Josh Reid set to sign (1 Viewer)

Greggs

McCallum right back- Reid left back

Tartan Specials

I agree tthe likes of Thatcher and Johnson do more for independence than anyone, but I think that's because they don't recognise it as an actual issue and think people really believe in it. Just like Cameron and Brexit - he called that because he just thought nowhere near enough people would seriously consider it.

I think the issue is that Scotland's independence movement is heavily weighted on the oil and gas reserves but those will be dying industries as everything moves towards green technology (although Scotland would be able to generate a lot via wind and tidal) so it's a short term thing.

Also if they wanted to rejoin the EU taking on the Euro would be a prerequisite and if you did gain access to all that oil and gas revenue they'd expect you to be a major contributor and you'd receive a lot less EU funding than before IMO. So it'd be meet the new boss same as the old boss.

I don't necessarily think independence would be a disaster for Scotland but it sure wouldn't be this fix-all many of the nationalists are selling it as. And they wouldn't have the fallback of being able to blame Westminster. Scotland should look at Brexit as a cautionary tale and be careful what you wish for. We went into that without any real idea as to what we'd do afterwards and the SNP give me that same impression.
Fook me, a reasoned response....where did you come from! 😀. People in England assume that everybody in Scotland all voted for independence for all the same reasons. In my my experience that wasn't the case. Some wanted the USSR, some wanted Norway, some wanted England but with a different flag. To me it was a bit like Brexit - some genuinely wanted sovereignty back, some just disliked foreigners but, I suspect, the majority just wanted to register a protest. Anyways, for all those eagerly awaiting....the kippers were lovely, McFadzean is still pronounced MacFadjyin and I predict 2-1 to the good guys today.

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins did say he wanted him around the squad and he’s been playing in the Scottish Premiership this season. So expect he will be on the bench quite a few times. Of course if Sam gets injured he’s straight in. But reading some articles Scottish press reckon he is a future Scotland left back in the making and ready to step up to U21s.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I see Johnson more like the old school bucket and cold sponge man who waddles on when a man's down injured.

Only Johnson would then proceed to stamp on the injury making sure the player had to go off so he can have a game, even thoough he's clearly nowhere near up to the task.

Brighton Sky Blue

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. Talking to my Popish pals and trying to get Celtic to buy Dabo for £5 million. They sold Frimpong for £11.5 million this week - Dabo is a better player but we're in a diddy league and all that.

I retrained as a referee in Fife, the courses were well run and every session started with us being asked to bring in examples from games we’d seen the week before. I always used things I’d noticed in City games but with us in League 1 at the time by the end they’d cheekily go ‘any examples from Coventry vs the Dog and Duck this week?’. Then asked them who Rangers were playing and they shut up pretty quick!

Tartan Specials

I retrained as a referee in Fife, the courses were well run and every session started with us being asked to bring in examples from games we’d seen the week before. I always used things I’d noticed in City games but with us in League 1 at the time by the end they’d cheekily go ‘any examples from Coventry vs the Dog and Duck this week?’. Then asked them who Rangers were playing and they shut up pretty quick!
*** referees in Fife - who knew! Apparently Celtic are trying to get Stephen O'Donnell (Scotland international RB) from Motherwell on a freebie. Hopefully that will bin the Dabo talk but it makes you think what is his actual value. Frimpong was 21 and signed from Man City. Even though he never played a single game for them they got 3.5 million out of the deal.

Brighton Sky Blue

*** referees in Fife - who knew! Apparently Celtic are trying to get Stephen O'Donnell (Scotland international RB) from Motherwell on a freebie. Hopefully that will bin the Dabo talk but it makes you think what is his actual value. Frimpong was 21 and signed from Man City. Even though he never played a single game for them they got 3.5 million out of the deal.

The guy leading the sessions was already an assistant in Europa League games, think he's gone on to officiate many more at that level. Only problem after I passed the course was not being assigned any games or leagues because I couldn't drive!

Tartan Specials

The guy leading the sessions was already an assistant in Europa League games, think he's gone on to officiate many more at that level. Only problem after I passed the course was not being assigned any games or leagues because I couldn't drive!
Without delving into politics again, the leader of the Scottish Tories (Douglas Ross) is a EUFA grade linesman. There was a stooshie a while back when he missed a vote awhile back because he was on duty at a Lodgorets vs FC Mettalburg Moldovan derby, or somesuch. Back on track, O'Donnell would have been a great signing for us - solid and cheap. Hey ho.

Brighton Sky Blue

Without delving into politics again, the leader of the Scottish Tories (Douglas Ross) is a EUFA grade linesman. There was a stooshie a while back when he missed a vote awhile back because he was on duty at a Lodgorets vs FC Mettalburg Moldovan derby, or somesuch. Back on track, O'Donnell would have been a great signing for us - solid and cheap. Hey ho.

I keep having dreams about us signing Shankland in 2018 in place of any of Baka/Chaplin/Hiwulla

Tartan Specials

a while back overload!! God bless afternoon drinking! 🍻

Tartan Specials

I keep having dreams about us signing Shankland in 2018 in place of any of Baka/Chaplin/Hiwulla
Sleep easy. Two years ago Shankland was basically scoring in a pub league. Currently I think we're better than Dundee United
Sleep easy. Dundee United are basically a League One standard and I think he's scored 6 goals for them? Sam Cosgrove at Aberdeen is a better player, but in the two million bracket, so obviously beyond our capabilities.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sleep easy. Dundee United are basically a League One standard and I think he's scored 6 goals for them? Sam Cosgrove at Aberdeen is a better player, but in the two million bracket, so obviously beyond our capabilities.

Cosgrove only got 3 this season for them?

Tartan Specials

Sleep easy. Two years ago Shankland was basically scoring in a pub league. Currently I think we're better than Dundee United

Drink texting! 😀 Time to ifollow methinks.

no_loyalty

What do you reckon, too early for this lad to make his debut yet?

Frostie

What do you reckon, too early for this lad to make his debut yet?

Probably yes. Be interesting to see what happens in a few weeks though v Norwich when McCallum is unavailable. Be a big ask to throw him in against them so maybe Dacosta at LB with Reid on the bench but we'll see.

mark82

I'd love to see us give him a bit of playing time prior to the Norwich game, assuming the plan is to use him at left back in that game.

Users who are viewing this thread