Just a thought (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

No one.

Player managers do not work.

I do not think there has been one player manager who has been sucessful in English football. Perhaps Glen Hoddle at Swindon but thats it.
Dennis Wise at Milwall?
Took them to an FA Cup final.

stupot07

I don't want to give it to carsley as I don't want us to be responsible for ruining his managerial career before it's even started. Also he's doing a decent job with the under 18's who are going to be our main supplier of players for the next 5+ years. We need the best production line of talent we can get.

Nonleagueherewecome

@Torch Why are you so cynical/get annoyed when people saying give Carsley the job, arguably he is better qualified now than when Thorn got the job last season. I think people know he could be a dud manager but he couldn't make our league position any worse could he?
Not having a pop just want to know why it gets you to when someone mentions his name.

Carsley is learning his trade..off Thorn. I've commented for ages that giving the apprentice the job is one thing, but the fact that it's being suggested mainly by people who think the man teaching him is inept reveals it as sheer tomfoolery.

torchomatic

Yeah, like what NLHW said.

Anyway, if Thorn goes then it will be because SISU don't think he has the nous to stop us from getting relegated. So, we really need EXPERIENCE, which the lack of, is levelled at AT constantly. Carsley has zero experience. You may as well give it to Oggy or me, for that matter.

If AT is going to get sacked at least get someone in who has managed before. It makes me laugh that people attack AT for being a scout and not an experienced manager then say they want Carsley. Makes no sense to me.

@Torch Why are you so cynical/get annoyed when people saying give Carsley the job, arguably he is better qualified now than when Thorn got the job last season. I think people know he could be a dud manager but he couldn't make our league position any worse could he?
Not having a pop just want to know why it gets you to when someone mentions his name.

Macca

No one.

Player managers do not work.

I do not think there has been one player manager who has been sucessful in English football. Perhaps Glen Hoddle at Swindon but thats it.

but the current incumbent has his hands tied / nothing to work with so why not save a few bob and get a player to do it

Nonleagueherewecome

torchomatic

wingy

Sure. You can do 11-1 and I'll do 1-3.

Hey ,you can,t just get an easy ride ,when you both take over ,must do double training sessions to compensate for your noviceness.in fact i have wondered why we are not ,and have not been doing this ,especially in terms of finishing.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yeah, like what NLHW said.

Anyway, if Thorn goes then it will be because SISU don't think he has the nous to stop us from getting relegated. So, we really need EXPERIENCE, which the lack of, is levelled at AT constantly. Carsley has zero experience. You may as well give it to Oggy or me, for that matter.

If AT is going to get sacked at least get someone in who has managed before. It makes me laugh that people attack AT for being a scout and not an experienced manager then say they want Carsley. Makes no sense to me.

The bolded line makes little sense as most cov fans including myself and most others were pleased to see the job go to Thorn after a good start.
I agree Carsley has little experience but I would still rather him than you or Oggy. As he has played over 500 competitive games and played in the modern era up to 2010 and has had some success in a short time at lower levels of football and has been collecting his coaching badges over the last 5 years and has some contacts in the game as shown by effectively getting Gardner on loan earlier in the season. These are 4 aspects that Thorn had none of when he was given the job.

If Thorn were to leave obviously it would not be ideal giving someone the job who has no experience but that is where the club is at, at this moment.
I just don't understand as to why you would be so opposed to Carsley.

@NLHW
I seriously doubt Carsely has learned a lot from Thorn's "mentoring". Maybe he has been teaching Carsley how to play slow, dull and ineffective football? or maybe how to throw away a lead in 30 seconds?
Carsley is his own man with his own opinions and philosophy on football and his own way of management and handling situations, that post makes it sound as if Thorn is moulding Carsley in his own image.

Users who are viewing this thread