JP heading out on loan (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Coventry are considering loaning out Jordan Ponticelli before the close of the loan window next week with a number League Two clubs chasing his signature. #Coventry #skyblues #ccfc

From PoR SSN

Bertola

Tricky one with Max's injury.

If we've spoken to Ponticelli about him needing to get out on loan and play regular football, then it's not right to keep him for a bench appearance here and there just because Max is injured....however if he goes and we sign Chaplin (or similar), he falls further down the pecking order.

Ash

Quite annoyed by this if I’m honest. Saw him against Oxford when he came on and brought a different dynamic up top with Biamou, made a real difference. Also had a pretty tidy finish from a header ruled out (unfairly for me!) for offside which proves that he’s a finisher. Never understood why he never got more of a run out in the first team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Some might say he's the only natural goalscorer we've got.

Would be happy for him to go on loan, but now we have lost Biamou and are already a striker down I'm not so sure. To lose two strikers in a week is not the best of business. I know Jones is due back, but what if he takes a lot longer than expected to return.

Nick

Administrator
He isn't the same sort of player as Biamou though so in theory we can't chuck him in and expect him to do the same thing now Biamou is injured. He is the sort of player that would thrive from playing alongside Biamou.

Otis

He isn't the same sort of player as Biamou though so in theory we can't chuck him in and expect him to do the same thing now Biamou is injured. He is the sort of player that would thrive from playing alongside Biamou.
Agree.

It's still losing two strikers though.

Bertola

I think the comments re: Biamou, are more in the ssuggestion (hope>) that we change system and go to two up front

Ash

Of course no one’s expecting him to be a similar player to Biamou or play in a similar role, but in a change of system alongside JCH then he could do a job

Otis

Of course no one’s expecting him to be a similar player to Biamou or play in a similar role, but in a change of system alongside JCH then he could do a job

It's the only combination I can see working for him right now.

larry_david

Good move. Imagine if we started jp and he doesn't fire for 2 games. He'll be hounded out. Doesn't need that at his stage of development and get him back in Jan when we've started playing football and he's more confident

Terry Gibson's perm

I think the fans would have a bit more patience with him as he’s one of our own, he needs to play off somebody I would play him with JCH and see if Bristol rovers still want that lump

skybluegod

I seriously doubt he will be going out on loan now that Biamou is out for the season basically.
Bakayoko I doubt will be in the team for a while. Would argue he is 2nd/3rd choice right now

Nick

Administrator
I think it will be JCH and Hiwula but with Ponti / Bakayoko on the bench.

It just depends what Robins tries to do. If we are going to start creating chances then give Ponticelli a chance, if we are going to play 1 up top and stick him on the wing for the last 10 minutes then loan him out.

Magwitch

I can’t understand loaning him out either, not as if we are championship or higher so it’s division 2 or non-league, perhaps Scottish I suppose, why not here ? but in his correct position partnering one of our centre-forwards.

Adge

I think the fans would have a bit more patience with him as he’s one of our own, he needs to play off somebody I would play him with JCH and see if Bristol rovers still want that lump
So we give him an easy ride then but not others because “he’s one of our own”?:emoji_thinking:

Adge

Some might say he's the only natural goalscorer we've got.

Would be happy for him to go on loan, but now we have lost Biamou and are already a striker down I'm not so sure. To lose two strikers in a week is not the best of business. I know Jones is due back, but what if he takes a lot longer than expected to return.
What a load of cobblers that “natural goalscorer” theory is. Where are the goals then?

CCFC54321

If Robins is saying that Bakayoko is a better player than Ponticelli then I fucking give up.

Bakayoko will turn out to me one of our worst signings ever. I though Vincenti was a terrible signing but Bakayoko takes it to another level.

I can’t believe Robins signed Bakayoko and must have had him pushed on him. That’s the only excuse I can think of? It’s like going out with 10 men and were handicapped straight away with him. No wonder players get pissed off with Bakayoko in the starting 11.

Before anyone asks no I’m not a fan of him!

vow

So we give him an easy ride then but not others because “he’s one of our own”?:emoji_thinking:
No, not an easy ride ffs.
Get behind him (and the team) and see if that works, eh?

covcity4life

If Robins is saying that Bakayoko is a better player than Ponticelli then I fucking give up.

Bakayoko will turn out to me one of our worst signings ever. I though Vincenti was a terrible signing but Bakayoko takes it to another level.

I can’t believe Robins signed Bakayoko and must have had him pushed on him. That’s the only excuse I can think of? It’s like going out with 10 men and were handicapped straight away with him. No wonder players get pissed off with Bakayoko in the starting 11.

Before anyone asks no I’m not a fan of him!
you prob said same before he kicked a ball for city though

Otis

What a load of cobblers that “natural goalscorer” theory is. Where are the goals then?
He is a natural goalscorer. I think you know exactly what I mean by that.

JCH isn't a natural goalscorer. Biamou isn't a natural goalscorer. Bakayoko isn't a natural goalscorer.

McNulty was. McGoldrick was. Think you know exactly what I mean. It's a instinct thing and a natural finisher thing.

covcity4life

Oh FFS get the shit of your eyes and be honest the guys utter shite and if you was honest you would admit that and also admit that he isn’t going to improve a great deal.
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread