JPT - Only Swindon to be concerned about? (1 Viewer)

Otis

JPT.jpg

Think I would still fancy our chances against Swindon at home, but we should be able to progress further again this season shouldn't we?

It's not as if TM can even experiment too much with the small squad we have. Going to pretty much be our best 11 anyway I would have thought.

sky_blue_up_north

I know it's 'tinpot' but love to win this cup, something to shout about, and a day at Wembley.

torchomatic

Yeah, be good to avoid Swindon or if we can't at least play them at home. I was confident last year until we got Bristol City.

Samo

I know we need to acknowledge and accept our current status but I am still embarrassed to be playing in it.

pusbccfc

Some potentially awful away draws.

skybluesam66

very few league 1 teams in southern sections in general - Northern is almost all league 1
This is a real opportunity (until we get drawn away at swindon)

pusbccfc

When do the two groups go into one south draw? We could get a home game first, and then skip some potential long trips (if we get through).

Samo

Why? Is it embarrassing if we go to Wembley and win it with 40,000 Cov fans there?

Kind of yes. You just know all the Leicester, etc fans will be laughing at us getting all excited over the JPT.

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't understand some fans. We're not going to get to the final of the League Cup (already out), we're most likely not going to get to the FA cup final, we COULD get through to Wembley through the play offs but even that's still a difficult task.

Why not take the JPT seriously? It's our best chance of reaching Wembley this season. We all witnessed the buzz when we got through the area final, imagine waking up on a Sunday morning and knowing you're going to see your team play at Wembley with 40,000 others.

Quick question: 4th in the league, 60/40 chance of winning the play offs or win the JPT, reach the FA Cup semi final at Wembley but finish 19th as a consequence?

SlowerThanPlatt

Kind of yes. You just know all the Leicester, etc fans will be laughing at us getting all excited over the JPT.

:D I'm sure we've been more embarrassed before than winning a trophy (one of little importance in the football world, granted) and having 40,000 there to witness it.

skyblue1991

Swindon next tie for me then.

If we want to win this JPT (as small as it is) we should be able to beat them home or away.

Grendel

I don't understand some fans. We're not going to get to the final of the League Cup (already out), we're most likely not going to get to the FA cup final, we COULD get through to Wembley through the play offs but even that's still a difficult task.

Why not take the JPT seriously? It's our best chance of reaching Wembley this season. We all witnessed the buzz when we got through the area final, imagine waking up on a Sunday morning and knowing you're going to see your team play at Wembley with 40,000 others.

Quick question: 4th in the league, 60/40 chance of winning the play offs or win the JPT, reach the FA Cup semi final at Wembley but finish 19th as a consequence?

4th every time.

ceetee

It's not a tin pot, it's a paint pot, and it's the only trophy we have a chance of winning before I'm too old to go footballing.

lifeskyblue

4th in league for me. We would either go up in playoffs or show we were serious contenders for promotion following season. Finishing 19th even with good cup runs would not be positive in attracting players for the next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

torchomatic

Agree. Still rather avoid them though.

Swindon next tie for me then.

If we want to win this JPT (as small as it is) we should be able to beat them home or away.

covbhoy

4th in league for me. We would either go up in playoffs or show we were serious contenders for promotion following season. Finishing 19th even with good cup runs would not be positive in attracting players for the next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4th in the league for me also,it would mean we showed consistency for a season for the first time in ages

covcity4life

defo wanna win it. next year we will be in championship and never have a chance again to get this one!

watch us draw swindon now!

Otis

Being a midweek game, it'll be just our luck we will get Exeter or Plymouth. Then again, all are treks for midweek. Bristol midweek will be a jaunt too. Bleeding M5 traffic!

You should be rich like me and use a helicopter.

Users who are viewing this thread