Just for fun: name that player..... (1 Viewer)

itsabuzzard

Winger.

22 England Caps

One of only a few players to play for Man Utd and Man City. Also played for West Brom and Leeds. Scored 2 in 18 games for us in the mid 80’s.

Largely shit.
"Largely shit" gets a like.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

CovisGod

One more from me,

A player that retired in 2003, joined us from Rotherham and left us to play for Stoke

Currently a reserve team manager at Hyde FC

Nonleagueherewecome

Winger who played in Spain and had two spells with us, making little impact in either. His brother was much better.

Nonleagueherewecome

Keith Thompson
Correct, well done! Hard one to google that, you either knew it from the 80's or you didn't.

Another one, then: striker who had an incredible career record of 10 goals in 8 starts for us in the League Cup.

Grendel

Correct, well done! Hard one to google that, you either knew it from the 80's or you didn't.

Another one, then: striker who had an incredible career record of 10 goals in 8 starts for us in the League Cup.

God knows - Kevin Gallagher?

Nonleagueherewecome

Grendel

Nope, but your thinking isn't totally flawed....

I thought him because he scored a couple against forest in the five goal game. Regis must have played more so it can’t be him - I doubt Speedie but I can’t think of anyone else

Nonleagueherewecome

The Bomber; Garry Thompson?
Not Thommo, but fun fact in the style of the "David Smith living with yer nan" one: my mum was in a post natal clinic after me at the same time as Gary's wife, which my dad was totally chuffed about as he was his favourite player at the time.

Grendel

Well done Harry, you've got it. Here's some of those great goals:

Really? I’m suprised - I know he scored two in that forest game but I can’t remember much else from him at all

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Really? I’m suprised - I know he scored two in that forest game but I can’t remember much else from him at all
Ah I loved him cos I was a kid at the time. Thought he was the next big thing. Went to Blackburn in a big money move and did OK but then they bought Shearer et al. Went to Chelsea and never got a game, and ended up as a bit of a Grimsby stalwart, playing as often in defence as up front. He was really slow at Grimsby though from what I remember.

Grendel

I’m sure I’ve used this before but it’s just a quirky thing but which player scored a hat trick on both the opening game of the season and the last game of the season

Sky Blue Harry H

I’m sure I’ve used this before but it’s just a quirky thing but which player scored a hat trick on both the opening game of the season and the last game of the season
David Cross - was at the Burnley game (final game of the season) and one of our friends got carted off to Blackpool police station for barking at a police dog! Released him at the end of the night, but detained his mate who went in the police station to ask for his release!!

Hobo

Here we go:
330 appearances for Coventry. Turned down Man United. Played for Nuneaton Borough. Ran a pub in Coventry.

NortonSkyBlue

David Cross - was at the Burnley game (final game of the season) and one of our friends got carted off to Blackpool police station for barking at a police dog! Released him at the end of the night, but detained his mate who went in the police station to ask for his release!!
I went to the Everton game at Goodison expecting a beating, 4-1 and well worth it, away day to Burnley, took thousands and took over Blackpool too. David Cross made his name for Rochdale in 71 knocking us out of the cup and had a great career especially at West Ham.

Users who are viewing this thread