shouldn't play a big role in the diamond, turner never played so that's him out the equation, everyone says Gunnar was no loss, obviously losing our goal scorer is a massive issue. But something has changed since that last game, those players leaving has obviously had a massive effect on the current squad, part of thorns job is to lift them and get them playin agai. He ain't doing it!

It's not just about losing your best 4 players, as you say 2 of them didn't even play against Norwich but we've also lost a lot of squad players, and with such a small squad we've had a lot of injuries, suspensions and fitness problems (wood,mcpake, clarke, mcsheffery, baker, hussey, deegan, platt, Eastwood, McDonald, Cranie, Bigirimana) in our first 14 games of the season. Thorn had to play 3 teenagers in most games just to get 11 fit players on the pitch, 4 of which are in their first season as first teamers (inc ruffels). When was the last time a ccfc manager had to do that?

stupot07

- did anyone really expect any different no matter who was in charge at the start of this season?? Really?? 15th place would be optimistic!

Bloody hell Andy, we've only finished higher than 17/18th twice since we were relegated, with this squad reaching 20th is optimistic!:claping hands:

AFCCOVENTRY

The fact is that a regardless of funds etc... the players are here that can do a job. The fingers are slowly now pointing to Thorn on tactical ability now. Lack of experience is starting to show again. Platt not even available to come on? Shocking low rate of shots on goal? Something isn't right with the tactics.

Patience is running low now...

CCFC123

we all know deep down we will go down this season. Totally epathy towards the club these days from the majority of the population of coventry.

Theres just an exceptance were going to be relegated. Sisu dont give a toss either as if they did they would have helped Thorn out by now.

Thorns not the issue...the lack of quality is the problem.

cloughie

since the season kicked off ive been expecting relegation after the summer weve had.

werer actually playing and performing far better than i thought, thorn is doing a good job.

if we had aidy or coleman we would be rock bottom without a win.

couldn't agree more, were relegation fodder after loosing the players we lost and no genuine replacements

georgehudson

an old-time phrase was akin to 'organ grinder & monkey',
blame the severe lack of resource/achievement, on those who hold the purse strings,
PUSB

stupot07

Is it a Joke? Has Sir Alex ever had to manage a squad as poor as ours without the option of signing any new players? the truth is we don't know whether he would or not.

Who would want to come to Cov anyway?

Grendel

We don't whether he would or not?

Sir Alex Ferguson, the most successful manager in british football historycould do no better than recently qualified Level 2 coach Andy Thorn....erm, ok then.

No. Ferguson, Wenger, Marinhio - none of them but possibly achieve what Andy Thorn is doing - of course not.

dadgad

Andy Thorn is amazing.
Any normal bloke would have throttled orange ken by now.
Bloke's a saint.

Nonleagueherewecome

Man I am SICK of reminding people of the FACTS on this! Thorn was hired as manager by Ranson, who spoke with more passion about HIS MATE as a manager than any of our previous incumbents. He diverted anti-SISU questions after his resignation by saying "that's all irrelevant now, I just call on all the fans to get up the Ricoh and give Andy Thorn your backing, because he deserves that".

Hoffman also spoke about the high regard he holds Thorn in, and how he had at one stage discussed with Ranson the idea of him as Director of Football with Thorn as First Team Manager.

So if any future owners have any connection with Hoffman, you can rest assured that Thorn will still be involved in the managers role.

PhilWasn'tBabb

It's all very well calling Thorn naive and calling for him to go, but why do you thing SISU will pay for a manager to replace him. Thorn was the cheap option that was the reason he got the job, if Thorn walks(which he might) or we sack him how Naive do you think Lee Carsley will be ? Because that's who were going to get as manager.

sky_blue_up_north

Want my view this season went tits up before it started, and it was nothing to do with Andy Thorn, but SISU failure to nail down Marlon Kings signature. He was the one player who could have made huge difference. We shipped out a load of other players, OK maybe not good ones, but at least we had options. The cost cutting exercise will be a downfall going forward. If Andy Thorn avoids relegation it will be nothing short of amazing. He has had not backing what so ever from the board or SISU. To blame him for the mess we are in now is stupid and any replacement would be in the same boat we no help from the board or SISU, why do fans think a new manager would change things, count how many we have had since relegation, they have all been successful... no of course not.

Users who are viewing this thread