Just a thought (1 Viewer)

Macca

Anybody on the books you would consider as player-manager?

torchomatic

I'd go for Jordan Willis.

torchomatic

Grendel

torchomatic

Macca

working on the theory that nobody can do anything in the current position why not save a few bob and chuck a player an extra grand a week to do the job?

stupot07

perhaps Carlsey and Rioch could jointly manage us....just thought i would throw you a curve ball

torchomatic

People will be saying Oggy next. Loves the club, played in the cup final, etc etc.

Macca

can't see an argument for Oggy you d have to pay a managers wage, I'm trying to save money

stupot07

How about we just play rush manager and whoever is injured can be manager for the day?.....although saying that it may easier just to promote McPake...

BrisbaneBronco

How about we just play rush manager and whoever is injured can be manager for the day?.....although saying that it may easier just to promote McPake...

Or we could be the only club not to have a manager. Let the players pick the team and choose the tactics. More cost saving for SISU.

torchomatic

Or we could text in the team.*

*Usual network charges apply plus £1.00 for SISU per text. Please don't text after 3pm on a Saturday as your vote won't count and you DEFINITELY will be charged. Twice for being thick.

Last edited:

WillieStanley

Could also text for tactics/formation ,or be run by Committee.
I vote we give the job to Save Our City or Sky Blue Trust...

In all seriousness though, I reckon, from the times I've heard him in interviews, Platt seems very knowledgeable about the game. I've thought in the past that he'd be a good shout eventually.

ccfctommy

No one.

Player managers do not work.

I do not think there has been one player manager who has been sucessful in English football. Perhaps Glen Hoddle at Swindon but thats it.

Nonleagueherewecome

No one.

Player managers do not work.

I do not think there has been one player manager who has been sucessful in English football. Perhaps Glen Hoddle at Swindon but thats it.

And that was because he was the best player in the division by a country mile.

Huckerby-just watch that offside-count soar!

Grendel

SkyBlue_Bear83

@Torch Why are you so cynical/get annoyed when people saying give Carsley the job, arguably he is better qualified now than when Thorn got the job last season. I think people know he could be a dud manager but he couldn't make our league position any worse could he?
Not having a pop just want to know why it gets you to when someone mentions his name.

Users who are viewing this thread