JPT draw: 9.30am Soccer AM (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

So we'll all be watching Hells Bells make the draw.... The pot is small (northern east section...) City will play one of Burton Albion, Chesterfield, Notts County, Oldham Athletic, Rotherham United, Scunthorpe United or York City.

Assuming you care; who would you like? Home/Away and if you join after the draw...your thoughts on the draw..?

I'm hoping for Burton away...as its close and we won't play them again...

LastGarrison

Rotherham. If it's on a Saturday.

Few of us have got a couple of mates that way through watching England so that would be perfect for a Jolly Boys.

Failing that Notts County. See how our old mate Hughes is getting on.

skybluemark666

York city please

Few of us have got a couple of mates that way through watching England so that would be perfect for a Jolly B

Failing that Notts County. See how our old mate Hughes is getting on.[/QUOTE]

Otis

I know I may well get shouted down here on this one but I really just feel this tinpot cup is nothing but an irritating distraction we could do without.

Got to be the league for us this season and the only objective we should be concentrating on is getting out of the bleedin thing.

Wouldn't be at all too bothered if we get knocked out of this so-called cup in the first round. The last thing we need is even more games to contend with and more potential for injuries etc.

ampthill_sba

I know I may well get shouted down here on this one but I really just feel this tinpot cup is nothing but an irritating distraction we could do without.

Got to be the league for us this season and the only objective we should be concentrating on is getting out of the bleedin thing.

Wouldn't be at all too bothered if we get knocked out of this so-called cup in the first round. The last thing we need is even more games to contend with and more potential for injuries etc.

Don't disagree: but setting out to lose a game has unforeseen outcomes affecting confidence etc. Better to try and win everything to get the bonus of 'feel good factor' permeating the key objective: promotion.

It's an analogy but: remember when Villa threw away a chance to win the Uefa cup in a bid to get into Champions League? Lost in uefa cup and failed to get into top 4. They then wished they'd tried to win the uefa cup.

If we were to fail on promotion but get a day out at Wembley that would be a memorable/enjoyable consolation. Promotion is key though; I think a cup run can help. A cup run in the FA Cup conversely would distract players and cause an unwanted diversion...

Marty

I want us to reach Wembley at least once. Been a few times but never saw us their. I think we should deal with the competition like we would with the FA cup and go out to win it. It'll be our best chance for years to win something.

Bertola

yep, winning trophies add to a winning mentality for the club. Lets not turn our nose up at it

torchomatic

I have to agree. I don't think it's a distraction at all. Yes, the league is a priority, but if we can get a foothold in this competition then the confidence will undoubtedly grow. I wouldn't turn my nose up to a Cup run no matter what the competition.

Marty

about to be drawn. quite fancy Burton away.

Otis

If I thought we would get to Wembley I would agree, but we are notorious for giant killings being inflicted upon us and I can see no difference this year.

No point playing 3 extra games in the season for nothing.

When was the last time we had a winning mentality about us? Personally, I don't think we will have a cat in hell's chance of getting to Wembley, unless it is through the play-offs.

Marty

Give over man. Obviously we're going up as champions so we need to get to Wembley somehow :p

torchomatic

Well, if we don't have a winning mentality then we're not going to get to Wembley through the play-offs either, are we?

JPT is a showcase for us to show our mettle against teams of similar abilities. It would do the squad a lot of good. Obviously, we could go out in the first round and if we do we do.

At the end of the day though, there's no choice, we're in it, so we might as well do the best we can. No one is going to sniff at the chance of a trip to Wembley.

When was the last time we had a winning mentality about us? Personally, I don't think we will have a cat in hell's chance of getting to Wembley, unless it is through the play-offs.

Users who are viewing this thread