Joy Seppala at Warwick University (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Once at Birmingham I suspect they couldn't come back because it would mean paying compensation to bcfc aswell as rent to wasps, with no income coming in then not a hard choice to stay there.

As to why ccfc went there and who pulled the plug in the negotiations then each side will tell you the "truth" they want you to hear. We will never know for certain what went on. Water under the bridge and was business decisions.

Does Seppala have a passion for the club or a passion for using the club to get the investors money back who knows. Those who meet her say the former, personally I don't know although it's hard not to believe the latter and i don't really care so long as MR is happy with the progress of the team
As someone that’s met her I think it’s both and clearly the latter is the priority. My frustration is at those that think they are mutually exclusive. I’m not overly invested either way and as you say if Robins is happy and making it work who am I to worry

NorthernWisdom

A tender has appeared for Warwick Council for the following:

"A substantial development opportunity is available in Warwick District, for which Warwick District Council is seeking to appoint a developer; both in regard to the provision of a new community stadium and other commercial opportunities. The site holds a central location close to key local employers and a number of local schools, which will include two new schools (one primary and one alternative provision) being delivered by Warwickshire County Council and the Department for Education, at the north side of the site.

The scope of the contract is to appoint a development partner to deliver the construction of the community stadium, and additional appropriate development on the stadium site and associated development land and buildings"
That's Leamington's new ground

CCFC54321

Not read through each page but this is what I’ve been told/suggested has happened on why city came back to the Ricoh/CBS…

Prepared for a onslaught if already been covered…

Hoffman is involved with the Coventry building society

London wasps are obviously in massive debt and cannot pay back to bond holders

London wasps simply servicing the debt

Coventry building society have approached London wasps and (don’t know how or why) have done some financial deal to help London wasps out?

in return Coventry building society get full sponsorship of the arena

Coventry city as part of the above must come back to the city.

Now this may not be 100% correct but it sounds possible with Hoffman’s links?

As I say it may have been covered else where so apologies in advance.

Sky Blue Pete

Not read through each page but this is what I’ve been told/suggested has happened on why city came back to the Ricoh/CBS…

Coventry building society have approached London wasps and (don’t know how or why) have done some financial deal to help London wasps out?

Hofmann did have but does he still?

SlowerThanPlatt

Sounds rather far fetched. Why must Coventry City come back to the Ricoh as part of that deal? Hoffman dislikes the owners

Legia Sky Blue

Hmm some will disagree on that, didn’t he entertain Dale Evans for a period despite no proof of funds?!

He might well be anti our owners, and shown poor judgement in respect of Evans but he is still a fan so I don't see why he wouldn't want CCFC playing in Cov regardless of who the owners are. This doesn't mean I agree with the poster's linking of all the events into some kind of brilliant masterplan though!

CCFC54321

He might well be anti our owners, and shown poor judgement in respect of Evans but he is still a fan so I don't see why he wouldn't want CCFC playing in Cov regardless of who the owners are. This doesn't mean I agree with the poster's linking of all the events into some kind of brilliant masterplan though!
Not my master plan. Just what I heard mate.

ceetee

If you accept the theory that our owners wanted to play away from Coventry to distress ACL/Wasps, then Hoffman/CBS sort of forcing a return to the Ricoh would be supporting CCFC not the owners.

Sky Blue Pete

If you accept the theory that our owners wanted to play away from Coventry to distress ACL/Wasps, then Hoffman/CBS sort of forcing a return to the Ricoh would be supporting CCFC not the owners.
I don’t buy that for the Birmingham move any more either!!

Frostie

The theory sounds more than a little far fetched but what always makes me laugh is the amount of people with very sky blue tinted specs whenever Hoffman's name is mentioned just because "he's a fan".
It's like that completely excuses all his previous dealings with the club.

Legia Sky Blue

What exactly are those previous dealings though? He was part of the SISU set up initially and saw from within the workings of the club, which he wasn't happy with and left. Whilst things have turned round for the club in recent years it's hard to argue that the move to Northampton and drop to league 2 were not real lows, and trying to manouevre take over deals in such circumstances hardly makes him Mr Evil.

His choice of associate however was undoubtedly poor, and there are plenty of examples of 'fan ownership' failures to make it doubtful that he would have been a successful owner himself, but as a 'fan' he is always more likely to be given a pass by the fanbase in general, and as far as I am aware he is/ was a genuine fan.

NorthernWisdom

He was part of the SISU set up initially
Wasn't hard to find out the type of organisation they were, even for a layperson. Given he's successful in the financial sector, you'd surely hope he had a contact or two to ask if he didn't know himself.

I don;t buy ignorance as an excuse. To his credit, he did at least quit, and also everyone is allowed a mistake. It's when it gets to a Joe Elliot level of endorsement that you have to seriously question whether they should be let anywhere near the running of the club.

I don't really appreciate the half-baked offers during our worst spell either, that didn't present everything, nor for that matter trying to get Haskell involved. By that stage, he'd know what kind of personality Seppala was, and how that would go down. That episode is where I actually have some sympathy with Seppala, that people were working behind her back to destabilise the club - that doesn't excuse many of the actions taken by our owners, but there was no need to back her into a corner and force her to fight like that.

Legia Sky Blue

Wasn't hard to find out the type of organisation they were, even for a layperson. Given he's successful in the financial sector, you'd surely hope he had a contact or two to ask if he didn't know himself.

I don;t buy ignorance as an excuse. To his credit, he did at least quit, and also everyone is allowed a mistake. It's when it gets to a Joe Elliot level of endorsement that you have to seriously question whether they should be let anywhere near the running of the club.

I don't really appreciate the half-baked offers during our worst spell either, that didn't present everything, nor for that matter trying to get Haskell involved. By that stage, he'd know what kind of personality Seppala was, and how that would go down. That episode is where I actually have some sympathy with Seppala, that people were working behind her back to destabilise the club - that doesn't excuse many of the actions taken by our owners, but there was no need to back her into a corner and force her to fight like that.

I agree with much of that. His judgement has been undeniably poor, which is rather strange given his background in the finance industry. Many owner/ fans seem to leave their brains in their trousers and Hoffman had that vibe about him in respect of his chosen associates. I won't criticise him for trying to change ownership when we were at our lowest points though, particularly when it appeared no one else was interested in doing so. The fact that he embraced the likes of Elliott, Haskell and Evans shows how low the club's worth had dropped in that he couldn't find more viable alternatives. The positive thing now is that were SISU to look to sell the club, it would probably attract a much wider interest and we would hopefully not be stuck with just chancers, self publicists or bargain basement seekers as prospective buyers, although no doubt there would be plenty of them still declaring their interest.

Users who are viewing this thread