Joy Seppala: “We will not interfere with any deal between Wasps and ACL re: Ricoh" (3 Viewers)

James Smith

I've heard from a separate source from LR. There were rumours about RR & Eurofin Capital going around last week from a source I had completely independent from the club/CCC/ACL/Sisu etc.

I miss Joe Dinsha...

Didn't Mr Dinsha at one stage say something like he'd been talking to the Chairman's PA and been unable to get past her to talk to McGinnity. Only for McGinnity to come back saying that he didn't have a PA anymore as part of his cost saving measures, hadn't done for 6 months or more.

James Smith

Why are you concerned about franchising for a Rugby team?

I'm concerned how this effects CCFC.
CCFC/SISU are not interested in the Ricoh so what do you expect to get from protesting this deal.

I feel powerless but I will not stand around outside the council office protesting for a Rugby team.

What will be protest against other than the above ?

Franchising of sport is wrong and it's wrong to take a club away from the fans. We didn't like it when we were moved 30 miles did we.

Gosford Green

SISU have stated they are building their own stadium. Tim announced over a year ago the club has moved on from the Ricoh.
Joy went on record yesterday as saying they are not opposing the sale and the return to the Ricoh is only on a short term deal. Facts that seem overlooked in shouting the odds about the arena owners looking at long term income streams.

No one sane really believes the story about the new stadium. I think the new owners of the Ricoh might buy the football club, but even if they did not SISU will find it easier to do business with than the council and at least when things went wrong it would not be tax payers money defending pointless court actions.

Sick Boy

We didn't have to paint ourselves into this corner, did we? We never "had" to leave The Ricoh and if we hadn't done that in the first place, we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

No, I wouldn't go if we built a new stadium, and at that stage no, I wouldn't call myself a fan any longer. A downsizing to a sub-20k stadium would be permanently reducing our potential-enough for us to be unrecognisable as the same CCFC that I have supported all of my life. We'd be sentenced to a future in L2 & L1, Championship tops. Because of the causes of that downsizing, I'd quit at that point.

Yet more evidence that we have the best fans in the country. Your support for the club depends on success.

Beaides, you were the one who blindly back your mate Thorny and sisu in taking us down the League 1. Maybe the club could finally move forward if the likes of you jumo ship.

Otis

Yet more evidence that we have the best fans in the country. Your support for the club depends on success.

Beaides, you were the one who blindly back your mate Thorny and sisu in taking us down the League 1. Maybe the club could finally move forward if the likes of you jumo ship.

Maybe he's more saying 'support is based on hope.' If you have no hope of better times and set your stall just to be small fry then I can understand why people would drift away.

torchomatic

I can't. You either support Team A or B or you don't. There's no guarantee of success or "good times".

Maybe he's more saying 'support is based on hope.' If you have no hope of better times and set your stall just to be small fry then I can understand why people would drift away.

torchomatic

Saying that I wouldn't have a go at someone walking away or anything, it's up to them. It's not an exclusive club with a membership fee, is it? You're free to join or leave anytime you want.

Gosford Green

Some people consider hypnotism to quit smoking I have considered it for Coventry City.

Yet this afternoon I will be at a soggy 1/4 full Ricoh watching probably the worse Coventry City team in 50 years hoping that the good times will roll again. My inspiration comes from Southampton and the Festa. They was shit a few years ago and look where they are now.

chiefdave

I can't. You either support Team A or B or you don't. There's no guarantee of success or "good times".

You can't group all supporters together. We know there's a hardcore that will go even if we bugger off to Northampton, we know there's roughly 10K who will stick around no matter how bad the football if we're playing in Coventry.

Problem is you need to get back the casual supporters or the ones who have stopped going. Moving to a smaller stadium outside the city isn't going to do that. The only likely outcome is that more will drift away.

dadgad

You can't group all supporters together. We know there's a hardcore that will go even if we bugger off to Northampton, we know there's roughly 10K who will stick around no matter how bad the football if we're playing in Coventry.

Problem is you need to get back the casual supporters or the ones who have stopped going. Moving to a smaller stadium outside the city isn't going to do that. The only likely outcome is that more will drift away.

Correct.
There's a dyed in the wool assumption that support for your club should be unconditional.
Absolute bollocks.

torchomatic

I never said support should be. I just said there are no guarantees. If someone wants to stop supporting or is disillusioned or whatever then fine, stop going.

Correct.
There's a dyed in the wool assumption that support for your club should be unconditional.
Absolute bollocks.

Nick

Administrator
Correct.
Absolute bollocks.
People will stop going for many different reasons, moving away, new family, new job, no job etc.

Some just bleat on about not supporting any more.

Sick Boy

If you look at our history over the last 40years it hasn't all been bad. What about those clubs who have been stuck in L2/L1 all that time? You don't just walk away from your club because times are hard.

At the moment too many peoole are more focused on getting rid of sisu even if it means ccfc suffering or going out of business.

I can't understand how a ccfc fan could try and justify the council in all this.

sky blue john

Some people consider hypnotism to quit smoking I have considered it for Coventry City.

Yet this afternoon I will be at a soggy 1/4 full Ricoh watching probably the worse Coventry City team in 50 years hoping that the good times will roll again. My inspiration comes from Southampton and the Festa. They was shit a few years ago and look where they are now.

An upturn in fortunes for Southampton & Leicester coincided with a change of owners !

chiefdave

If you look at our history over the last 40years it hasn't all been bad. What about those clubs who have been stuck in L2/L1 all that time? You don't just walk away from your club because times are hard.

You don't walk away, it's not a binary decision. You might however stop buying a season ticket and pick your games, the number of games you attend might decrease until you only go a couple of times a season and listen to the other games on the radio. You're still a supporter but you're not there every week, attendances drop, the matchday experience worsens as the ground is barely a third full, more people start going to less games as there's no atmosphere and so on.

Think there were a couple of stats thrown around on here that we haven't finished in the top 6 of any division for way longer than any other club and similar haven't had a Wembley trip for way longer than any other club. Some clubs are happy bouncing around L1 / L2 level as thats where they feel they should be. Coventry is one of the biggest cities in the country with a PL level stadium and a long history of being in the top flight, people expect better, or at the very least the hope of some better. That I think is the biggest thing, in the last few years under SISU the hope has gone.

dadgad

At the moment too many peoole are more focused on getting rid of sisu even if it means ccfc suffering or going out of business.

I can't understand how a ccfc fan could try and justify this.

A lack of understanding shouldn't be a barrier to the correct course of action.
Sometimes you have to reverse to advance.

Grendel

A lack of understanding shouldn't be a barrier to the correct course of action.
Sometimes you have to reverse to advance.

You've been practising NOPM for the last twenty years haven't you?

Users who are viewing this thread