Just for fun: name that player..... (1 Viewer)

Covstu

without the use of google.... guess the player..

Started his career at Peterborough in the 80s, played over 200 games for us in the 80s and 90s then signed for Stoke.
Who am I?

Reactions: RFC

RFC

Easy nice guy with a gtreat engine and work ethic, now earning a living with first class deliveries and statistical analysis. Meet him most home games, Micky Gynn ⚽️

AStonesThrow

I'll do one (many people wish I would)

Spanish striking sensation during his time
Never played for CCFC (unfortunately)
Had spells with two premier league teams
Began his career as a goalkeeper

Marty

I'll do one (many people wish I would)

Spanish striking sensation during his time
Never played for CCFC (unfortunately)
Had spells with two premier league teams
Began his career as a goalkeeper

Torres?

rob9872

Ok I'll have a go ....

Winger, started his career at City, played for 3 midlands teams still involved in the game but nothing to do with playing or managing. Got loads of O'levels and 3 A level's. Promising when he first burst onto the scene. Bought me a hummell tracksuit, used to live with my nan :)

Should be enough clues there, apart from my nan of course lol

AStonesThrow

Ok I'll have a go ....

Winger, started his career at City, played for 3 midlands teams still involved in the game but nothing to do with playing or managing. Got loads of O'levels and 3 A level's. Promising when he first burst onto the scene. Bought me a hummell tracksuit, used to live with my nan :)

Should be enough clues there, apart from my nan of course lol
Any hints on when he started with cov?

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Well played NLHWC. Yep. Didn't want to give year AStonesThrow to make too easy but put hummell tracksuit in to give a clue.
Yeah that's what helped! Not that he lived with your nan. What's he doing these days out of interest? He was one of my favourite players, real shame he dropped off after such a great start in the Speedie side.

Suppose I had better try one: ball winning midfielder considered good enough for the World Cup by his national team, but rarely got near our side during his spell with us, such was our strength in central midfield. Might have some sympathies with a controversial opinion of Regis Genaux.

Terry_dactyl

Yeah that's what helped! Not that he lived with your nan. What's he doing these days out of interest? He was one of my favourite players, real shame he dropped off after such a great start in the Speedie side.

Suppose I had better try one: ball winning midfielder considered good enough for the World Cup by his national team, but rarely got near our side during his spell with us, such was our strength in central midfield. Might have some sympathies with a controversial opinion of Regis Genaux.
Phillipe Clement?

Covkid1968#

Well played NLHWC. Yep. Didn't want to give year AStonesThrow to make too easy but put hummell tracksuit in to give a clue.

Bloody hell - your Grandad is David Smith!!! :joyful:

Sky Blue Harry H

English player - liked Elvis IIRC, went to Leicester? Who is it?

Hint - left us in the 80s

rob9872

Still at Grimsby in the commercial department

SkyBlueSid

English player - liked Elvis IIRC, went to Leicester? Who is it?

Hint - left us in the 80s
Ha Ha! Tom English. Wasn't a bad player but some fans couldn't be doing with him as they thought him lazy. My mate had an argument with a bloke in the West Stand about him one day, my mate said, after English scored, that he'd get a hat trick that day. Other bloke said if he did, he'd bare his arse. He duly got a hat trick, bloke got some stick and cleared off rather than do the deed.

Wasn't his brother Tony on City's books too?

torchomatic

Who liked rabbits?

usskyblue

Winger.

22 England Caps

One of only a few players to play for Man Utd and Man City. Also played for West Brom and Leeds. Scored 2 in 18 games for us in the mid 80’s.

Largely shit.

CovisGod

I'll have a go,

Defender, played for us in the 90s, started his career at Portsmouth the year I was born, had a short stint in management but only in non league.

Played 5 times for his country

Marty

I'll have a go,

Defender, played for us in the 90s, started his career at Portsmouth the year I was born, had a short stint in management but only in non league.

Daish?

Grendel

I'll have a go,

Daish

Grendel

Dutch right winger / midfielder who played for us in the early 80’s - 10 years ago was head of Chelsea youth academy

AStonesThrow

Another one

Australian midfielder, under contract with us aged 14
Didn't do a lot club wise apart from make a few appearences for Southampton
Played for Australia u/16s
Initially scouted by Ajax and Barcelona but chose CCFC to showcase his talent

rob9872

That's even difficult with Google as a cheat aid! Best I can come up with is possibly Matthew Christensen or Jay Lucas?

Users who are viewing this thread