JPT draw: 9.30am Soccer AM (1 Viewer)

Gray

How come we didn't get a bye?

coundonskyblue

A lot of the similar clubs to us that fell down to the 3rd tier have won this & in many ways in symbolised their return back up the leagues.

torchomatic

What's happening? I'm at work today so can't see the tele.

TommyZoom

Aha, "Coventry City, aren't they in the Premier League"

Oh well Burton Albion is a good draw, another home tie.

torchomatic

When's it being played?

Otis

Well, if we don't have a winning mentality then we're not going to get to Wembley through the play-offs either, are we?

JPT is a showcase for us to show our mettle against teams of similar abilities. It would do the squad a lot of good. Obviously, we could go out in the first round and if we do we do.

At the end of the day though, there's no choice, we're in it, so we might as well do the best we can. No one is going to sniff at the chance of a trip to Wembley.

Which is why I have predicted 14th.

Gaz

Any day out at Wembley with the city would be fantastic, so I really hope we do well in the JPT.

torchomatic

Otis

Had this same conversation with someone else.

It's not that there are 13 teams better than us, it's the Coventry City have the ability to be worse than 13 teams.

Historically proven, even when we have had much better squads than our rivals around us. Happened time and time and time again.

Why should this season be any different? Not mental at all. Just based on historical fact and realism.

torchomatic

Thankfully, things don't always stay the same. Maybe there's no reason why it should be any different to previous seasons and similarly there's no reason why it shouldn't.

Had this same conversation with someone else.

It's not that there are 13 teams better than us, it's the Coventry City have the ability to be worse than 13 teams.

Historically proven, even when we have had much better squads than our rivals around us. Happened time and time and time again.

Why should this season be any different? Not mental at all. Just based on historical fact and realism.

Otis

Thankfully, things don't always stay the same. Maybe there's no reason why it should be any different to previous seasons and similarly there's no reason why it shouldn't.

I am of course hoping that now we are at this level that it will indeed be different.

There has to be a level where we can finally succeed. It may well be this level. I think it may well be in time.

Just don't think it will be this season though. Think this season will be about finding our feet and stabilising.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wednesday came 16th in their first season down, and bar Leicester and Norwich few have come back up immediately. We have the capability to do so but I would be quite happy with a play off venture for this season.

Users who are viewing this thread