Just for Martcov (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I'll give you that, my mistake, I was chopping between tabs on my phone. But the point still stands, the banking crisis lowered exchange rates more than Brexit has.

Significantly and the decline from Brexit saved JLR

ccfc92

Only it recovered that time.

Marginally.

The decline now is down to financial uncertainty caused by are we/aren't we leaving due to remainers stamping their feet and the government pandering to the EU.

We needed our government to play hardball with the EU but instead its :
"Look EU, we don't want to leave. But them knuckle dragging northerners and OAPs we have at home want to, so what deal can you give us?"

Sick Boy

Marginally.

The decline now is down to financial uncertainty caused by are we/aren't we leaving due to remainers stamping their feet and the government pandering to the EU.

We needed our government to play hardball with the EU but instead its :
"Look EU, we don't want to leave. But them knuckle dragging northerners and OAPs we have at home want to, so what deal can you give us?"

So having incompetent Brexit secretaries who were at best completely ignorant about how the EU worked had no impact?

ccfc92

So having incompetent Brexit secretaries who were at best completely ignorant about how the EU worked had no impact?

The whole "negotiations" has been a shitshow. Instead of having a strong willed government saying to the EU "right, this what we are doing, you need this from us, we need this from you, let's sort a deal" it's been cap in hand, please EU. That why they are laughing at us and our government and we are now in this weakened position.

Just my opinion of course.

Sick Boy

The whole "negotiations" has been a shitshow. Instead of having a strong willed government saying to the EU "right, this what we are doing, you need this from us, we need this from you, let's sort a deal" it's been cap in hand, please EU. That why they are laughing at us and our government and we are now in this weakened position.

Just my opinion of course.

Majorly disagree, they’d be no more chance of a withdrawal agreement

Sick Boy

Fair enough, but being half hearted and pandering to the EU hasn't got a decent agreement either.

I don’t think it’s been half hearted, it just hasn’t been the same in reality to what was promised by the likes of Johnson and Fox, and nether of them would have done any better. Telling the EU to ‘fuck off’ as many would like wouldn’t have gone down well, neither in the long term when it would come to trying to do trade deals with other countries.

ccfc92

I don’t think it’s been half hearted, it just hasn’t been the same in reality to what was promised by the likes of Johnson and Fox, and nether of them would have done any better. Telling the EU to ‘fuck off’ as many would like wouldn’t have gone down well, neither in the long term when it would come to trying to do trade deals with other countries.

Obviously not to the extent of fuck off. But what I mean is, rather going to them as a united government, we have gone to them cap in hand and a squabbling mess.
We were never going to do well negotiating unless we were strong willed.

The whole thing has been a balls up from the start. I voted leave and still want us to leave, but the whole thing has become tiresome and the pro/anti remain shite I see on my time line bores me now. I just want to know either way now what is happening.

covmark

Obviously not to the extent of fuck off. But what I mean is, rather going to them as a united government, we have gone to them cap in hand and a squabbling mess.
We were never going to do well negotiating unless we were strong willed.

The whole thing has been a balls up from the start. I voted leave and still want us to leave, but the whole thing has become tiresome and the pro/anti remain shite I see on my time line bores me now. I just want to know either way now what is happening.
100% my feelings. Are we staying or are we leaving? Had enough of it all, it's boring me to death. I've had enough of Farage, enough of May, enough of that bumbling idiot Johnson, and enough of Laura fucking Kuenssberg talking shite on the news.

I say let ccfc92 and Sickboy sort out a deal. Cant be any worse than the shower we're being subjected to atm.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

I see that Holland, which was one of the countries supposed to leave the EU soon after the 2016 vote, looks to have mobilised the rig...oh! ;)

Kingokings204

I see that Holland, which was one of the countries supposed to leave the EU soon after the 2016 vote, looks to have mobilised the rig...oh! ;)

Well we haven’t left yet. It’s only been 3 years give them time.

Nick

Administrator
Left muppets have thrown milkshake over an elderly veteran at a polling station in Aldershot because hes wearing a party ribbon the man served the British army for 22 years. glad nick and Dave find it funny. Embarrassing
View attachment 12216
Looking at it closely, it looks more like a yoghurt?

Have to be a good shot to throw a yoghurt and make it splat like that.

Last edited:

djr8369

Fair enough, but being half hearted and pandering to the EU hasn't got a decent agreement either.

It’s not pandering it’s just the reality of Brexit. A tough stance won’t get us anywhere as the EU cannot fundamentally change their organisation to suit our needs.

The relationship is an extremely complex issue and leaving is going involve a lot of fudge and compromise as cutting ourselves off completely just isn’t realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

It’s so funny that people try and give a black and white answer to a nuanced problem. I understand Farage and people struggling with life or a victim mentality. But not intelligent politicians and the vast swathe of our society. When I hear someone say we voted out let’s just leave I despair. It’s like married couples with kids getting divorced and one of them just saying I want to leave and expecting everything to stay the same without talking and agreeing how. Oh well. Farage is the knight in shining armour. Can’t wait for everything to be sorted out over the next week now we’ve got a real leader sorting it out. Whoever that leader may be

dutchman

Dutch Eurosceptics dream of united front to roll back EU
FvD will join divided ranks of Europe’s populist right where alliances are in flux
2881.jpg

“Everyone wants more EU. We want less,” said Derk Jan Eppink. “Take power back from Brussels, return it to nation states. With our French, Italian, Polish, Spanish partners, we will be a united front.”

Eppink’s young party, Forum voor Democratie (FvD), emerged from nowhere in March to win Dutch provincial elections and is on course to send five MEPs to Brussels – as many as the prime minister Mark Rutte’s liberal VVD party, with which it is neck and neck in the polls.

It will join the fractious ranks of the populist, nativist Eurosceptic right that, while it no longer favours leaving the EU, agrees on little besides its determination to roll back Brussels’ remit, and whose allegiances and alliances are in flux.

Not that any of that matters much to Eppink’s audience. They loved his insistence that Brussels must wind its meddling neck in, that Dutch taxpayers must not pay the price for southern EU spendthrifts, and that the climate crisis is just another excuse to rob European citizens of their hard-won liberties (and cash).

Sick Boy

Dutch Eurosceptics dream of united front to roll back EU
FvD will join divided ranks of Europe’s populist right where alliances are in flux
2881.jpg

“Everyone wants more EU. We want less,” said Derk Jan Eppink. “Take power back from Brussels, return it to nation states. With our French, Italian, Polish, Spanish partners, we will be a united front.”

Eppink’s young party, Forum voor Democratie (FvD), emerged from nowhere in March to win Dutch provincial elections and is on course to send five MEPs to Brussels – as many as the prime minister Mark Rutte’s liberal VVD party, with which it is neck and neck in the polls.

It will join the fractious ranks of the populist, nativist Eurosceptic right that, while it no longer favours leaving the EU, agrees on little besides its determination to roll back Brussels’ remit, and whose allegiances and alliances are in flux.

Not that any of that matters much to Eppink’s audience. They loved his insistence that Brussels must wind its meddling neck in, that Dutch taxpayers must not pay the price for southern EU spendthrifts, and that the climate crisis is just another excuse to rob European citizens of their hard-won liberties (and cash).

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/05/24/europe/european-elections-netherlands-nos-exit-poll-intl/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread