Joy Seppala: “We will not interfere with any deal between Wasps and ACL re: Ricoh" (1 Viewer)

Rob S

Full press release here.

Sisu's Joy Seppala says Coventry City Football Club will not "interfere" with any talks over a sale of the Ricoh Arena to rugby club London Wasps.

She added neither she nor the club had received any contact from the stadium's management company Arena Coventry Limited or its half-owners Coventry City Council, which also owns the Ricoh freehold.

Speaking for the first time about the controversial Wasps proposal, she told the Get Cov Back To The Ricoh fans' group: "We will not interfere with any deal between Wasps and Arena Coventry Limited regarding the Ricoh." She said one of many hurdles to any prospect of a Ricoh deal had been ACL's contract with private firm Compass and the joint venture IEC, which had made an upfront payment to ACL in return for the Ricoh's revenues from catering sales.

"We don’t want to be distracted from what really matters to us, to the club and to the fans. We are focusing all of our efforts on making this season a great one for CCFC and securing our future."

Unconfirmed reports are that the proposed deal with London Wasps would see the council retain a 10 per cent stake in ACL, with a Wasps consortium buying a 90 per cent stake. The deal is expected to be discussed by councillors in private session at a full council meeting at Coventry council house on Tuesday.

Ms Seppala added there remained "long term investment plans" for the Coventry City football club, and "long-term investors" backing plans for a new stadium. Property consultants are actively working to secure a site that would include the commercial development potential around it. The long-term aim is for the new stadium to help maximise income for the team from stadium revenues.

She said: "We are moving on with our new stadium plans because the club needs access to revenues 365 days a year. You can’t build a new stadium overnight and we are happy to be back at the Ricoh Arena while we develop our plans for a new permanent home for CCFC."

Of team manager Steven Pressley, she said: "Steven's in it for the long term and is part of our plan for a sustainable football business model."

Read the rest of the release by clicking here.

Rob S

Bit of a mad few days. I'm trying to do a few non-CCFC-related things but am happy to hang around here to answer any questions. Just remember not to shoot the messenger ;-)

Otis

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

sky_blue_up_north

I really cannot see us having a club in 5 years, some of most depressing years as Sky Blue fan, and there have been some terrible times. I am just lost for words, its like banging your head against a brick wall.

Bennets Afro

I don't think Joy likes being pressed into a corner with The pressure for the club to come out and say they would match the offer. Of course she is gonna say this. I Still thinkers a bit of posturing from both sides

What happens Tuesday if the council vote no?

Otis

Or she knows something we all don't. Maybe Sisu are in amongst this consortium.

So they are going to be part owners in the Rioch, but still go and build another stadium? :thinking about:

Like I said, 'barking!!! '

Nick

Administrator
I don't think Joy likes being pressed into a corner with The pressure for the club to come out and say they would match the offer. Of course she is gonna say this. I Still thinkers a bit of posturing from both sides

From what I have read on here about how it works, it isn't likely to be voted against :(

Otis

They won't will they. Not if CCFC say they are definitely moving out of the Rioch and Ms Seppala has said they won't stand in the way of any deal.

That's pretty much a green light. The only issue then is an ethical one of a franchise club from outside coming into to Coventry, and as councillors their duty is to act in the interest of Coventry, not the fans of Wasps.

jimmyhillsfanclub

That's enough shit for today....

Log off...fuck off to walk the dog in the last remaining sun shine with a cold pint of stella in the beer garden half way around....

Happy Friday to everyone....

....except Sisu, ACL, CCC & the wasps consortium.....you call all fuck right off you bunch of money grabbing cunts.

sky blue john

Why?

In what sense does it make the franchising of sports clubs right?!?

I don't think franchising is right !!
I never went to fucking sixfields to watch franchise football !!
So are you going to turn up to the protest on behalf of wasps ?
Are wasp fans bothered about coming ?
Simple questions really !

NorthernWisdom

It might be Ranson & other former CCFC boardroom stars.

tbh, I'd like confirmation of the others mind you.

Whatever my thoughts of them involved in the club, I couldn't believe in the slightest that the likes of Elliott would get involved.

The thought of a dream team of Ranson and his predecessors however... :thinking about:

Rob S

tbh, I'd like confirmation of the others mind you.

Whatever my thoughts of them ibnvolved in the club, I couldn't believge in the slightest that the likes of Elliott would get involved.

The thought of a dream team of Ranson and his predecessors however... ::thinking about:

I've heard from a separate source from LR. There were rumours about RR & Eurofin Capital going around last week from a source I had completely independent from the club/CCC/ACL/Sisu etc.

I miss Joe Dinsha...

chiefdave

This is all very odd. I was hoping Rob was going to come back from his meeting with SISU and say they would be putting a bid in but this reads more like a SISU press release than one for a fans protest group.

So basically SISU are going to stick to the line that they are building there own stadium until well past the point of no return leaving the club deep in the shit if they never actually get round to building it.

Now that there can be no objections from CCC did she let you know where this new stadium will be?

J

Jack Griffin

Well, what do you know, Joy chooses an option the fans never wanted.

skybluetony176

Bit of a mad few days. I'm trying to do a few non-CCFC-related things but am happy to hang around here to answer any questions. Just remember not to shoot the messenger ;-)

Seeing as it's been confirmed straight from the horses mouth that we are moving on from the Ricoh into our own ground i guess there is no issue in SISU working with CCC in locating a site in the city of Coventry suitable for their plans of a new ground

Like wise. Seeing as it's been confirmed that CCC have a sale lined up for the Ricoh areana CCC should have no issue in assisting SISU and our club in carrying out their development plans.

Should this be our next focus as fans and our supporter groups. Nobody (who cares about the club at least) wants a stadium in the Coventry area FFS. Its CCFC not CAFC.

wingy

That's enough shit for today....

Log off...fuck off to walk the dog in the last remaining sun shine with a cold pint of stella in the beer garden half way around....

Happy Friday to everyone....

....except Sisu, ACL, CCC & the wasps consortium.....you call all fuck right off you bunch of money grabbing cunts.

Superbly and eloquently put JHFC as ever.:)

Users who are viewing this thread