Josh Pask (1 Viewer)

Nuskyblue

Not sure I'd ruin a mug but it is pretty weird how he doesn't get the football fan mentality after being a footballer.

Especially as they paid his wages and allowed him to start his business.
Maybe he hates cups?

Food for thought.

ProfessorbyGrace

F3 is a footballing Christian charity, that actually does a lot of good at grassroots level.

If there are guys like Josh Pask putting their time, energy and money into the next generation of misguided youths, good on him. Yet, all the majority do is mock. 👏

SlowerThanPlatt

F3 is a footballing Christian charity, that actually does a lot of good at grassroots level.

If there are guys like Josh Pask putting their time, energy and money into the next generation of misguided youths, good on him. Yet, all the majority do is mock. 👏
Surely you can see the “mocking” is around F1, Formula One, not charity work.

biggymania

He's not wrong really on the whole and I would imagine most professional footballers feel that way and just wouldn't admit it while still in the game.

It's taken me years to come to this realisation but sport in general and particularly football is a great way for (predominantly) men to displace their own feelings about themselves. That can lead to some very odd, toxic behaviour and over reactions. I actually don't think this is a topic that is talked about enough and for good reason probably - because people don't really want to admit it.

shmmeee

He's not wrong really on the whole and I would imagine most professional footballers feel that way and just wouldn't admit it while still in the game.

It's taken me years to come to this realisation but sport in general and particularly football is a great way for (predominantly) men to displace their own feelings about themselves. That can lead to some very odd, toxic behaviour and over reactions. I actually don't think this is a topic that is talked about enough and for good reason probably - because people don't really want to admit it.

Can you expand?

Evo1883

Lebron James Sport GIF by NBA

biggymania

Can you expand?

I am sure I will butcher this a lot, but my thinking is this:

If you're an anxious or unhappy/depressed person that has spent their life being told to "man up" and pretend you're absolutely fine, all of those feelings really have to go somewhere. If you look at some of the "bed wetting" and really abusive and nasty things fans of football clubs sling at their players, their staff with that idea in mind, I think you can understand more where it's coming from. I feel it manifests in lots of different ways.

We often live vicariously through our football team - for better or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread