JP heading out on loan (5 Viewers)

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Definitely a good move for him, great goal scoring record for the number of minutes he plays but coming on as a sub and nicking a goal is different from starting a match and working at it for 90 mins. Hopefully he will learn a lot on loan and cement a position in our senior squad when he returns.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
look at it this way, if chaplin end up being shit and JP bangs them in up till january if we can recall him how bad lol.

better days

How's his luck
If he hadn't played for us in the first round he'd have a game v West Ham at the Olympic stadium to look forward to................

GaryJones

Lucky Macclesfield - they've got a goalscorer on their hands now!
Go for it Ponticelli - then come back in January and show us what you've got!
Good luck lad.

Londonccfcfan

Gutted if true, would rather Bakayoko go out on loan than this talented youngster!

Was really hoping hoping he had role to play this season.

CCFC54321

Gutted if true, would rather Bakayoko go out on loan than this talented youngster!

Was really hoping hoping he had role to play this season.
We was talking about this earlier and the thoughts are bakayoko won’t play much of a part now due to he won’t be able to play along side Chaplin and he’s simply not good enough and may end up on loan in January.

Mucca Mad Boys

Good move for him because Macclesfield are struggling. It will mean that he’ll be a main man for them.

I really want him to smash it and have a really good season for them.

Magwitch

Who says Bakayoko can’t play with Chaplin ? What if Chaplin can’t play with Bakayoko ? It’s all going to depend on how Robins sets his stall out and gets us to play and the roles players are asked to play, if we play to feet and not necks I think if done properly the likes of Chaplin, Bakayoko, JCH, Hiwula and Jones will cause loads of problems and we have Allassini, too. Why are so-called fans writing Bakayoko off so soon, I just don’t understand it.

Last edited:

GaryJones

Who says Bakayoko can’t play with Chaplin ? What if Chaplin can’t play with Bakayoko ? It’s all going to depend on how Robins sets his stall out and gets us to play and the roles players are asked to play, if we play to feet and not necks I think if done properly the likes of Chaplin, Bakayoko, JCH, Hiwula and Jones will cause loads of problems and we have Allassini, too. Why are so-called fans writing Bakayoko off so soon, I just don’t understand it.
here-here!!

Esoterica

Ponti to Macclesfield is a season long loan with an option to recall in January, according to MR in his interview.

Liquid Gold

Ponti to Macclesfield is a season long loan with an option to recall in January, according to MR in his interview.
I thought you couldn't do a recall clause any more, it was just a Jan or end of season loan. Maybe it's a Jan loan with an agreement that we will extend to the end of season on the same terms as long as we don't need him

better days

It was the same with McNulty last year until he started scoring regularly
Every club has a minority of fans of this type
Social media has made it a lot worse

skyblueelephant76

I thought you couldn't do a recall clause any more, it was just a Jan or end of season loan. Maybe it's a Jan loan with an agreement that we will extend to the end of season on the same terms as long as we don't need him
You can have a Jan recall clause but you can't recall outside the transfer window.

hill83

Will do him and us good. He needs game time. I think he'll score goals and could well be in and around our team in January.

Sky Blue Harry H

Will do him and us good. He needs game time. I think he'll score goals and could well be in and around our team in January.
Agree with this. Saw the season long loan bit and thought 'what if he's banging them in and we have an injury's but if there's a recall option, then fine.

SkyBlueCRJ

We was talking about this earlier and the thoughts are bakayoko won’t play much of a part now due to he won’t be able to play along side Chaplin and he’s simply not good enough and may end up on loan in January.

I really wouldn't suggest that's the case at all. You physically cannot make such a judgement after 4/5 games

Nonleagueherewecome

Hope he tears it up there. Interesting thought: is Ponticelli to us what Chaplin was to Pompey? Great goal-to-minutes ratio, One Of Our Own, rarely given a start let alone a run of games, sometimes played out wide...I do wonder if we could have saved ourselves half a million quid by giving him a chance?

JP is a few years younger though, so has time to develop and come back stronger hopefully.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hope he tears it up there. Interesting thought: is Ponticelli to us what Chaplin was to Pompey? Great goal-to-minutes ratio, One Of Our Own, rarely given a start let alone a run of games, sometimes played out wide...I do wonder if we could have saved ourselves half a million quid by giving him a chance?

JP is a few years younger though, so has time to develop and come back stronger hopefully.

I don’t think so. Ponticelli is still a raw 20yr old, a good instinctual finisher, but MR is of the opinion his overall game isn’t up to scratch. We were chasing promotion last year so we weren’t in a position to be patient with him, so this is the perfect platform for JP to showcase his abilities.

Given that we sold McNulty, to then rely on said unproven 20yr old striker is asking for trouble. Unlike Chaplin, Ponticelli won his first academy contract at 18, whereas Chaplin had broke into their first team by 17. For Chaplin at Pompey, his career was stagnating, this isn’t the case with Ponticelli. The two players are very much at different stages of their careers despite being of a similar age.

It’s an interesting thought though. Even more interesting to see what happens if JP goes and has a really good season with Macclesfield.

higgs

I hope he learns his trade gets 20 goals and comes back next season and gets a regular spot in our team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fatso

I hope he learns his trade gets 20 goals and comes back next season and gets a regular spot in our team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If Chaplin does well here, I’d be very surprised to see Ponticelli return.
Especially if he’s getting regular game time on loan. Why would he want to return, just to spend more time on the bench.

My first post but an avid reader of many years.

Just read that JP has gone off injured in the 1st half for Macclesfield. I really hope it is nothing serious for his sake. Things aren't quite going his way.

Users who are viewing this thread