JR Verdict Thread (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

ML at his mini forums told us they had offered CCC an out of court settlement who does that if they believe they are right?
Whilst that's a possibility it's not guaranteed and I would be surprised if Sisu had gone ahead with the proceedings knowing that they were very unlikely to win. I'm hoping that this provides the stimulus for either concrete (pun not intended) news about the new stadium or future talks on a return to the Ricoh.

No one knows but again at every meeting i've been to our leaders have tld us that this is the case and 8
I have been to quite a few. Again you don't know that they are going to move us away and anything could happen. What we need is for the footballing authorities to get tough and require more work on the new stadium, like the potential location.

Trouble is so do sisu!
I do agree with that though.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Just read Simon's summary.

Comprehensive dismissal of SISU claim.

Most interesting though was comment that the loan may have been for more than A C L 's worth at the time of the loan from CCC.

skybluetony176

reading SG's write up it sounds like SISU dropped a bollock in not just paying Higgs what Higgs thought they were owed when negotiations broke down as he seemed to use that case against sisu's arguement.

"The final matter looked at Sisu’s claims the council had undermined negotiations by pursuing a separate deal with ACL’s bank.But the judge underlined a judgment by Justice Leggatt in the earlier Sisu v Alan Edward Higgs case which said negotiations between Sisu and the council had fallen apart by August 2012.
He added a potential deal with Sisu for the bank debt “ceased to be a material consideration well before January 2013”.

M&B Stand

First they came for the catering, and I didn't speak up because I don't eat burgers at half time.
Then they came for the car park and I didn't speak up because I parked at the cherry tree.
Then they can for the rent and I didn't speak up because "they all agreed to it".
And then they came for the matchday fees and there was no one left to speak up because the football club had gone out of business.

James Smith

ML at his mini forums told us they had offered CCC an out of court settlement who does that if they believe they are right?

As I wasn't at any of the meetings with ML I'll have to take your word for that, but it's interesting that if he was correct the council didn't take them up on that. The temptation to say fat chance you started it, so see you in court was obviously overwhelming. I assume he didn't elaborate on what the settlement terms they offered were did he?

Skyblueweeman

Lets hope these scum now leave with their tales between their legs.
The Sisu apologists are already squirming but they "are just supporting the team"
I can forgive them but not Sisu. Fuck Off.

Jesus Christ....who the hell are these SISU apologists? No one wants them here...but at the moment, there's no alternative to buy the club and our club was being run as a sh*t hole in terms of finances before they came in to town. Everyone agrees they've royally screwed things up over the Northampton situation...no one is apologising for them.

WM

Lorksalordy

Looking for positives in all of this.......and failing

Seems to me the statements from both sides could have been released the day after the move to Sixfields rather than a year later. A year has effectively been wasted during which time relations have worsened considerably, a bucket-load of cash and time has been spent to achieve precisely nothing. We are no further forward.

The new stadium is plainly the biggest crock of shite and that seems the next area to focus on now. Surely some pressure from the Football League is now in order to provide some sort of tangible evidence that this remains "Plan A" via the payment of bond that was conditional on progress being made. If they were interested of course.....

Depressed.

dadgad

First they came for the catering, and I didn't speak up because I don't eat burgers at half time.
Then they came for the car park and I didn't speak up because I parked at the cherry tree.
Then they can for the rent and I didn't speak up because "they all agreed to it".
And then they came for the matchday fees and there was no one left to speak up because the football club had gone out of business.

Exactly!
We have appeased these bloodsuckers for too long.

shmmeee

Jesus Christ....who the hell are these SISU apologists? No one wants them here...but at the moment, there's no alternative to buy the club and our club was being run as a sh*t hole in terms of finances before they came in to town. Everyone agrees they've royally screwed things up over the Northampton situation...no one is apologising for them.

WM

But a bid for the club was rejected just last week?

RoboCCFC90

So I am at work and some lad comes up to me and tells me the ruling at Court when in the Council's favour, can't say I was massively surprised by it, but that's life..

However I would say those expecting Sisu to sell up or run back to the Ricoh with their Tails between their Legs are very hopeful this situation will just make Sisu take the next move on the chess board..

Except everyone else is becoming tired of these games..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paxman II

The next move on the chess board though has even more limited appeal (no pun intended)

Joy has to grow some balls (that's a scary thought) and show some humility and announce plan B quickly and effectively.

Without that, I fear even the most hardened among us will lose all faith in SISU and the future of our football club hangs on a thread.

The Gentleman

So I am at work and some lad comes up to me and tells me the ruling at Court when in the Council's favour, can't say I was massively surprised by it, but that's life..

However I would say those expecting Sisu to sell up or run back to the Ricoh with their Tails between their Legs are very hopeful this situation will just make Sisu take the next move on the chess board..

What moves have they actually got left Robo? Stay at Sixfields losing millions every year until Legoland is built which will cost them a further £35 million at least and add that to the debt we will likely be in in 5 years, do you really think that they can sell a shit stadium in the middle of nowhere for upwards of £70 million? Lets not forget what they valued the Ricoh at and were willing to pay for it.

I would say that they have very little room to move at all now.

shmmeee

And ditto those who thought a Sisu win would bring us home immediately.

Each move brings us closer to the endgame, whatever it may be. If this shuts off the Ricoh as a route then hopefully it backs Joy into a corner. Where can she go now? Maybe string the stadium stuff out another season, perhaps two if they buy land, but do you really think she'll drop £20-30m out of spite?

James Smith

M&B Stand said:
You are aware that the Sisu QC said in court that the high rent the club was charged by ACL was a direct result of the YB mortgage aren't you?

M&B Stand

You are aware that the Sisu QC said in court that the high rent the club was charged by ACL was a direct result of the YB mortgage aren't you?

I'm aware the whole thing is a shitfest, neither the football club nor ACL had a decent business plan for a symbiotic relationship. We should gone into administration that Friday sisu that 'saved' us. It'd all have been sorted out then, as it is the slow death continues to drag out.

Can't wait for the new season me.

Chez78

Right then you bunch of cunts. Let's get back to the fucking Ricoh.

2cdg0p2.jpg

Officially your finest work, you've been slacking on the GIFs but this is a fucking home run

RoboCCFC90

What moves have they actually got left Robo? Stay at Sixfields losing millions every year until Legoland is built which will cost them a further £35 million at least and add that to the debt we will likely be in in 5 years, do you really think that they can sell a shit stadium in the middle of nowhere for upwards of £70 million? Lets not forget what they valued the Ricoh at and were willing to pay for it.

I would say that they have very little room to move at all now.

Well they could move the King or Queen but they're likely to lose it if they do...

Away from the chessboard we all know that the building of Legoland financially has no sense, specifically if the Ground is built outside of the City bounds that surround Coventry. The best thing as I have said for many of moon would be for Sisu to discuss either one or two options:

- A purchase of ACL..

- A long term rental agreement..

However neither of these options are easy to accommodate as they both have flaws, for instance with a long term rental agreement I would want the Club to benefit from all the revenue that the Club itself generates but that isn't currently possible..

The first step would be taking KCIC's deal to go back to the Ricoh, this way over the next three years it allows negotiations to take place with a mediator to establish fair valuations and a fair deal for all parties.

Users who are viewing this thread