Judicial Review thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's almost like you weren't complaining like buggery about our "low" wage bill when we got relegated despite it being more than our total turnover isn't it?

Equally, if you read back, I commented about the basket case of football finances, not just ours. Football clubs, be they ours or anyone else's shouldn't think they can operate outside the rules if business; then go habitually bust, or expect to have their existance subsidised when they pay astronomical wages

James Smith

So you actually believe that the clubs turnover was in fact £24-25m not £10.8m in 2012/13? That goes against all of the figures OSB has put forward. Yes, talk about people believing what they want to believe....

I thought and I may have the wrong end of the stick given my head feels like it's full of cotton wool.....but was that figure referring to 2006 i.e. just after we moved to the Ricoh.

H

Huckerby

cant wait to read all of this crap to get involved with the arguments x

Grendel

You are classic, Ranson left as SISU would not let him run the club his way and now you try and make out CCFC stopped paying the rent. NEWS is SISU told them to stop paying and as SISU own CCFC it is them who stopped paying.

Ranson was an incompetent idiot. It figures you liked him.

Maybe, but potentially (if the bail out is found illegal state aid) ACL could be forced to repay the money and look for a new (private sector) lender.
That may be very difficult without the main tenant - ACL could potentially go bust.
And the lease will revert back to the council as the freehold owners.

ladespiser

Any support provided by the
council to a trading company counts as
assistance – whether in cash or in kind.
Significant subsidies in grants, assets,
services or kind could be deemed State aid
which is regulated under European
competition rules to stop contractors gaining
an unfair advantage over others. If the total
adds up to more than €200,000 the council
may need to seek permission to proceed
from the European Commission.
To avoid State aid issues, the trading
company should pay commercial rates for all
staff time, premises, payroll, finance, HR,
assets, access to IT systems and other
support that it gets from the local authority.
The council should avoid treating a trading
company more favourably than it would treat any other third party contractor.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

In fairness he was one of a few SISU appointed failures at the time. Orange Ken, Igne, 'Text in a sub' Brodie. It sometimes amazes me that folk will readily hark back to Richardson and gloss over what happened early-doors with SISU officers.

Chipfat

Please tell me the difference between RR, KD, Tim and Ogne out of interest!! because not one has been an outstanding chairman. And as we all must like one of the previous it would be interesting to know your preference among the growing list of incompetent idiots Sisu have hired and trusted.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Any support provided by the
council to a trading company counts as
assistance – whether in cash or in kind.
Significant subsidies in grants, assets,
services or kind could be deemed State aid
which is regulated under European
competition rules to stop contractors gaining
an unfair advantage over others. If the total
adds up to more than €200,000 the council
may need to seek permission to proceed
from the European Commission.
To avoid State aid issues, the trading
company should pay commercial rates for all
staff time, premises, payroll, finance, HR,
assets, access to IT systems and other
support that it gets from the local authority.
The council should avoid treating a trading
company more favourably than it would treat any other third party contractor.

Is that altered if the council have a vested interest on the trading company; and could be seen to protect its investment via any support?

Grendel

Ranson could not do anything as the SISU guy on CCFC board kept blocking his ideas. It is why he resigned.

Ranson did plenty.

Appointed crap managers
Sanctioned the signing of dross players - most notably Eastwood
Made loans to the club with interesting interest rates
Failed to sell any players for significant transfer fees
The list is endless

Incompetent, useless and we'd be a damn site better off if we'd never seen the sight of him.

NorthernWisdom

In fairness he was one of a few SISU appointed failures at the time. Orange Ken, Igne, 'Text in a sub' Brodie. It sometimes amazes me that folk will readily hark back to Richardson and gloss over what happened early-doors with SISU officers.

Yup, their selection of bedfellows not the best.

Ironic that away from the obvious(!) Fisher actually seems the most competent of them all!

A bit like saying I prefer cat shit to dog shit that, though.

M&B Stand

The damage had been done before any sisu clown appeared

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yup, their selection of bedfellows not the best.

Ironic that away from the obvious(!) Fisher actually seems the most competent of them all!

A bit like saying I prefer cat shit to dog shit that, though.

Yes. The resultant rent strike would have much more credibility if early SISU appointees had publicly articulated its relevance instead of discussing the idea of Sky Blue Sam skipping a few dinners

Chipfat

Put it down to who you like to suit whatever opinion you have, but you know who has the biggest say on how the club is ran and it isn't or wasn't RR..

ladespiser

there is a cieling of 200,000 euros. after which you need european commision permision, there is no way the council have complied

the problem for ccc is the fact they offered so much and kept the matter a secret from SISU, its anti competitive because SISU were making a play for the ownership of the ricoh, the non payment of rent was not about the rent it was a targeted action to bring down the price of ACL. CCC acted to take the price of ACL back up ... hence all the quotes of 6 million and 12 million etc... CCC faced losing a large amount of money if SISU aquired ACL. Hence the action it took - so it also hiked up its own company worth but by means of public cash not private cash .. . .. in other words state aid.

Local authorities can run business, but they can not use public moneys to do so they are supposed to use banks and act as a tradinig company .

local authority trading companies: here :: https://www.gov.uk/state-aid

lordsummerisle

Put it down to who you like to suit whatever opinion you have, but you know who has the biggest say on how the club is ran and it isn't or wasn't RR..

He brought them here, so he has the biggest responsibility for bringing them here, along with those who welcomed them with open arms, Elliott, the council, 99% of the fans...

Ranson did plenty.

Appointed crap managers
The list is endless

Incompetent, useless and we'd be a damn site better off if we'd never seen the sight of him.

Who hired Ranson, was it the council or SISU?

ladespiser

exactly that is a good question, with the city council prepared to back it all the way there arent any, which then raises monolopy issues, but thankfully that hasnt raised its head in the JR

Rusty Trombone

there is a cieling of 200,000 euros. after which you need european commision permision, there is no way the council have complied

the problem for ccc is the fact they offered so much and kept the matter a secret from SISU, its anti competitive because SISU were making a play for the ownership of the ricoh, the non payment of rent was not about the rent it was a targeted action to bring down the price of ACL. CCC acted to take the price of ACL back up ... hence all the quotes of 6 million and 12 million etc... CCC faced losing a large amount of money if SISU aquired ACL. Hence the action it took - so it also hiked up its own company worth but by means of public cash not private cash .. . .. in other words state aid.

Local authorities can run business, but they can not use public moneys to do so they are supposed to use banks and act as a tradinig company .

The judge may as well stop the review now (you do know there is a review of this going on?). You should have mentioned this before.

Who said they used public money, I understand it was money the council got from a bank loan.

Chipfat

Again pick who you want i don't care, but he has left and Sisu are still in control, i don't think any of the names mentioned are or have been good for our club.. I also think some have lead the owners down the wrong path but if they hire and trust these people they have to take ownership of the problem when it goes wrong, not carry on eyes closed to an ever increasing problem...

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The problem with that, surely, would be that for SISU to establish themselves as 'competitor' in that context, they'd need to admit the distressing tactic. Which in public protestations they've always denied. 'Average League One rents', 'it's all about revenues, stupid', etc.

Unless they 'fess up, I don't see them as 'competitor' and there falling at the first hurdle?!?

shmmeee

Ranson did plenty.

Appointed crap managers
The list is endless

Not that I disagree. But how many of them have changed since he left?

lordsummerisle

Not that I disagree. But how many of them have changed since he left?

Think done better with managers in Robins and Pressley(so far), and received decent sums for Bigi, Keogh and Clarke in comparision to what we have done previously.

Looks like holding out for top money on Wilson too, though as with anything, if we sell a player "It's too cheap and will really miss him", if we don't, it's "Why didn't we sell him or extend his contract rather than let his contract run down?" or "Why did we give him a massive contract?He's useless".

Very few ways any owners of any club can win with any fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread