JPT - Only Swindon to be concerned about? (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Kind of yes. You just know all the Leicester, etc fans will be laughing at us getting all excited over the JPT.

How old are you out of interest? If you are a grown adult why would you give a flying fuck about that?

SlowerThanPlatt

It's funny all this. 'The JPT's tinpot' 'we'll get laughed at by the Leicester boys for taking it seriously'. I'm sure playing at Sixfields, losing our stadium to a London based rugby team, nearly getting relegated to League 2, not finishing in the top 6 for 45 years, is more of a reason to have a bit of a laugh at our expense, than winning a trophy at Wembley.

I guarantee if we got to Wembley or the area final again they'll be taking a little more interest.

Steve.B50

Being a midweek game, it'll be just our luck we will get Exeter or Plymouth. Then again, all are treks for midweek. Bristol midweek will be a jaunt too. Bleeding M5 traffic!

Dont mind Exeter, one of only 8 grounds I have never seen City play at.

torchomatic

I've been there a couple of times but never to see City, just been whilst I was on holiday down there. One time I had the choccy brown top on and the guy who was serving at the tea kiosk was from Cov, he was at Uni down there.

Nice little ground.
Dont mind Exeter, one of only 8 grounds I have never seen City play at.

CJ_covblaze

View attachment 4580

Think I would still fancy our chances against Swindon at home, but we should be able to progress further again this season shouldn't we?

It's not as if TM can even experiment too much with the small squad we have. Going to pretty much be our best 11 anyway I would have thought.

Exeter away please. One of the few of the 92 I'm yet to visit. You've gotta love a competition that puts Rochdale in the North East and Wycombe in the South West.

Went to Luton/Orient last night. Orient were a great bunch but I've never known a crowd to have so little interest about a game. Never the less the atmosphere was still decent and it was more about having a good time than bothering about the result.

There was a brilliant Luton goal that's well worth a watch in the first half and probably the funniest moment I've whitnessed at any match. Luton's Jack Marriott missed an absolute sitter from a few yards out. The Orient fans (we joined in too!) behind that goal highlighted this to him in the same way our fans told Millwall's faithful what we thought of their team's performance the other week. He responded with a middle finger in our direction. The ref walked over and showed him a straight red! Even the Luton fans were pissing themselves laughing.

There was further amusement in the away end when Josh McQuoid came on for Luton, completely fluffed his first touch and I explained to those around us that we got him in part exchange for Callum Wilson a year ago. He remained pretty ineffective but Blair Turgott who started for Orient looked reasonable. Quick and created most of his side's chances. Bit of an enigma that one. Shame it didn't work out here.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Didn't I just kinda hint at that?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

You did. It's just that they were so shit I thought I bed make that clear to save anyone who doesn't appreciate your sense of humour from clicking the link accidentally thinking he must be good and then feeling the urge to get on youtube to check out one of his songs and doing irretrievably damage to their ear's. Call it charity work.

Covstu

I would take Swindon at home, if we lose we were clearly not good enough and therefore concentrate back on the league, if we will we can be confident of hitting the regional finals. Plymouth away would be a tricky tie also.

SlowerThanPlatt

Bristol Rovers away is the only game which will excite me. A 'proper' football club and ground, terracing for the away stand.

Last time we played them was in 1964.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Bristol Rovers away is the only game which will excite me. A 'proper' football club and ground, terracing for the away stand.

Last time we played them was in 1964.

Sure I went last year. Looked a little like 1964 but sure it wasn't! :D

Guessing you mean competitively.

Remember last years friendly as it rained and they wouldn't open the covered area for us!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Yeovil away nice and local for me,45 mins in the car !!!

covcity4life

Wanted home draw as curious to see how at tendencies are with mowbray footy gor a fiver.

Let's just hope we win this as it don't take long to become exciting.

rd45

Was surprised to see Yeovil are 21st in league 2. How have they cocked it up so fast after being in the championship just the other year?

Hobo

Swindon Exeter and Oxford would all be tough. Yeovil won't be easy.

I always love love the complacency of our fans....then they moan like hell when someone gives us a tough game.

Users who are viewing this thread